Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Net gear security set up

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Net gear security set up

Old 30-03-2008, 12:06   #1
st.bugman76
Inactive

Services: sky/ AOL broadband
st.bugman76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Net gear security set up

Have recently moved into new house share with wirless broadband service provided via AOL through Netgear modem. My PC is picking up wirless connection but when I try to connect default message appears asking for security code Housemate has thrown the set up instructions from provider away any ideas on how to link up with modem ( think it is asking for WPA number ??)

Anyway any suggestions greatly appreciated.

st.bugman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2008, 13:21   #2
Valerie
Inactive

Services: VM 10 (well >4!) Meg via modem, M tv pack, 1 phone line
Valerie is a glorious beacon of lightValerie is a glorious beacon of lightValerie is a glorious beacon of lightValerie is a glorious beacon of lightValerie is a glorious beacon of lightValerie is a glorious beacon of lightValerie is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Net gear security set up

Not sure bout modem - I access wifi through router then modem. When I access my router via wired set-up I can change wireless settings to something new (and hopefully one he can remember). If he can't remember password & user for router/modem he'd have to factory reset it - default password/user usually on router so hopefully on modem too...

Netgear site has reasonable support so look there too
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 16:18   #3
st.bugman76
Inactive

Services: sky/ AOL broadband
st.bugman76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Net gear security set up

OK thats cool yes it is a router, not modem as I suggested, many thanks I will try to get my housemate to reset to factory settings as password / id are shown on the router. thanks again
st.bugman76 is offline   Reply With Quote