Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netgear WTG624 v4 Weird connection

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netgear WTG624 v4 Weird connection

Old 05-04-2008, 17:55   #16
Johna
cf.member

Services: Cable 10Mb TV Phone
Johna is on a distinguished roadJohna is on a distinguished road
Re: Netgear WTG624 v4 Weird connection

I've had the WTG624 v4 for 3 weeks now not had any problems with it apart from a couple of setup frustrations which were my fault
Johna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2008, 18:49   #17
J'Kla
Inactive

J'Kla is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Netgear WTG624 v4 Weird connection

Yes the main wtg624 issue appears to be linked to the v4 version I get the impression there may be a firmware fix somewhere down the line but that's no use to anybody trying to connect now.

I dare say this is as much of a surprise to Virgin Media as it is to anyone with a wtg624 v4 that can't make a connection.

For those who feel their only option is to change ISP that's your decision just be aware that changing ISP can bring its own problems. I have been there (changed ISP) I am not telling you not to do it only that it may be out of the frying pan.

I can say the Lynksys is a fix and the wtg624 v3 appears ok in my opinion (and note it's only an opinion) if there is any blame to be shouldered it belongs with Netgear for some inadequate testing on the wtg624 v4. Bear in mind it may not be all of the v4's it may just be a bad batch.

My main reason for posting is not to act as an apologist for either party but just to provide a thread or point of contact so someone banging their head against the wall in frustration can find out that it is not their fault and that their is an answer out there.

There's no doubt in my mind the retailers of this modem will be quick to let Netgear know who they think is to blame and it won't be the users.

I hope the guys at Virgin Media find this thread and get the info out to their help desk people the sooner this hits their eyes the better.
J'Kla is offline   Reply With Quote