Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 14-10-2019, 20:46   #3511
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Just tried a little test on my second V6 that is WiFi not hard wired. Netflix takes one second or less. IPlayer takes 4 seconds. Seems quick enough.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-10-2019, 21:30   #3512
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Hello all- my v6 in my boxroom is incredibly quick (this is where the box connects from outside. the downstairs bedroom is also quick but its just below my bedroom so makes sense.....)

Back room doesnt have the same wonder, signal is low. tivo box often fails to connect etc. so much so that the tv guide isnt connected and then you try to check another channel it goes back to the log in screen.

any suggestions? they're just sending a new box out at this point. will this fix ? i think its more a network issue in my house to go from 300meg in my room and then barely any wireless in the backroom which is 2 metres away
It might be gour wifi signal, but I would point out that the V6 is far quicker than the TiVo. Maybe you need one of those wifi boosters, although I don't know how good they are.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 21:34   #3513
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Hello all- my v6 in my boxroom is incredibly quick (this is where the box connects from outside. the downstairs bedroom is also quick but its just below my bedroom so makes sense.....)

Back room doesnt have the same wonder, signal is low. tivo box often fails to connect etc. so much so that the tv guide isnt connected and then you try to check another channel it goes back to the log in screen.

any suggestions? they're just sending a new box out at this point. will this fix ? i think its more a network issue in my house to go from 300meg in my room and then barely any wireless in the backroom which is 2 metres away
I had a similar problem with connection drop outs on my 2nd V6 box through Wifi in the bedroom. I split the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz in the Hub 3 settings menu and reconnected to the Virgin Media Service Now in the V6 box setting, with no problems since. Now the bedroom WiFi box is just as fast if not equal to the main living room wired box. Also, I assume you have tried disconnecting all your unused "other" devices or turned on the Hub 3 "intelligent" connect setting in the Hub 3 menu?
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 07:29   #3514
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

Vince,Download the Virgin Connect app onto your phone and test your wifi for blackspots. I did this and they sent we free wifi extenders for the weak signal to the back bedroom
Old 15-10-2019, 11:18   #3515
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Vince,Download the Virgin Connect app onto your phone and test your wifi for blackspots. I did this and they sent we free wifi extenders for the weak signal to the back bedroom
I did the same and it made a big difference around the house. 5ghz throughout.
Old 20-10-2019, 12:06   #3516
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Recently my V6 has recorded programmes that it has already recorded. It's happened twice in the last week or so with unwatched recordings, the most recent example being Match of the Day on Saturday evening and then the Sunday morning repeat both on BBC One. I don't know if this is a sign of a faulty box or the EPG incorrectly tagging repeats as 'new'. Anyone experienced anything similar?
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 12:23   #3517
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Recently my V6 has recorded programmes that it has already recorded. It's happened twice in the last week or so with unwatched recordings, the most recent example being Match of the Day on Saturday evening and then the Sunday morning repeat both on BBC One. I don't know if this is a sign of a faulty box or the EPG incorrectly tagging repeats as 'new'. Anyone experienced anything similar?
Faulty boxes don't result in wrongly recorded programmes, that's always either series link settings or the EPG data being wrong, and usually the latter. So I think your second guess is correct, the Sunday morning repeat was likely wrongly tagged.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 12:49   #3518
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

There were no duplications of Match of the Day here using a SL+.

Was the first recording complete?
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 16:09   #3519
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
There were no duplications of Match of the Day here using a SL+.

Was the first recording complete?
I assume both recordings were complete - I only watched the first one. It was a one-off recording (rather than a series link plus) and used the default setting of 'new and reruns' with 5 mins added padding but this should not have duplicated an unwatched recording made only a few hours previously. My suspicion is that the rerun was wrongly tagged with 'new' as the V6 has been behaving normally for all other functions.

On the bright side a duplicate recording is preferable to a missed one (which has happened in the past - again usually as a result of misinformation on the EPG).
Old 20-10-2019, 16:44   #3520
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The NEW tag is nothing to do with "recording as NEW". I wondered if the first recording was incomplete and so marked as a not recorded. I didn't get the Sunday repeat here - so doesn't seem to be a data issue.

A one-off recording does not prompt you for 'new and reruns' - that only comes up when Series Links are selected.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 17:13   #3521
heavyside
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The NEW tag is nothing to do with "recording as NEW". I wondered if the first recording was incomplete and so marked as a not recorded. I didn't get the Sunday repeat here - so doesn't seem to be a data issue.

A one-off recording does not prompt you for 'new and reruns' - that only comes up when Series Links are selected.
It remains a mystery.
Old 20-10-2019, 17:20   #3522
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
It remains a mystery.
The only thing I can think of is that two recordings were set (eg one for BBC1 and the other for BBC1HD).
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 19:06   #3523
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It remains a mystery.
If you've deleted them, please can you fish them out of the bin, then have a look at the metadata in more detail? (Channel, start time, duration etc). I want to know what happened!
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 10:56   #3524
heavyside
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
If you've deleted them, please can you fish them out of the bin, then have a look at the metadata in more detail? (Channel, start time, duration etc). I want to know what happened!
I've no idea how to retrieve any metadata but I fished the recordings from the deleted folder. The only difference that I could see initially is that the first recoding was 1.30 long and the second 1.40. I am not someone who views recordings through to the bitter end (such as the credits to movies and 'in the next episode' trailers) and I delete them once I have seen what interests me. So, if the first recoding was incomplete for some reason, I would not have been aware of it. Of course this raises the question of why the first recording was cut short (I don't recall any overrun of the previous programme at the start of the recording) if indeed that's the reason for the second recording of the same programme.
Old 21-10-2019, 11:49   #3525
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Saturday's showing was scheduled to be 1:30 long, and Sunday's 1:35, so you may have got two complete recordings, allowing for padding. Were they both recorded from the same channel?

Are you sure you haven't got a Series Link or WishList that recorded one of them? Another possibility is one was a Suggestion?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote