Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Legend of the Seeker (TV series based on "The Sword of Truth")

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Legend of the Seeker (TV series based on "The Sword of Truth")

Old 25-05-2009, 14:08   #1
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Legend of the Seeker (TV series based on "The Sword of Truth")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Seeker

TV series based upon the "Sword of Truth" fantasy novels by Terry Goodkind.

It's made by Sam "Spider-Man / Evil Dead" Raimi & Robert Tapert, the guys behind "Hercules" and "Xena".

It's "syndicated" in the US (rather than being shown on one specific Network), but I've not heard anything about anyone over here picking it up yet unfortunately.

Season 1 finished last week, and it's been renewed for a second season.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-05-2009, 14:10   #2
zing_deleted

Re: Legend of the Seeker (TV series)

did you know Raimi is remaking The Evil Dead and has the go ahead for spidey 4 and 5. Might have to see if I can find it
Old 25-05-2009, 14:14   #3
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Legend of the Seeker (TV series)

Yeah, I'd heard that. He's got a new horror out now too which is meant to be very good - "Drag Me to Hell".
Old 28-05-2009, 00:40   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

re: Legend of the Seeker (TV series based on "The Sword of Truth")

Well, I really like this so far.

It's not got the cheesy tongue-in-cheek humour of Herc/Xena, but it doesn't play itself 100% deadly serious either - there is humour in it, and fun.

Bit of excessive slow-motion in some of the early fight scenes, & various bits of the Pilot made me think of Star Wars, but I think it's very good so far. Hopefully Sci Fi or someone will pick it up in the UK.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:56   #5
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

I think I have the complete first season on my Archos.. It gets better, and better...

I like Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander - he's definitely out there.... but the tension that builds between Richard Cypher and Kahlen Amnell - well, it's just amazing, the cast fits perfectly. Craig Parker as Darken Rahl - he reminds me of the Sherrif of rottingham from the Robin Hood - Men in Tights movie for appearance, though he is a very much darker character...
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:05   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Yes, I think it definitely improves, & the cast are great.

I think Craig Parker is excellent as Rahl. I knew his voice from somewhere straight away, but it took a look at Wikipedia to find I knew him from LOTR.

I finished season one earlier this week - looking forward to season two.
Old 23-07-2009, 20:47   #7
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Season 1 will be shown in the UK on the Sci Fi Channel, starting on the 13th of August:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1630...he-seeker.html