Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Services Chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky Services Chat

Old 20-02-2012, 16:52   #46
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky Services Chat

Sky Go live TV app launches on Android smartphones , more channels added to Sky Go on mobile.

Quote:
The Sky Go app is now downloadable from the Android market, available on various handsets including the HTC Desire S and Samsung Galaxy S2.

Sky TV customers can access various live TV channels on their Android smartphones, including all five Sky Sports channels, ESPN, Sky News and Sky Movies (in line with their subscription).

Also today, Sky has added various entertainment channels to Sky Go, including Sky1, Sky Living and Sky Arts, joining the already available Sky Atlantic. The new Sky Sports F1 channel will launch on the platform on March 9, showing all action from Formula One.

"We're extremely happy to announce the rollout of Sky Go on selected Android handsets today and the arrival of the Sky Entertainment channels to mobile devices," said Holly Knill, the head of Sky Go.

"We are always working to ensure that Sky customers have more ways to watch content they love, whether it's the big Premiership game, Emmy and Golden Globe winner Modern Family or Ruth Jones's Stella, and this is exactly what this enhanced version of Sky Go delivers."

Sky Go supported Android handsets include: HTC Desire, HTC Desire S, HTC Desire HD, HTC Incredible S, HTC Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S and Samsung Galaxy S2

Sky said that Sky Movies on-demand content will launch on the Android app "later in 2012". It also said that Sky Arts will be made available on Apple iOS devices from February 21.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/new...artphones.html
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2012, 17:12   #47
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Works great for me on Galaxy S2
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 19:01   #48
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Although I'm an iOS man it's great to see Sky expanding their SkyGo audience by opening it up to the Andriod folks.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 19:23   #49
LexDiamond
Inactive

LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Although I'm an iOS man it's great to see Sky expanding their SkyGo audience by opening it up to the Andriod folks.
My life has definitely changed for the better
Old 20-02-2012, 19:40   #50
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Likewise I'm delighted with the new channels being added to the service alongside the Android launch. Great news all around!
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 22:19   #51
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Don't know whether you both agree but I'd like to now see Sky Atlantic , Sky One , Sky Living added to the Anytime section of the Sky Go app allowing you to catch the last 7 days shows similar to the Iplayer app on mobile/tablet.
Old 21-02-2012, 10:20   #52
LexDiamond
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Don't know whether you both agree but I'd like to now see Sky Atlantic , Sky One , Sky Living added to the Anytime section of the Sky Go app allowing you to catch the last 7 days shows similar to the Iplayer app on mobile/tablet.
IMO having that feature would be huge for Sky customers. An Iplayer style catch up service would probably be bigger than any of the other serviced Sky are rumoured to be introducing.

Edit: Is it just me or is the show Brick City (Sky Atlantic) missing from Never Miss?
Old 21-02-2012, 10:46   #53
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
IMO having that feature would be huge for Sky customers. An Iplayer style catch up service would probably be bigger than any of the other serviced Sky are rumoured to be introducing.

Edit: Is it just me or is the show Brick City (Sky Atlantic) missing from Never Miss?
There is a form you can fill in to see things listed that are currently missing.
Old 21-02-2012, 20:14   #54
LexDiamond
Inactive

Quote:
There is a form you can fill in to see things listed that are currently missing.
Didnt see the form right under the results
Old 22-02-2012, 22:20   #55
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

It would appear Comcast are to launch a similar Internet service to that Sky has recently announced , trying to compete head on with Netflix in the US

Quote:
Cable giant Comcast is to unveil a video-streaming service in another blow to Netflix’s dominance.
The firm will allow U.S. customers a similar selection of old TV shows and movies over the web for $4.99 a month - $3 less than its rival.
The service, called Xfinity Streampix, will be available this week to the company’s existing subscribers.
Quote:
A slew of rivals on both sides of the Atlantic are aiming to take on Netflix, which recently launched in the UK.
Broadcaster BSkyB announced a new internet which will allow British households to pay to download films without a contract or a satellite dish.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...g-service.html
Old 01-03-2012, 09:06   #56
LexDiamond
Inactive

How do I activate Anytime+ online?

I logged in to MySky and then went to check equipment, under which there is section for existing customers. When I click on this it takes me to a page where I can add further services. At the bottom of the page there is Anytime+ which says added already on it. When I hover over the added button it just says it is free of charge. If I click on basket it is empty. How do I actually activate the service?
Old 01-03-2012, 11:02   #57
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
How do I activate Anytime+ online?

I logged in to MySky and then went to check equipment, under which there is section for existing customers. When I click on this it takes me to a page where I can add further services. At the bottom of the page there is Anytime+ which says added already on it. When I hover over the added button it just says it is free of charge. If I click on basket it is empty. How do I actually activate the service?
Probably already activated , it can take upto 24hrs but in reality is usually running in under 12 hrs , if not then give them a ring.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:17   #58
LexDiamond
Inactive

Is it possible they could have activated when I joined even though I did not ask for it?
Old 01-03-2012, 13:08   #59
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Is it possible they could have activated when I joined even though I did not ask for it?
Let me know , if you get it up and running
Old 01-03-2012, 22:00   #60
LexDiamond
Inactive

Quote:
Let me know , if you get it up and running
I now have Anytime+ showing in MySky so have to wait for it to show up on my stb.