Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 02-01-2019, 10:38   #8866
Mullington
Inactive

Services: 100mb Cable, M+ TV, Phone- Talk Weekends
Mullington can only hope to improve
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Do we have any news or information on when Virgin customers will actually get this channel in HD rather than SD?
Mullington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2019, 10:43   #8867
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullington View Post
Do we have any news or information on when Virgin customers will actually get this channel in HD rather than SD?
None as this page on it is pretty vague and non committal IMO.

https://www.attheraces.com/press/sky...ns-and-answers
Old 02-01-2019, 10:50   #8868
Mullington
Inactive

Are any Virgin customers receiving this channel in HD do we know? I suspect it's only those on higher tariffs who are and if you're on a basic package they will want you to upgrade to receive the channel in HD. That's just the cynic in me
Old 02-01-2019, 10:53   #8869
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Are any Virgin customers receiving this channel in HD do we know? I suspect it's only those on higher tariffs who are and if you're on a basic package they will want you to upgrade to receive the channel in HD. That's just the cynic in me
Not even those on higher tariffs are receiving it in HD Mullington.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:57   #8870
Mullington
Inactive

Oh really? That's good news then in a perverse kind of a way. Looks like it may simply be a technical issue whilst the guys/girls are all away on their Christmas hols? It may be with us by the end of the week then?
Old 02-01-2019, 18:52   #8871
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

It's a channel rebrand. There's no commitment from Virgin that they will carry the HD version of the channel as standard.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 23:14   #8872
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
As far as we know Sky deal with Virgin Media is up in May 2019.

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...ike-major.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:06   #8873
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Yes I have the sky App and signed through Virgin go but it still comes up Error, there was many people with the same problem complaining,
What error message?

You have to register your phone to be the device to stream sky sports. This is separate from when you register it for streaming the other virgin media channels. Once you've registered your phone separately for sky sports the sky sports app will be how you stream it.
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 13:38   #8874
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
What error message?

You have to register your phone to be the device to stream sky sports. This is separate from when you register it for streaming the other virgin media channels. Once you've registered your phone separately for sky sports the sky sports app will be how you stream it.
It is an android tablet I have and the Error is OVP 00200' I sign in with Virginmedia go and it used to be ok , any advice would be appreciated,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 16:42   #8875
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
8 January, I believe.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 16:49   #8876
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
8 January, I believe.
Well l have my doubts OB about that.
Old 04-01-2019, 16:50   #8877
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

Just a bit of an update about my SS add on. I started it on the 20th December with a view of having the package for 30/31 days.
About the 23rd I called through 150 to give the notice required. English wasn't the first language of the CSA and she said I couldn't give notice until 20th January, this worried me that I would then have to give the 30 days notice then.
I have just called again hoping to get a UK CSA, no luck.
From what I gathered I do have to cancel on the 20th Jan but my SS charges stop then.
The only problem is I have to spend possibly 2 months SS charges and get a refund down the line.
I am sure in the past I could both start and finish a SS package on the 150 buttons.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 17:29   #8878
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
Just a bit of an update about my SS add on. I started it on the 20th December with a view of having the package for 30/31 days.
About the 23rd I called through 150 to give the notice required. English wasn't the first language of the CSA and she said I couldn't give notice until 20th January, this worried me that I would then have to give the 30 days notice then.
From what I gathered I do have to cancel on the 20th Jan but my SS charges stop then.
The only problem is I have to spend possibly 2 months SS charges and get a refund down the line.
I am sure in the past I could both start and finish a SS package on the 150 buttons.
Sounds like you still can, but will have to wait for a refund as you say. I recall saying further back in the thread that when I cancelled Prem Spts my ability to view was removed a couple of days later.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 19:09   #8879
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
I find it much easier just to get a 1 month Now TV pass ok, it's a bit more than VM charge, but you have no risk of getting billed 2 months as you can cancel with just a few clicks
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 19:17   #8880
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
It is an android tablet I have and the Error is OVP 00200' I sign in with Virginmedia go and it used to be ok , any advice would be appreciated,
Hmm could be a few reasons for this error message but i've found this post:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...0/td-p/3736237

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/...e-and-Computer

If you've done all that and 1) used your primary email address 2) clicked the virgin media icon when logging 3) you're using the sky sports app NOT the virgin media tv anywhere app probably the best thing to do would be to put a post on the community virgin media forum and one of the moderators should be able to reset your account to allow you to re-register
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote