Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What kind of computer are you using?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

What kind of computer are you using?

Old 13-03-2018, 19:34   #16
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star
Re: What kind of computer are you using?

1have Windows 10 which was upgraded from Windows 7". But I use my IPad more than my PC ,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2018, 19:47   #17
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

ACER laptop 1612 Pentium Centrino 1.6 MHz 1 meg RAM and windows 7 originally Windows XP, it is very slow.
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 20:14   #18
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from Ken W:

ACER laptop 1612 Pentium Centrino 1.6 MHz 1 meg RAM and windows 7 originally Windows XP, it is very slow.
Max out your RAM and fit an SSD for the main OS. Not too costly but will reward you in spades. No need to upgrade the OS.
Old 13-03-2018, 21:13   #19
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Max out your RAM and fit an SSD for the main OS. Not too costly but will reward you in spades. No need to upgrade the OS.

The RAM is maxed. I think it is better to go for a new and faster pc, perhaps a i5 or i7
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 01:59   #20
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I have a 4690k, Asus turbo 1060 and 16gb ram. currently have 4 HD's 500gb main SSD the rest are 3 x 2TB and a 3TB nas drive
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 07:05   #21
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

Video Card #2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

RAM 16 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit

Home built to play Elite Dangerous

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 07:53   #22
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Thanks for sharing everyone,its nice seeing we all have different stuff we love
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 10:21   #23
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

My home PC is pretty old now - Core 2 Duo, 8Gb RAM. Upgraded it with an SSD a couple of years back - the best upgrade you can ever make!

Getting itchy feet now and thinking of building a new machine - AMD Ryzen 1600 (or maybe 2600 when it comes out) 16Gb RAM, M.2 SSD plus a 1TB spinning drive. Nice!
jonbxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 10:30   #24
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

i7 - 4770k, 16gb Ram, 14TB Hard drives, 2 x 250gb SSDs, GTX 1080, Win 7.

I doubt I'll be upgrading anything for a while as the lack of PC games these days is quite a factor. Mainly use the PC for TV out to AV which works very well.
Old 14-03-2018, 10:55   #25
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
The RAM is maxed. I think it is better to go for a new and faster pc, perhaps a i5 or i7
1 Meg of RAM? i wish i had that much!
Old 14-03-2018, 14:46   #26
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

Video Card #2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

RAM 16 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit

Home built to play Elite Dangerous

I have ED bought it for £90 when in beta played it for all of 3 hours and the whole control system put me off keep meaning to go back and really give it ago
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 15:00   #27
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Intel i5-3570K 3.40Ghz overclocked to 4.7Ghz
16GB RAM
Win 10 Home 64bit
250GB Samsung SSD for OS and games
2TB hard drive
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 2GB
2 x 24" monitors

It's about 5 years old, but does what I need it to do - I might add another SSD for games and change the graphics card for a 1070, but not just yet.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 18:25   #28
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

A sort of a tall oblong one.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 22:51   #29
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
A sort of a tall oblong one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg AB1A753D-3BB2-49A9-923C-9E9E51A7767B.jpeg (33.9 KB, 38 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 23:50   #30
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Oh no! An Oblelisk from AOS! What planet now?????
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote