Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 22-23

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 22-23

Old 04-06-2023, 19:23   #226
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: Season 22-23

Don't think it was 113 different rules tbh. According to various reports it's either 113 or 115 breaches of various ffp rules. It will be interesting to see if this ever comes to a conclusion. City's highly paid lawyers eventually got UEFA to back off even though the emails and other documents the German press had uncovered seemed to be a smoking gun at the time. City and their lawyers are doing everything they can to delay proceedings by raising several objections to the proposed chair of the investigation who happens to be an Arsenal supporter. They have also objected to several of the alleged misdemeanours. I suppose it depends how much the Premier league is prepared to throw at it all.

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

I must add that as a lifelong United supporter you would think that I would be rubbing my hands at this, far from it. I am not sure I ever agreed with the introduction of the FFP rules in the first place as it was obviously done to try and protect an elite rather than for the good of football in general.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2023, 19:30   #227
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Same as VAR.

I think VAR probably contributed in all 4 matches Man U beat us in this season - though I don't think we were good enough to win any of them anyway. Sam Surridge being called offside by millimetres, and that Maguire hand ball which would be given against most teams...

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 21:36   #228
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Having looked it up, I think fines, and maybe points deduction, are the worst that will happen.
They are certainly not going to be stripped of titles, or expelled, anyone hoping for that is delusional.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 23:56   #229
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Having looked it up, I think fines, and maybe points deduction, are the worst that will happen.
They are certainly not going to be stripped of titles, or expelled, anyone hoping for that is delusional.
Fines aren't exactly going to be much of a punishment. Any points deduction must be enough to rule them out of even the Europa League tournament and make that last for a few years.
No point having the rules, if the punishments are meaningless.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 19:45   #230
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Fines aren't exactly going to be much of a punishment. Any points deduction must be enough to rule them out of even the Europa League tournament and make that last for a few years.
Thats never going to happen.

Old 08-07-2023, 22:04   #231
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

England won the European Under 21 Championship.

They last won it almost 40 years ago (in 1982 & 1984).