Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you reading?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Air fryer recipies

Old 12-12-2023, 17:20   #1
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Air fryer recipies

As a new owner of the said device I would welcome any recipies, for example I have now mastered boiled eggs at 180 for 8 minutes.

I would like to know how to cook a simple christmas dinner for two i.e small turkey crown, roast parsnips, roast potatoes, brussels, yorkshires, chippolatas etc. I would like to know how to bake cakes, sponges etc. Any tips please you clever people?
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2023, 17:55   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Air fryer recipies

I have had one for a couple of years and up till now I just halve the cooking time and use a slightly lower heat or wade through google which I find most frustrating as it assumes you're an American . Always been a bit hit and miss and so always have to check stuff before it finishes cooking.

I decided to treat myself to a 'proper' cook book and I can highly reccomend .. The Complete Air Fryer by Sam & Dom Milner. £10 from Amazon..

Loads of recipes, techniques and a handy chart for cooking times/temps. Also it's geared up to the UK, no 'cup' measurements or hard to find ingredients, and it's uses centigade unlike most books that are aimed at Americans

Add/ I've just checked my book and it covers both things you have mentioned.

Last edited by joglynne; 12-12-2023 at 18:01.
joglynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 18:08   #3
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

I follow ButlersEmpire on youtube. They are just down to earth people cooking down to earth recipes. No Jamie Oliver rubbish haha They do cakes yorkies roasts all sorts

https://www.youtube.com/@butlersempire
Old 12-12-2023, 18:21   #4
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Oh wow Jo and Jay you two seem on a different planet to me I put it down to age(me) but I am wiling to learn. I will delve into your suggestions and hopefully get to grips with some delicious receipts. Many thanks.
Old 12-12-2023, 18:29   #5
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I wouldn't be without mine. Our son suprised me with mine a couple of Christmas ago, took me a while to do much other than warm pies and cook frozen chips so you doing boiled eggs is pretty adventurous. The first time I tried I expected them to explode and was ready with our fire blanket whilst John ran for the hills.
Old 12-12-2023, 18:40   #6
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I would be very wary about cooking a turkey in one. These need to be properly done for safety so please use a conventional oven for the time and temperature specified, Allow to stand (Covered in foil and a cloth) for at least the same time that you roast it for.
Old 12-12-2023, 18:43   #7
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I have had one for a couple of years and up till now I just halve the cooking time and use a slightly lower heat or wade through google which I find most frustrating as it assumes you're an American . Always been a bit hit and miss and so always have to check stuff before it finishes cooking.

I decided to treat myself to a 'proper' cook book and I can highly reccomend .. The Complete Air Fryer by Sam & Dom Milner. £10 from Amazon..

Loads of recipes, techniques and a handy chart for cooking times/temps. Also it's geared up to the UK, no 'cup' measurements or hard to find ingredients, and it's uses centigade unlike most books that are aimed at Americans

Add/ I've just checked my book and it covers both things you have mentioned.
The UK used cup measures before the US! Also we also used farenheight pre-EU.

Strange how things change.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 18:44   #8
Tinky
To err is human

Haha Jo, I only found out about the boiled egg thingy from a member of our local social club. My near neighbour says she wouldn't be without her's and uses it on a daily basis. Many things to learn t'would seem.
Old 12-12-2023, 19:20   #9
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
The UK used cup measures before the US! Also we also used farenheight pre-EU.

Strange how things change.
Agree,
I was taught to cook using spoons to measure flour and liquids etc. I still use my Gran's teaspoon and tablespoon when I make scones. I just hate having to do conversions when I am following a recipe or setting my oven. I can easily have a disaster without the help of American based cookbooks.
Old 12-12-2023, 19:40   #10
Saul's Grandad
Lurkalot

Services: Virgin TV, Phone, mobile & BB. Netflix and Amazon.
Saul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really niceSaul's Grandad is just really nice

There are some handy oven to air fryer conversion charts around that help when you'd rather not guess times or temperatures (and only have conventional oven instructions on your packaging). I have saved one to my phone for use in our kitchen - I think it was originally a tea towel or a place mat or something along those lines.

I found plenty of web sites with conversion charts as well like this one - https://lianaskitchen.co.uk/oven-to-...er-conversion/ - which seems fairly straightforward and much the same as the one I use. There seem to be a few around if you don't get on with that site.

I also found it helpful to get silicon liners for the drawers on ours - saves on washing up.

If you're after specific Christmas dinner tips there was quite a good documentary by Alexis Conrad the other day on Channel 5 - https://www.channel5.com/show/air-fr...tmas-made-easy

PS - I find it better to err on the low side for cooking times and temperatures. You can always put your food in for a few more minutes if not fully cooked but you can't un-burn it if you over-cook it.

Last edited by Saul's Grandad; 12-12-2023 at 19:45. Reason: delete emoji that didn't work and add more info
Saul's Grandad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 19:54   #11
Tinky
To err is human

Thank you all for being so helpful, I will look into all the links you have posted, many thanks. x