Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 07-02-2017, 08:40   #2806
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGOLD View Post
But the folders are empty, there are no recordings in there from either TV or on demand. All that's in there are scheduled future recordings. So is there no way of stopping the folder from appearing until there is an actual programme in there to watch?
I think there's an option to only show recordings in My shows as opposed to on demand. I think this hides the empty folders. Although this option might only be available when viewing the contents of a folder as opposed to the entire my shows. I think the options can be found by pressing the blue button when in the My Shows view.
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2017, 11:06   #2807
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys, 2 V6s installed today.

Everything went smoothly, the engineer wasn't even here that long. Connected the V6s, activated them and made sure both boxes were paired.
Everything working fine and I can see both boxes in My Shows.

The V6 itself is extremely quick, even loading Netflix. The 4K Netflix works like a charm too, looking forward to more 4K content and the HDR update.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 14:53   #2808
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Having been looking at the new box on the bus shelter advertising around my area these past few weeks I have to say it`s one ugly looking box! Look wise it`s not a patch on Sky Q box. If I ever get around to getting one mines going to be hidden away somewhere!
Yes I agree but I still think the designers could of come up with something better!
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 17:11   #2809
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Yes I agree but I still think the designers could of come up with something better!
The V6 is much smaller than the old TiVo and looks better in real life than it does in the ads or on a poster. It can easily be put either behind your TV or in a cupboard - I have two, both tidied away and no-one is any the wiser.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 17:23   #2810
Amazed
Inactive

Amazed is an unknown quantity at this point

Any approximate dimensions for the V6?
Amazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 17:33   #2811
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

Evening All.
I have had my install moved forward to 21st February but the man I spoke to today said the engineer might have to move my modem to living room were the install will be, is this the case as I don't want Ethernet cables all over the place.
albertsteptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 17:49   #2812
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertsteptoe View Post
Evening All.
I have had my install moved forward to 21st February but the man I spoke to today said the engineer might have to move my modem to living room were the install will be, is this the case as I don't want Ethernet cables all over the place.
Nah the v6 can do wifi
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 17:57   #2813
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Nah the v6 can do wifi
Thanks for that ill make sure I tell him I want wifi connection.
albertsteptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 23:35   #2814
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Nah the v6 can do wifi
I read somewhere that they insist on an ethernet connection directly to the modem or using powerline adaptors. The reason given was that the WiFi signal is not stable enough. Is there anybody on this forum that has had a WiFi only installation?
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 23:42   #2815
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
I read somewhere that they insist on an ethernet connection directly to the modem or using powerline adaptors. The reason given was that the WiFi signal is not stable enough. Is there anybody on this forum that has had a WiFi only installation?
We have two V6s and a hub 3. The hub 3 is in bedroom one and the two V6s are in bedroom two and the living room. We only have a small house but all three devices are in different rooms. After a few hiccups on wifi we managed to get both V6s connected to wifi at 5Ghz and both work absolutely fine. We were told at least one V6 needs to be connected by Ethernet for the installation but I'm not sure I actually believe this as how does the second box manage to update through wifi on first boot up but not the first box.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:56   #2816
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Both of my v6 boxes are connected by wifi only, and my superhub is in a separate room from both of them. I live in a 1950s built house, so the walls are not thin at all. Everything works just fine.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:58   #2817
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I had two v6 boxes installed on Monday and they are both through WiFi. Installer never said anything about having to use ethernet, but he did say because I'm on Full House with 200mb there would be no issue with WiFi.

I have superhub in same room as 1 box, but on the opposite side of room and the other box downstairs.

I've had no problems at all so far.
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:29   #2818
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I'm using a wifi extender which has Ethernet port and that's fine.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:02   #2819
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
Any approximate dimensions for the V6?
• Size: 230mm x 153mm x 55mm
• Weight: 1.04kg

http://store.virginmedia.com/content...xfactsheet.pdf
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 10:06   #2820
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hi Fixerman, I had my V6s installed yesterday and like a few of the others on here, both of mine are connected via Wi-Fi.

The engineer didn't even mention about setting them up with Ethernet, just went straight for Wi-Fi. One is in the living room with the Superhub - 95-100% connection strength and Second one is in the bedroom above the living room also getting near 100% signal strength.

Everything is working fine, both boxes are able to see recordings on each. I did turn off the snooze feature as I wasn't sure if both boxes need to be on for the recordings to be seen.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote