Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pluto TV not available to Tivo customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Pluto TV not available to Tivo customers

Old 13-09-2021, 19:27   #1
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Pluto TV not available to Tivo customers

VM hlghlights Pluto TV in its showreel which plays when you are are accessing on demand content, yet it is not available to customers who have the Tivo box. Does anyone know why Pluto TV is not available to customers who have the Tivo box?
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2021, 20:35   #2
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Pluto TV not available to Tivo customers

It is also still not on the 360 service either.
As TiVo is only given in circumstances where a customer doesn’t take virgin broadband I can5 see much more being added going forward.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2021, 20:35   #3
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

If that's the case, they've withdrawn it since I had my Tivo box about eight months ago. The app worked, and I went through the channels to see what was available.

We don't have Pluto TV on the 360 box, althogh there are Pluto channels.

Are you looking for this as a stand alone app? It should be on the My5 app. Press the red button to access the channels when into My5 - Pluto TV and other Pluto channels should be on there.
Old 13-09-2021, 21:59   #4
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
VM hlghlights Pluto TV in its showreel which plays when you are are accessing on demand content, yet it is not available to customers who have the Tivo box. Does anyone know why Pluto TV is not available to customers who have the Tivo box?
The Original VM Tivo is probably too slow to run it so it's only on the faster V6 Tivo-powered boxes.

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If that's the case, they've withdrawn it since I had my Tivo box about eight months ago. The app worked, and I went through the channels to see what was available.

We don't have Pluto TV on the 360 box, althogh there are Pluto channels.

Are you looking for this as a stand alone app? It should be on the My5 app. Press the red button to access the channels when into My5 - Pluto TV and other Pluto channels should be on there.
I thought you had a V6 Old Boy before you switched?
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2021, 00:03   #5
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The Original VM Tivo is probably too slow to run it so it's only on the faster V6 Tivo-powered boxes.

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

I thought you had a V6 Old Boy before you switched?
Oh, God, yes. It was run on TiVo software, so that’s what I was thinking - but yes, I had two V6s. I thought the old boxes had all the main terrestrial streamers, though.
Old 16-09-2021, 20:35   #6
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

I'm surprised that Pluto TV isn't on the 360 boxes.
Old 16-09-2021, 22:13   #7
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
I'm surprised that Pluto TV isn't on the 360 boxes.
Some of the Pluto channels are, though. I don’t think we’re missing much.
Old 17-09-2021, 19:59   #8
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
YouTube, The BBC iPlayer and the STV Player are there so i don't see why Pluto TV isn't, given that you pay for the service as part of your subscription regardless of whether you watch it, and in this case regardless of whether you can access it.
Old 17-09-2021, 23:55   #9
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
YouTube, The BBC iPlayer and the STV Player are there so i don't see why Pluto TV isn't, given that you pay for the service as part of your subscription regardless of whether you watch it, and in this case regardless of whether you can access it.
It's the broadcasters who have to decide whether it's worthwhile to provide the resources necessary to create and maintain for each platform. If they are on the original Tivo already it requires less effort to get it working on the V6. Those broadcasters that arrive to the platform later may just look at the user numbers and the age of the hardware and see little benefit to the effort and expense required.

There's been no indication VM forward subscription funds to app creators on an ongoing basis.
Old 18-09-2021, 00:16   #10
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

I received an email yesterday from VM about the apps, and it included Pluto TV. I tried it and was thrown by the appearance of a showreel and nothing else.
Pressed buttons such as Up, Down, and OK, and more info popped up, including an EPG just for Pluto Live TV.
Needs info on screen when starting so people know what to do. Otherwise people will think that there isn't anything there, as I did first time around.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 00:54   #11
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
I received an email yesterday from VM about the apps, and it included Pluto TV. I tried it and was thrown by the appearance of a showreel and nothing else.
Pressed buttons such as Up, Down, and OK, and more info popped up, including an EPG just for Pluto Live TV.
Needs info on screen when starting so people know what to do. Otherwise people will think that there isn't anything there, as I did first time around.
It didn't used to be quite like that, they've made it more confusing.
Old 18-09-2021, 19:01   #12
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Were you able to access Pluto TV, and which box do you have?
Old 19-09-2021, 20:04   #13
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

Looked on the box I’m beta testing and nothing on there
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 21:02   #14
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Were you able to access Pluto TV, and which box do you have?
V6.
Do you get anything? IE A programme without any other detail or instructions. Mine "tunes" in to the "Highway to Heaven" channel with the TV series of that same name.
Press "OK" and you should get a menu with "Live TV", "On Demand", "Settings", and "Privacy Policy".
Haven't yet figured out how you're meant to move along in time on the "Live TV" EPG, so can't see what's on in the future. Even the web based app can't do it.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2021, 20:24   #15
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Which box do you have?