Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 13-05-2019, 10:30   #796
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You missed one on that list. Sky Atlantic HD.
Virgin can always put two Sky +1 branded channels at the end of list if that will known channel did launch on Virgin Media.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-05-2019, 10:55   #797
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Virgin can always put two Sky +1 branded channels at the end of list if that will known channel did launch on Virgin Media.
Given there's been rumours for a while that Sky2 will be shut, VM could always test Sky1+1 in the open and shift Atlantic onto the Sky2 space if they wanted launch disguised.

Given VM will be wanting to move HD only rather than have duplicates (which the changes to A&E Networks UK channels due to happen overnight reinforce), and the recently annouced TV Packs didn't have the HD versions listed for the Sky/Comcast owned channels, there's a reasonable chance Sky/Comcast channels will be next given Sky's due to make a new deal about now.

I think VM would therefore only get the HD version of Atlantic, if they get it, and they might get Sky1+1, replacing Sky2. I have no idea if Pick, Challenge, Sky News and Racing are part of that deal usually, but there's obviously a +1 and HD replacement/swaps to be done amongst them. Worst likely case, it remains as is on a shorter deal.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 06:22   #798
garethf1927
cf.member

Services: Virgin TV 360 4K UHD Bluray 4K UHD HDR TV
garethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about them

All the AETN channels in SD have gone where there’s a HD. All my series links on the old SD have jumped to the HD and all the HD ones jumped to the new slot
garethf1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 10:12   #799
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

The "We've made some changes" Channel Moved screen on the A&E HD channels old positions are going to confuse people. There is no mention of HD.

It just says "<Channel Name> is now on channel <Number>" rather than "<Channel Name HD> is now on channel <Number>" . The SD channels were on those channel numbers already, so that will confuse some.

On the other hand when you go to the newly swapped HD channel it has a "We've made some changes" pop-up message that does mention HD. And as it says "From 14th May..." it was clearly the one that higher tier customers saw in advance.

Customers on a package that had all the A&E channels clearly got prior on-screen notification, I never saw any on my lower package that has only Lifetime and History 2. Those on lower tiers are going to get a surprise today, I only know because of this forum. Unless it was a regional notification problem, that has happened before.

When I heard about the A&E swaps I was expecting a tile in the top of the EPG guide like with the BBC HD swaps and a pop-up on the SD channels. I had none of these things. I don't watch Lifetime, and rarely watch History 2, so it's not a problem for me personally, but it will be for some, who will be surprised if they had a similar lack of prior notification. Of course it could be a regional fault as I suggested earlier.

By the way, I can confirm the HD versions have moved down to their SD tiers as I haven't lost Lifetime or History 2. Just in case that wasn't clear from my above ramblings.
Old 14-05-2019, 12:07   #800
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethf1927 View Post
Looks like Lifetime going to 208, Crime to 209, History to 270 and History 2 to 273. So the SD’s closing.

Also found Crime +1 moving to 222

I guess Lifetime HD will retier to whatever pack the SD is in too
That's not quite what's happened...

Lifetime HD is on 208
Crime + Investigation HD is on 222
Crime + Investigation +1 is on 224
HISTORY HD is on 270
HISTORY +1 is on 271
HISTORY 2 HD is on 273

209, 223, 274 and 299 are showing 'Channel Moved'.
221, 225, 272 and 275 are blank.

Last edited by SonicMaster; 14-05-2019 at 12:14.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 12:33   #801
garethf1927
cf.member

Services: Virgin TV 360 4K UHD Bluray 4K UHD HDR TV
garethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
That's not quite what's happened...

Lifetime HD is on 208
Crime + Investigation HD is on 222
Crime + Investigation +1 is on 224
HISTORY HD is on 270
HISTORY +1 is on 271
HISTORY 2 HD is on 273

209, 223, 274 and 299 are showing 'Channel Moved'.
221, 225, 272 and 275 are blank.
The pop up I saw clearly said Crime was moving to 209 on 15th and Crime +1 to 222 on 15th. Today is 14th

Presumably 209 needed to be left with the Lifetime message for a day
garethf1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 12:54   #802
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

SonicMaster 221,225,272 and 275 have been unused for ages.

I get the impression VM are leaving existing EPG gaps, and those vacated through these HD swaps/replacements, empty with the aim of making the EPG more logical in a larger scale, all at once, change later on. It's easier to do with gaps.

For example, there's a number of cascading changes that could happen just by Channel 4 finishing its switch to HD on 104 (it's currently just swapped in London). If that happened 141 would be empty, combined with 144 which is already empty, and all the C4 channels in the 140s could be shunted along leaving enough space for More4 HD and More4+1 at 146 and 147. All a cascade effect from one change and an existing empty slot.
Old 14-05-2019, 13:12   #803
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The pop up I saw clearly said Crime was moving to 209 on 15th and Crime +1 to 222 on 15th. Today is 14th

Ah, you didn't mention the 15th in your original post. So a reshuffle today and then another tomorrow? That will confuse viewers!

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post

I get the impression VM are leaving existing EPG gaps, and those vacated through these HD swaps/replacements, empty with the aim of making the EPG more logical in a larger scale, all at once, change later on. It's easier to do with gaps.

For example, there's a number of cascading changes that could happen just by Channel 4 finishing its switch to HD on 104 (it's currently just swapped in London). If that happened 141 would be empty, combined with 144 which is already empty, and all the C4 channels in the 140s could be shunted along leaving enough space for More4 HD and More4+1 at 146 and 147. All a cascade effect from one change and an existing empty slot.
Yes, I'm aware.

Hopefully a wider scale tidy up is coming, as the EPG is getting into a mess.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 15:24   #804
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Given there's been rumours for a while that Sky2 will be shut, VM could always test Sky1+1 in the open and shift Atlantic onto the Sky2 space if they wanted launch disguised.
Sky do run an Sky One +1 channel on Sky.

Seen nothing about some Sky Basic Channels being axe in months.

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

BizAsia: &TV, Zing and Living Foodz HD will close on June 1st.

As revealed first on BizAsiaLive.com, ZEE Network UK has confirmed it will be shutting down &TV, Zing and Living Foodz on Virgin Media UK on 1st June 2019.

Full story @ https://www.bizasialive.com/zee-uk-c...ear-platforms/

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 14-05-2019 at 15:32. Reason: fixing text
Old 14-05-2019, 19:19   #805
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Channel 221 was rumoured to be set for Paramount Network before being given Channel 187.

Channel 225 was Lifetime +1

Channel 272 was Crime before being moved to Channel 223.

Channel 275 was Crime HD before being moved to Channel 222.
Old 15-05-2019, 11:27   #806
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys,
Sorry work has been crazy this year, I've hardly been on, but I'm keeping up to date with things. Keep up the good work
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 12:48   #807
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:

I forgot to look yesterday, but those two moves happened.
Old 17-05-2019, 12:40   #808
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Any news about Eurosport having another 4K stream on Virgin Media for the French Open like they did last year?
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 12:48   #809
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
Any news about Eurosport having another 4K stream on Virgin Media for the French Open like they did last year?
Not that I've heard, but there's a some BT-related developments (with 4K) I posted on the sport thread today. For all I know it's some rearrangement of existing services, but the wording they used is odd if that's all it is.
Old 17-05-2019, 19:51   #810
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:

The other cascade effect is with streaming services.

I know this is not the streaming/linear channels threads, but streaming services will impact channels from here on out, especially if the media companies keep their own content on their own services, they could do the same for what linear channels remains, heavily impacting them.

Thanks for the info about Ch4. Now got the HD version on ch104 and ch141 is now vacant. Also noticed that BBC Four is HD on ch107, when did that happen? Ch 163 is now vacant, as the SD channel has gone.

Last edited by Horizon; 17-05-2019 at 20:11.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote