Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Guess the place game

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Guess the place game

Old 03-05-2022, 12:49   #46
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Guess the place game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Oh I know it....Love the Peak District!

Its the entrance to the caves. Blue John Cavern
It certainly is. It looks so boring from the outside but underground you can explore, and walk through, several caverns. When the tourist season ends the guides work the mine which produces the most incredible Blue John, a semi-precious mineral, a rare form of fluorite with bands of a purple-blue or yellow.

There's another 3 separate Caverns you can visit in the area. Including the Speedwell Cavern where you go down 106 steps and board a boat that takes you through the workings of a 230 year old lead mine.

Are you up to posting another photo Halcyon, Or is someone else wanting to take the lead?
Old 03-05-2022, 14:25   #47
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Thankyou, I'l post one up.

We are definately learning some great facts about places through this.

Ok.....

Where is this....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (543.4 KB, 19 views)

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 15:03   #48
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Is this bridge in the North of England?
Old 03-05-2022, 15:22   #49
Halcyon
Hello !

Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

It is indeed up North.

Im looking for the place and the name of the river

Old 03-05-2022, 15:30   #50
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Is it the River Dee in Chester?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 15:40   #51
joglynne
Born again teenager.

.....or the 0use in York?
Old 03-05-2022, 16:35   #52
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I'm thinking it might be Durham?
Old 03-05-2022, 17:08   #53
Halcyon
Hello !

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
.....or the 0use in York?

Wow! Joglynne you are on a roll!

It is indeed the river Ouse that passes through the historical walled city of York. I was there two years ago when I went to visit the National Railway Museum.

Well done!

Old 03-05-2022, 17:20   #54
joglynne
Born again teenager.

I stayed in a hotel very close to the bridge when one of my cases was transferred to York Crown Court. One of the highlights of my stay was being taken on a river cruise by my team and landing next to the Lendal Bridge.

It was the White Roses of York on the bridge that triggered the memory.

Please could someone else take up the lead. Pretty please.
Old 03-05-2022, 18:01   #55
joglynne
Born again teenager.

On second thoughts, have a go at working out where this is.

A clue....Don't drink the water it will stain your teeth!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: png where am I 3.png (568.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 03-05-2022, 19:23   #56
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Is it the Harecastle Tunnel in Kidsgrove? The water colour looks right. Don't know why it's that colour though.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 20:48   #57
joglynne
Born again teenager.

No sorry, not the Harecastle Tunnel.

This is a lot smaller and is a Grade II listed building. It was built to hold a Royal boat belonging to a member of the Aristocracy and once carried Queen Victoria.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:56   #58
Halcyon
Hello !

Is this near Manchester?

Old 04-05-2022, 10:27   #59
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Bridgewater Canal, Leigh to Worsley.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:09   #60
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Yep well done heero and I suspect Halcyon had worked it out as well.

It's the The Duke of Bridgewater boathouse on the Bridgewater canal at Worsley and the bright orange water is due to the water coming from the mines containing traces of iron ore.

As I mentioned earlier the Boat House is a grade II listed building dating from the early/mid 19th century. It was built by 1st Earl of Ellesmere, a descendant of the 3rd Duke of Bridgewater who financed the construction of the canal to carry coals from his local mines in to Manchester. The boathouses's original role was as a home for the Royal Boat that carried Queen Victoria along the canal when she visited Worsley in 1851

For anyone interested here's a link which gives the history of the Worsley Navigable Levels which are an extensive 52 miles of underground canal tunnels forming a series of coal mines in Worsley which were worked,in the main, by boats called starvationers which were forty seven feet long and four feet and a half wide including the gunnels and carried 7/8 tons of coal and and being linked together and brought out of the tunnel from six to twenty at a time .