Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 07-12-2016, 16:15   #2056
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Interesting that the new V6 has eight tuners with two kept for future use.
Interesting, where did you spot that info?
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2016, 16:15   #2057
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

My install date for two v6 on Friday 6th Jan is £154 and £50 credit and £50 order credit
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 16:16   #2058
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Interesting, where did you spot that info?
Pocket Lint website
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 16:17   #2059
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Pocket Lint website
Good spot mate, wonder why they are holding them back?
Any ideas?
Old 07-12-2016, 16:17   #2060
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Why would a technician tell a customer there is a dodgy tuner but not do anything about it?
Maybe the customer didn't want to lose his recordings.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 16:24   #2061
djs9750
cf.member

djs9750 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a lucky day email as well, but still haven't had a confirmation email of the order. Placed the order yesterday afternoon, Does say in the order tracking that I am being upgraded and the date, but that's all. I assume there is no other way to check the order?
djs9750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 16:26   #2062
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
It is in your area, its available everywhere, they cant move you to 200 as you have a discount code on your account

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Considering the v6 has no modem, so no upstream power level, you may not need your HDU
Seriously? So you dont get increased broadband if youre on a discount ? im so confused sorry haha i sound thick
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 16:27   #2063
cozmic1988
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media's VIVID 200 + Full House XL
cozmic1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ordered! Called them this afternoon, £114.89, 2 x V6 boxes on VIP 200. The chap took forever, kept having to check stuff, but we got there. Install date of 4th Jan.
cozmic1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 16:30   #2064
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Seriously? So you dont get increased broadband if youre on a discount ? im so confused sorry haha i sound thick
There are certain discount codes that wont allow a 200Meg upgrade, you will be on a discount that is stopping the 200meg upgrade happening
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 16:36   #2065
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs9750 View Post
I got a lucky day email as well, but still haven't had a confirmation email of the order. Placed the order yesterday afternoon, Does say in the order tracking that I am being upgraded and the date, but that's all. I assume there is no other way to check the order?
I just got a receipt email, no lucky day one.

I guess the thing to remember here is that Virgin haven't actually formally announced that it can be ordered yet as far as I can see? So maybe everything is not in place yet? The only reason I knew about being able to order it is because I looked on this forum. This was the first V6 order the lady I spoke to today had done (she was very helpful though)
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 16:46   #2066
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I was paying £107 month for VIP package with a loyalty discount. I have 1TB Tivo, 1 V+HD and 2 x VHD boxes.

After the price rise it went to £110...then I added Caller ID which took it to £112.

After placing my order for 2 x V6s, which will replace the 2 x VHDs, the price will go to £122. A difference of £10 because of the monthly fee between VHD and Tivo is £5 a month - x 2 = £10. Which I have the confirmation email as well.

Hope this helps?

V.I.P Bundle
New monthly package total* £122.28
Just wondered why they were charging you £10 extra but you have 4 boxes so makes sense now.

I'm still none the wiser to how mine and your 2x V6 boxes comes to £64.94. I'm
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 17:20   #2067
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Just wondered why they were charging you £10 extra but you have 4 boxes so makes sense now.

I'm still none the wiser to how mine and your 2x V6 boxes comes to £64.94. I'm
I'm still not sure either, it's really strange. I have checked with them and they are positive 2 boxes will be installed. Plus they will be charging me for 2 boxes on my monthly bill too so I guess I'll have to wait and see lol
Old 07-12-2016, 17:35   #2068
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

I rang Virgin Media tonight to order the V6 box after 24 hours i decided to go ahead i spoke with a Asian lady who told me i would need to pay £99 plus £15 Activation fee and that i need to keep my old tivo box that will cost me £7.50 more a month she told me that the V6 would Launch in January 2017, i do wish these customer service people would read up before speaking with us m btw i was told yesterday i would pay £64 for my V6 box i wish i had ordered it yesterday lol
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 17:44   #2069
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Good spot mate, wonder why they are holding them back?
Any ideas?
The article says "for future developments".

IIRC the original TiVo launched with only two tuners, with the third being activated later.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 18:01   #2070
OhReally

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
passingbat how did you do it? This is EXACTLY what i want but i keep being told my package will go up and being told its hundreds of quid for installation.

Ive already emailed the CEO complaining since ive 8 different people now and 8 different quotes!
and this surprises you

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandmarkuk View Post
I think a lot of people aren't getting the e-mails at the moment (possibly due to volume of orders)
Having said that I recently upgraded to 200mb broadband and it still took 3-4 days for the e-mail confirmation to come through.
Ordered the Tuesday evening, e-mail didn't arrive until late Sunday evening.

I got my v6 boxes ordered, but only after been told 3 different prices, twice being told my contract would go up.
After 2 hours with the online chat I finally got a price in line with other people £114 for 2 boxes and no contract increase.
Not being installed until Jan though
I'd check the actual contract extremely carefully if I were you...