Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of NTL CS has been:
I've never had any trouble from them 153 16.85%
Generally OK, occasional hassle 206 22.69%
Very hit'n' miss, about 50/50 174 19.16%
They normally mess it up 163 17.95%
Completely awful, every day of the week 212 23.35%
Voters: 908. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 14-11-2003, 11:32   #151
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

good posts mark and stu.....still can't rep either of you damn the rep system :p

udt i admit you made me hopping mad last night, by basically ****ging off my degree, i do not think that you actually know anything about philosophy......it is a difficult degree...i don't care what you think........

and btw udt when i mentioned being a philosopher it was in a lighthearted way was actually trying to lighten the mood
Advertisement
Old 14-11-2003, 11:34   #152
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy
good posts mark and stu.....still can't rep either of you
But I can
Old 14-11-2003, 11:43   #153
Bex
Inactive

Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
But I can
alright alright mr smarty pants :p

repped u and mark :p
Old 14-11-2003, 12:01   #154
zovat
Inactive

Services: NTL Telephone 3M Broadband - CM Sky TV
zovat has reached the bronze age
zovat has reached the bronze agezovat has reached the bronze agezovat has reached the bronze agezovat has reached the bronze agezovat has reached the bronze agezovat has reached the bronze agezovat has reached the bronze agezovat has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to zovat

Just to get back onto the subject at hand

I have found NTL CS to be 50/50 - it all depends on who you get....

(For the record I have no degree - I have spend 10+years working it TS/CS/Whatever you want to call it these days )

Thankfully I rarely have to call CS, as I am a computer techy (nerd ) and can normally diagnose the fault myself (or by using this forum or similar ones). When I do call them, I find that if I know exactly what the problem is likely to be you get either "ok sir, we'll look into that" and a solution (if I get it right - I ain't perfect you know ) or "sorry sir, but it must be a problem your end, you have a network - oh, we don't support networks" ..

If they could get consistancy I would be happy, but, like all support environments you get good and bad.

Just my 2c - and remember - do not feed the troll
Old 14-11-2003, 12:08   #155
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny star
paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

ok here we go again , i had a problem with e-mail today , i couldnt see why and server status said nothing so i rang c.s. , she put me through to t.s. and i waited no more than 5 mins , talked to the bloke and he suggested to go into webmail and delete a couple of posts and then try outlook express , hey presto , problem sorted , one for the memory banks , and no snottiness on there part just good quality service , top marks ntl
Old 14-11-2003, 12:12   #156
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
ok here we go again , i had a problem with e-mail today , i couldnt see why and server status said nothing so i rang c.s. , she put me through to t.s. and i waited no more than 5 mins , talked to the bloke and he suggested to go into webmail and delete a couple of posts and then try outlook express , hey presto , problem sorted , one for the memory banks , and no snottiness on there part just good quality service , top marks ntl
Out of curiosity, wouldn't it have been easier ( and logical? ) to have just called Tech Support first?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-11-2003, 12:16   #157
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

NTL is making a big thing out of being able to report any fault by dialling 150 from an NTL phone. It's plastered all over my bill each month. This means increasing numbers of internet problems going initially to CS and then transferred to Cable Modem Support.

I don't know why they do this, presumably it helps them route calls more efficiently.
Old 14-11-2003, 12:38   #158
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

paulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny starpaulyoung666 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Out of curiosity, wouldn't it have been easier ( and logical? ) to have just called Tech Support first?

for pitys sake dont you start as well , nah only kidding , i only rang c.s. in case there was something that hadnt been put up on the server status page , anyway doing it that way it didnt cost me to ring t.s. did it , anyway problem sorted
Old 14-11-2003, 13:25   #159
Mark W

Mark W is on a distinguished roadMark W is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
she put me through to t.s. and i waited no more than 5 mins
bet when i go in at 4 there is gonna be about 40 calls in the q ......
Old 14-11-2003, 14:06   #160
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark W
bet when i go in at 4 there is gonna be about 40 calls in the q ......

hahaahhaahahahahaahaahhahaa , only kidding
Old 14-11-2003, 20:38   #161
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Undisputedtruth can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Ming
Admin Edit:- Offensive post removed
I was wondering when someone from out of the blue will come out and insult me. I think Errol mentioned the same thing happening to him.

I'm gutted Emperor Ming.
Old 14-11-2003, 20:43   #162
Undisputedtruth
Banned

Undisputedtruth can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Ming
Admin Edit:- Offensive post removed

This is against the ToS on this site. However, they (the Mods) tend to allow these insults if someone does continually post negative messages about NTL.
Old 14-11-2003, 20:46   #163
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputedtruth
This is against the ToS on this site. However, they (the Mods) tend to allow these insults if someone does continually post negative messages about NTL.

No, I had not seen that.

Ming, you WILL refrain from posting such insults like that. This thread is always going to be a hot potato but plenty are joining in without resorting to name-calling like that.

Back to nice-guy mode now

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-11-2003, 20:54   #164
paulyoung666
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputedtruth

me finds it strange how a stranger should pop up and post summat like what he did , oooooooooopppppppps there goes me gramma again , maybe a grain of truth , mind you i would not for one minute say he/she was right or wrong , just an observation on my part
Old 14-11-2003, 21:01   #165
Bex
Inactive

ok maybe ming shouldnt have been so obvious but udt you have been being rude to so many people..u can't suddenly start taking offense
Closed Thread