Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Info

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Info

Old 16-01-2007, 21:00   #31
zing_deleted

Re: Virgin Media Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus Finch View Post
Thanks for the link

It does sound promising

I used to work for ntl in Manchester and as a Customer Service Advisor I did try my very best to offer the best customer service I could

It was the procedures and lack of back up that discouraged me

I have heard from one friend who is on leave at present and works for ntl Virgin Media and was told that Richard Branson has said that he will not put his name to rubbish and he intends to sort out the cable group

That sounds promising - I have a lot of time for virgin and respect them as a company

Branson will sort if out

We will be in a pickle if he does not

ooooops thats branstone isnt it
lol and to the forum
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2007, 21:10   #32
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus Finch View Post
Branson will sort if out

We will be in a pickle if he does not

ooooops thats branstone isnt it
LOLLL
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 21:18   #33
dcclanuk
Inactive

dcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Howell View Post
Actually, its about creating a true competitor to Sky (and boy, do they need one).

And of course, money.
y? becoz sky provide a superior tv service and are cheaper too?
dcclanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 21:28   #34
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcclanuk View Post
That depends on what services/channels you have. Most people who stay with NTL, stay cos their happy with the service their getting and the price their paying for it.

But IMO, Mr. Rupert Murdoch has way too much influence on the national media now. I think a strong competitor is required right now.
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2007, 21:37   #35
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcclanuk View Post
I think what he meant was that Sky don't actually have a proper competitor as there isn't a single company that offers everything they do and Virgin media will be able to beat it with the Mobile products.
Old 16-01-2007, 23:39   #36
HDFootyMan
Inactive

HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
I think what he meant was that Sky don't actually have a proper competitor as there isn't a single company that offers everything they do and Virgin media will be able to beat it with the Mobile products.
That too.

Plus, without Cable, Sky would have the HD market all to themselves and could charge what the hell they like for hardware and content. I doubt even Sky customers would think that's a good thing.
Old 17-01-2007, 00:20   #37
bluecandylover

Services: Virgin Media VIVID 200, XL TV, TiVo 1Tb, Sky+HD 2Tb, Box Set Bundle

It was ok, Loved the models Esepcially the "Got a question" tab

Anywho, did you see the screenshot of the Virgin Media TV menu, does'nt look as posh as the Telewest version, however it does look like Telewest in diguise!!
Old 17-01-2007, 01:25   #38
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

I'll take an Extra Large Virgin please :P

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 10:20   #39
andygrif
Inactive

andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array

Quote:
That depends on what services/channels you have. Most people who stay with NTL, stay cos their happy with the service their getting and the price their paying for it.
I'd disagree - most people stay with them as they are indifferent to the alternatives or think it would be too much hassle to change (the same reason why British Gas still have the majority of gas customers in the UK, dispite being the most expensive and offering dreadful customer service too).

Quote:
But IMO, Mr. Rupert Murdoch has way too much influence on the national media now. I think a strong competitor is required right now.
I think you're failing to separete the media from the delivery platform; the main channels that ntl carry are identical to the ones that Sky carry, and the majority of them are not owned by News Corp. Whatever your views on Murdoch (and I do understand that Murdoch-bashing is a fashionable past-time) you cannot deny that Sky has created a platform that is quite a long way ahead of the game compared to its competitors, which is why they have more customers.

But the game is changing right now, OD is billed as the future of the industry, and cable is ahead of the game right now in that arena, but I doubt it will always be that way, especially as new products from BT, Tiscali and Sky are all imminent.

Quote:
That too.

Plus, without Cable, Sky would have the HD market all to themselves and could charge what the hell they like for hardware and content. I doubt even Sky customers would think that's a good thing.
You don't credit the general public with much inteligence do you? People will only pay the price they think something is worth to them. No-one is forcing them to take out an HD subscription.
andygrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 10:47   #40
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygrif View Post
You don't credit the general public with much inteligence do you? People will only pay the price they think something is worth to them. No-one is forcing them to take out an HD subscription.
i would disagree with that, if it were true then the Monopolies and Mergers Commission would only deal with essential items that people have to buy. But they dont, they deal with every business in the uk
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 11:54   #41
RS100
Inactive

Services: SLOW Virgin 20mb BB, Virgin telephone, V+HD, Sky HD,
RS100 is a glorious beacon of lightRS100 is a glorious beacon of lightRS100 is a glorious beacon of lightRS100 is a glorious beacon of lightRS100 is a glorious beacon of lightRS100 is a glorious beacon of lightRS100 is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like the rebranding has now started see my thread here

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33606424

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused View Post
i would disagree with that, if it were true then the Monopolies and Mergers Commission would only deal with essential items that people have to buy. But they dont, they deal with every business in the uk
RS100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 12:17   #42
andygrif
Inactive

andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array
andygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze arrayandygrif has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostandconfused View Post
And what was the finding of the MMC's investigation?
andygrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 19:03   #43
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygrif View Post

Well, no ****.

My point stands - take Virgin Media out of the picture, and that leaves Sky as the only supplier of HD content.

If Joe Bloogs wanted HD, and Sky were asking too much for him, then of course he goes without it. At least now, Joe Bloggs has a choice.
Old 17-01-2007, 21:51   #44
RileyM
Inactive

Services: FreeviewHD BT Broadband Option 3 Sly World 3D + ESPN Nokia N8 (O2 UK)
RileyM is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RileyM Send a message via Yahoo to RileyM

finally, nice to see some OFFICIAL word from Virgin MEdia about the change. Hopefully more will come to light soon (hopefully before 1 February).

Btw, when is the re-brand set to take place? At first i heard 14 February, then more recently i heard somewhere (either here or DigitalSpy) that it was 1 or 2 February (can't remember exactly).

~RileyM
RileyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 23:24   #45
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

there has been a lot of speculation of the dates. but, im willing to bet my savings that it will be feb 14th
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote