Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Info

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Info

Old 19-01-2007, 17:15   #61
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikesh View Post
You know how sometimes people take the good parts of crashed and
destroyed cars, and weld them together into a new one? Well right now,
we're bringing ntl, Telewest, Virgin.net & Virgin Mobile together to
form a brand new entertainment company.
car crash company... im sure some people on here would think that is accurate!
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-01-2007, 17:24   #62
themelon
Inactive

themelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to beholdthemelon is a splendid one to behold

Well the 'unedited' version is utter tittletattle.

Has the person ever been on a Virgin Train?

Sure as hell they are a damn site better than some of the wrecks with bolted on Park benches which First, Central Trains and numerous other operators are running in this country.

Nothing improves overnight, ntl is a mess the train network is a mess but Branson is doing his best to sort it and good on him.

If they think ntls phone service is expensive they should try BT, at least ntls service has the advantage of working, without a crackle.
themelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 20:21   #63
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal

Personally I can't be doing with Branson, he's a sham. "I'm a self made millionaire through hard work", yes and rich parents who helped him get started.

*Everything* Branson does that is meant to look like he's just a decnet nice ordinary guy is all a big sham to get the publicity. Of course, this doesn't make him any worse than other big hard-nosed businessmen, however too many people think Branson's wonderful and it makes me want to heave frankly.
Old 19-01-2007, 20:32   #64
sav112
Inactive

Services: "Be" 8mb
sav112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry but what does this all mean with regards to ntl's 10meg roll out?
i see this Vigin Media do a 2mb-4mb-10mb.
so is that what we are now sticking with or not?
i thought Ntl was about to move on to 10MB as standard!
sav112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 20:46   #65
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav112 View Post
Sorry but what does this all mean with regards to ntl's 10meg roll out?
i see this Vigin Media do a 2mb-4mb-10mb.
so is that what we are now sticking with or not?
i thought Ntl was about to move on to 10MB as standard!
They were going to make 10mb standard, but for now they are keeping the speeds at 2mb/4mb/10mb. You will also be able to buy 50mb in a few months.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 23:16   #66
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
They were going to make 10mb standard, but for now they are keeping the speeds at 2mb/4mb/10mb. You will also be able to buy 50mb in a few months.
You really shouldn't believe everything you hear on here mate.

Quote:
We'll be the first people to bring you
Digital TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile, all from the same company. As
long as you don't count ntl, who did it years ago. And nobody wanted
it back then either!

Do Virgin think that people want to have everything with one supplier - I wouldn't trust Ntl (or Sky) with four accounts, neither of them could cope with two. That said it's rarely cheaper to do this anyway!
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 08:53   #67
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadplay View Post
And here's the unedited version, found on another forum... I hope the original poster won't mind me reproducing it.

---------- Post added at 08:45 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by themelon View Post
Well the 'unedited' version is utter tittletattle.

Has the person ever been on a Virgin Train?

Sure as hell they are a damn site better than some of the wrecks with bolted on Park benches which First, Central Trains and numerous other operators are running in this country.

Nothing improves overnight, ntl is a mess the train network is a mess but Branson is doing his best to sort it and good on him.

If they think ntls phone service is expensive they should try BT, at least ntls service has the advantage of working, without a crackle.

Put a few leaves on the track and they're buggered!
Lets see how things are this time next year, if imo they can rival the sky service and bt service I have who knows?

---------- Post added at 08:53 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotnig View Post
Personally I can't be doing with Branson, he's a sham. "I'm a self made millionaire through hard work", yes and rich parents who helped him get started.

*Everything* Branson does that is meant to look like he's just a decnet nice ordinary guy is all a big sham to get the publicity. Of course, this doesn't make him any worse than other big hard-nosed businessmen, however too many people think Branson's wonderful and it makes me want to heave frankly.

My sentiments
This is the guy who when he was younger was badgering john lennons agent for an autographed record so he could auction it off at a students event, at the time yoko ono was having an abortion.
Bransons " mr nice guy " image did not find favour with john lennon either.
Old 20-01-2007, 11:11   #68
nn012
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

interesting read here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...cnvirgin20.xml

Quote:
Virgin Media, which has spent £5m trying to improve the cable groups' poor customer service, will spend tens of millions of pounds to increase coverage.
nn012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 11:15   #69
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
You really shouldn't believe everything you hear on here mate.
You don't think this will happen soon?
Old 20-01-2007, 11:34   #70
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nn012 View Post
I found the following interesting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegraph
At the centre of Virgin Media's plan is a new set-top box intended to rival the popular Sky+ recorder. The box, which has a secret codename, is based on Telewest's TVDrive which decodes digital television signals and allows users to pause and rewind live television. The new box is expected to be able to carry high-definition pictures.
Is this just the TVDrive renamed the V+ box?
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2007, 11:38   #71
Nikesh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of Fools View Post
Is this just the TVDrive renamed the V+ box?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I read it too.
Old 22-01-2007, 02:28   #72
Lambard
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL / broadband M / Sky sports and Sky move Packges
Lambard is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone tell me what is the diffrent will be made of changing to Virgin Media
Lambard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 09:35   #73
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused View Post
ntl:telewest will officially become virgin media on 14th feb 2007. rebranding will be done before the launch
So is this the date I can expect my speed upgrade to 20Meg?
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 10:15   #74
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You don't think this will happen soon?
What like the 20Mbit that was trialled and never sold? No not really - if it does it'll bot be for a while and even then it'll probably never work.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 01:56   #75
ginge51
Permanently Banned

Services: I'm on vm 10 meg
ginge51 is a name known to allginge51 is a name known to allginge51 is a name known to allginge51 is a name known to allginge51 is a name known to allginge51 is a name known to allginge51 is a name known to allginge51 is a name known to all

what about caps/restrictions when ntl/telewest move over to virgin media will any be implemented as ive just today got ntl broadband installed at my home for 10 pound 2 meg bb ?
plus will my price plan change as i got this 2 meg 10 pound service b4 the 31st of jan which was the ending date ???

thx
ginge51 is offline   Reply With Quote