Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 15-04-2023, 11:45   #7636
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
This will be my 3rd. I have always just had the spray due to the fact I want to just leave after. I hate it tbh as my gag reflex must be pretty bad cuz I am retching on the pipe for a good part of the procedure. Might go with sedation this time though

The very thought , so sorry Jay
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-04-2023, 13:37   #7637
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

First world problem I know, but trying to get Mrs G to decide exactly what she's wanting from a holiday so I can make some calls and start getting some prices together.

So far it's either Dubai or Dubai and Thailand, or Las Vegas and San Francisco and somewhere sunny (Mexico or Carribbean).
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 13:45   #7638
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If you are going for a fortnight, can I suggest 3 days in Vegas, 3 days in Los Angeles (kids can do Disney), then a week in San Diego (SD is always sunny) - nice driving routes as well.

Another tip if you are flying to/from the USA is to fly from LBA to Dublin, then get the flight to the States from there - you clear Homeland Security at Dublin Airport (takes 30-60 minutes max), and the flight is then treated as an internal flight for the USA, and you miss out the 2-4 hours it normally takes to clear Homeland Security when you land.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 15-04-2023 at 13:52.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 14:07   #7639
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
First world problem I know, but trying to get Mrs G to decide exactly what she's wanting from a holiday so I can make some calls and start getting some prices together.

So far it's either Dubai or Dubai and Thailand, or Las Vegas and San Francisco and somewhere sunny (Mexico or Carribbean).
I highly recommend Rhyl. She'll love it.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 14:58   #7640
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Been feeling lousy since Easter Monday.A little better today but some time before I feel much better.
Old 15-04-2023, 16:01   #7641
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I’ve been to both San Diego and Rhyl - both nice in their own way, but preferred San Diego…
Old 15-04-2023, 19:42   #7642
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I’ve been to both San Diego and Rhyl - both nice in their own way, but preferred San Diego…
Philistine
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 21:04   #7643
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Philistine
RC*, actually…

*very lapsed
Old 16-04-2023, 13:33   #7644
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Been feeling lousy since Easter Monday.A little better today but some time before I feel much better.

Sorry to hear that Maggy, hope you get better soon.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2023, 11:41   #7645
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Quote:
If you are going for a fortnight, can I suggest 3 days in Vegas, 3 days in Los Angeles (kids can do Disney), then a week in San Diego (SD is always sunny) - nice driving routes as well.

Another tip if you are flying to/from the USA is to fly from LBA to Dublin, then get the flight to the States from there - you clear Homeland Security at Dublin Airport (takes 30-60 minutes max), and the flight is then treated as an internal flight for the USA, and you miss out the 2-4 hours it normally takes to clear Homeland Security when you land.
Quote:
We did New York some years ago via Shannon to clear customs in Ireland.

We love Las Vegas and will never get bored of going, it's so tacky it's actually quite classy in a funny sort of way.

We've done northern California but never the south so that's something to think about.

Will only be the 2 of us - daughter is married and can afford her own holidays these days!!

Have an elderly Aunty in Old Colwyn so Rhyl is somewhere we've been, maybe I'll leave this one there .

But being serious, Thailand seems to be off as Mrs G's vegetarian but nearly vegan so food might be an issue. However, it's now looking like Dubai & Goa but the flights might be a nightmare so probably looking like 2 weeks next March in Goa and another trip later next year to Dubai. And we'll also probably end up having a sneaky week in Turkey this September.
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2023, 12:00   #7646
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

7 texts since 8.30 AM from Capita reminding me my PIP assessment is tomorrow. 1 or 2 is plenty haha
Old 18-04-2023, 09:55   #7647
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Incredibly stressed. Capita was meant to call at 9.15 for my PIP assessment and no call. I have called them and they say running late. How? 9.15 is gonna be their first call. Anxiety through the roof
Old 18-04-2023, 10:10   #7648
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Incredibly stressed. Capita was meant to call at 9.15 for my PIP assessment and no call. I have called them and they say running late. How? 9.15 is gonna be their first call. Anxiety through the roof
Don't take this the wrong way Jay.

Just try to keep calm and composed Jay as you will need to be when they eventually arrive as a clear mind is a focused mind.
Old 18-04-2023, 12:07   #7649
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Don't take this the wrong way Jay.

Just try to keep calm and composed Jay as you will need to be when they eventually arrive as a clear mind is a focused mind.
kinda resigned to it not happening. I have called Capita and it is still on the system but they try to contact the "health professional" and are getting no reply. They are trying to say they are running late. IMO it is unacceptable leaving people for over an hour now with mental health issues and not at least letting them know

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Still no call. Capita say it needs to be investigated. I told them to make sure it is noted that it is not my fault. I have to call back next Tuesday. Which is endoscopy day so more fun
Old 19-04-2023, 11:28   #7650
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

A bit concerned that I may have been slowly poisoning myself.......

I bought a new Brita water filter jug as the old was looking rather lime scale grubby on the outside and got a good deal for £12.

Took the old jug apart to dispose and found a green film of algae smeared around the top 3rd of the inside of the jug!!! I've used jugs for 10 years and this is the first time I've experienced this.