Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cabinet identification

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Cabinet identification

Old 17-09-2021, 14:01   #46
jimac
cf.member

jimac is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cabinet identification

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oZXw5REDWXXc5MY16

I know this is super old, but after many years, I've been "cajoled" by the wife and one of the neighbors into looking into this again.....

Here's a picture of the cabinet - it has been open like this and an eyesore for everyone for over a decade (well, since before I moved in anyway!).

I now have kids, so am more worried about the safety (or lack thereof!) of it.

Anyone have any ideas of who I should approach/contact about it?

VM say it's not thiers. OpenReach (who are continually in my street doing something, they are right now, about 20m from this box) say it's nothing to do with them.

Any help/thought/input would be very much appreciated!

kind regards

Jim

Last edited by jimac; 17-09-2021 at 14:02. Reason: image not showing
jimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-09-2021, 19:11   #47
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Go out there at 3am . . disconnect 2 cables . . see who turns up

If nobody appears after a week, tell the local scrap man it's his
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2021, 19:12   #48
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimac View Post

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oZXw5REDWXXc5MY16

I know this is super old, but after many years, I've been "cajoled" by the wife and one of the neighbors into looking into this again.....

Here's a picture of the cabinet - it has been open like this and an eyesore for everyone for over a decade (well, since before I moved in anyway!).

I now have kids, so am more worried about the safety (or lack thereof!) of it.

Anyone have any ideas of who I should approach/contact about it?

VM say it's not thiers. OpenReach (who are continually in my street doing something, they are right now, about 20m from this box) say it's nothing to do with them.

Any help/thought/input would be very much appreciated!

kind regards

Jim
You could try reporting it to your local council as dangerous street furniture.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2021, 19:48   #49
jimac
cf.member

jimac is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks all.

Prior to posting today, I actually did just that! (I didn't expect a response from the Council today, let alone how things have progressed!)

Finally, some action is being taken.

I logged a report with West Northants Council...

they told me to call Balfour Beatty...

after a call and some emails back and forth to them (who I must say, were VERY helpful!), Highways were contacted and so were Virgin Media (who previously denied all knowledge of this cabinet) by Balfour Beatty on my behalf.

Within an hour, Highways "made safe" the cabinet by surrounding it with those red "roadworks" gates, VM Engineer turned up about half an hour after and has apparently logged a job to get it dug out entirely.

Fingers crossed the last part actually goes ahead sometime soon.
Either way, I'm quite happy.

Thanks for your replies!
jimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 00:39   #50
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

Probably an old MATV system Virgin may have inherited, clearly not in use anymore, and not sure how great the record keeping was for this type of system as they were probably put in before cable tv as we know it was around
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote