Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 02-03-2019, 12:06   #346
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

They can never be error free. Computers do what humans tell them to do.

Any computer error is actually human error due to incorrect inormation being provided or incorrect programming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
So much for computers being error free.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2019, 19:24   #347
garethf1927
cf.member

Services: Virgin TV 360 4K UHD Bluray 4K UHD HDR TV
garethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about themgarethf1927 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yep, they are.

There also looks to be a problem with the EPG. Two Channel 4 programmes look to be set to record from Channel 711 (the former home of CBeebies HD).

If this isn't noticed by customers or fixed by VM, people will end up recording a channel moved slate instead of what they were expecting!

Has anyone else noticed this in Planned Recordings?
Looks to be sorted now. I reckon these would have been long gone before the time anyway - looks like the message changes to a generic Channel Update this coming Tuesday which I make 2 weeks after the BBC changes anyway so likely the end of the message period
garethf1927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 19:43   #348
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

It looks like we are going to get Amazon Prime (PID 216) and Total Country (PID 225) and possibly a few more channels. There are 10 new channels showing on http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.ph...ve=209&lang=en
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:40   #349
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
It looks like we are going to get Amazon Prime (PID 216) and Total Country (PID 225) and possibly a few more channels. There are 10 new channels showing on http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.ph...ve=209&lang=en
I admire your skills at sussing out this information, but I have gone boggle-eyed at trying to work out where Amazon is mentioned, and I cannot work out where PID225 mentions Amazon!

If your information is correct, this is good news indeed and confirms my interpretation of the impact of BT acquiring Prime for its service.

At last, I will be able to bookmark my Amazon watch list on the VM service!

Please could you put us right on your interpretation of these tables, because they won't mean much to most of us!

Last edited by OLD BOY; 03-03-2019 at 02:46.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 05:29   #350
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well OB this must be the umpteenth time you have got your hopes up and l suspect it will be the umpteenth time that you are going to be disappointed again.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:47   #351
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

The ten “new” channels are MPEG4 standard definition versions of:

Total Country
Now Music
Your TV
QVC
Sky News
Lifetime
Together Primetime
MTV Beats
Sky Sports Premier League
Real Lives
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:15   #352
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
The ten “new” channels are MPEG4 standard definition versions of:

Total Country
Now Music
Your TV
QVC
Sky News
Lifetime
Together Primetime
MTV Beats
Sky Sports Premier League
Real Lives
Given some of these, as you say jfman, are "new" rather than new, were those we already have on VM not in MPEG4 then? I'd been under impression VM had switched everything over to MPEG4 already, before even they had an HD-only capable network.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:18   #353
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Given some of these, as you say jfman, "new" rather than new, were those we already have on VM not in MPEG4 then? I'd been under impression VM had switched everything over to MPEG4 already, before even they had an HD-only capable network.
For high definition yes but for standard definition they still mainly use MPEG2.

Over the last few months they have moved some SD channels to MPEG4 and this is just an extension of that.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:57   #354
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
For high definition yes but for standard definition they still mainly use MPEG2.

Over the last few months they have moved some SD channels to MPEG4 and this is just an extension of that.
I assume the end game is MPEG4 for all channels regardless? and hopefully DVB-C2 also? Does Tivo and V6 boxes support DVB-C2?
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:16   #355
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNT View Post
I assume the end game is MPEG4 for all channels regardless? and hopefully DVB-C2 also? Does Tivo and V6 boxes support DVB-C2?
DVB-C2 is unlikely to ever make it out the lab. It’s an unnecessary technology giving optimisations that aren’t required and greater bandwidth efficiencies can be achieved elsewhere - DOCSIS 3.1 for example.

The V6 could, by software update, pull on demand content over the internet as opposed to over DVB-C. An update like that alongside MPEG4 and the closure of redundant SD duplicates/+1 channels and network upgrades to 1Ghz and beyond are more likely.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:18   #356
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Well OB this must be the umpteenth time you have got your hopes up and l suspect it will be the umpteenth time that you are going to be disappointed again.
Well, it's not me saying Prime is testing. I have looked at PID216 until I'm crossed eyed but I'm blowed if I can verify this information from looking at the tables and the PID216 link.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:36   #357
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, it's not me saying Prime is testing. I have looked at PID216 until I'm crossed eyed but I'm blowed if I can verify this information from looking at the tables and the PID216 link.
My money is on it not coming.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:44   #358
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I'd rather have Talking Pictures+1, or Talking Pictures 2
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:02   #359
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I'd rather have Talking Pictures+1, or Talking Pictures 2
Don't be so greedy as you have already have one Talking Pictures channel.

Last edited by denphone; 03-03-2019 at 12:06.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:16   #360
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
My money is on it not coming.
If it does it’s got 100% nothing to do with PID 216.