Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dollhouse : Season 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Dollhouse : Season 1

Old 14-02-2009, 13:50   #1
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Dollhouse : Season 1

New show by Jose Whedon. I thought this show had a very good first episode. I've got a feeling that they'll be a lot of mythology within this show.

I'm looking forward for the next episode.

Anyone else saw it yet?
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2009, 13:54   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Dollhouse

Not yet, should watch it over the weekend
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 00:23   #3
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" (Fox US, spoilers)

I watched it earlier.

I thought it was quite good for a first episode. I am curious though as to how different it is from the original pilot that was shot & scrapped.

Lots of familiar faces too as well as the gorgeous Eliza Dushku - Tahmoh Penikett (Helo in BSG), Harry J. Lennix (Commander Lock in the Matrix sequels), Reed Diamond (Homicide & Journeyman), Amy Acker (Fred in Angel).

@cimt - I've edited the title a bit, as this is obviously going to be discussing eps aired in the US well before it airs in the UK.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 01:47   #4
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
Re: Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" (Fox US, spoilers)

I watched it earlier too.
I like the idea of it, as the actives get to be different people with different skills every week, giving the programme a lot of scope.
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 16:19   #5
cimt

Re: Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" (US timeline)

Dollhouse got off to a bad start...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/a14...dollhouse.html

Oh dear. Apparrently it's in a terrible time slot though...
Old 16-02-2009, 16:25   #6
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post

Oh dear. Apparrently it's in a terrible time slot though...
No surprise really. You'd have though that Joss Whedon would have told Fox where to go and gone with another network after the scheduling mess they made of Firefly.

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 18:58   #7
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I quite enjoyed Dolhouse. Whedon's normal humour doesn't appear to be showing, but that could take a few episodes to come through. Having said that, his other series (Buffy, Angel and Firefly) had both funny and serious episodes, so this could just have been a serious episode.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 19:19   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I am not too keen on it but will keep watching to see if it improves.
Old 16-02-2009, 19:58   #9
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Apparently it hits its stride by the 6 episode or so.

Unfortunately... it's on Fox. In a really bad timeslot.

And did I mention it's on Fox?

tbh, I can't see it lasting too long.
Old 21-02-2009, 11:22   #10
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I am not too keen on it but will keep watching to see if it improves.
Hmm, I have to say Im also not that impressed so far.

It was ok, and Im downloading episode 2 atm, just to see how it goes - but so far its not done anything to make me really want to see it again.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 12:45   #11
Fatec
Inactive

Fatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to beholdFatec is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Hmm, I have to say Im also not that impressed so far.

It was ok, and Im downloading episode 2 atm, just to see how it goes - but so far its not done anything to make me really want to see it again.
Apparently episode 2 was actually supposed to be the 'pilot' episode, seems fox is at it again even after the firefly fiasco

I thought episode 1 was 'OK'...about to watch episode 2..but i dont have high hopes for this show, you know how 'FOX' is for cancelling any show that is actually good...
Fatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 14:28   #12
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

re: Dollhouse : Season 1

I watched episode two yesterday.

Vast improvement on episode one, IMO.

@Fatec - Yep, the pilot ep screened wasn't Whedon's original pilot. Apparently Fox didn't like the original pilot, so Whedon had to re-shoot it. I can easily see Fox messing with it more & then canning it early...
Old 22-02-2009, 14:33   #13
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I watched episode two yesterday.

Vast improvement on episode one, IMO.

@Fatec - Yep, the pilot ep screened wasn't Whedon's original pilot. Apparently Fox didn't like the original pilot, so Whedon had to re-shoot it. I can easily see Fox messing with it more & then canning it early...
Agreed Matt Ep 2 was much better. I remember reading about Fox messing with the episodes a couple months back. Thought at the time they were making a mistake as usual and its been proven again.

They should leave the writers to do what they do instead of changing things and making a complete mess of it.

Always been a big fan of Joss Wedons works and hope Fox dont mess up another potentially great series of his.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 01:41   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatec View Post
Apparently episode 2 was actually supposed to be the 'pilot' episode, seems fox is at it again even after the firefly fiasco

I thought episode 1 was 'OK'...about to watch episode 2..but i dont have high hopes for this show, you know how 'FOX' is for cancelling any show that is actually good...
No this ep wasn't the original pilot, that got canned and then totally reshot.
Old 23-02-2009, 02:53   #15
cimt

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the original pilot became the second episode?