Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 19-01-2021, 13:52   #541
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

There is a low battery warning, but it seems fairly common for people to have not seen it before the batteries die.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-01-2021, 16:48   #542
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The Tivo and V6 also have a Partially Viewed feature.
yeah i only had the v6 box since the day it came out, the new layout automatically puts the things your have partially watched underneath the saved section when you select it, recordings, catch up etc.

edit: so i partially watched the first episode of blackadder on catch up, when i select save, it now appears automatically underneath and i can select it instantly. next to it is a recording off the chase and next to that is a partial watch of a sky cinema film I started to stream. just a thumbnail so i can get back into the streaming show or recording where i left off

have you actually used the new software?

Last edited by awesometeeth; 19-01-2021 at 16:54.
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 17:10   #543
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

The power button flashes 5 times whenever you move the remote when the box is switched off. When it is switched on all the buttons light up. I don't think it's a low battery warning.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 17:53   #544
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometeeth View Post
yeah i only had the v6 box since the day it came out, the new layout automatically puts the things your have partially watched underneath the saved section when you select it, recordings, catch up etc.

edit: so i partially watched the first episode of blackadder on catch up, when i select save, it now appears automatically underneath and i can select it instantly. next to it is a recording off the chase and next to that is a partial watch of a sky cinema film I started to stream. just a thumbnail so i can get back into the streaming show or recording where i left off

have you actually used the new software?
I appreciate the description of how it works. Thanks.

No, I have not. Merely interested in new tech and keeping familiar with something that may come my way in the future.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 18:16   #545
awesometeeth
cf.addict

awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I appreciate the description of how it works. Thanks.

No, I have not. Merely interested in new tech and keeping familiar with something that may come my way in the future.
its harder to describe as its a much simpler layout compared to the old system, thumbnails in sub sections and such and of course everyone's stuff is different per profile! so my partner has her cats from hell partial watched stuff and i have blackadder on mine.

I had totally forgotten I had started to watch the first episode on catch up as i was called away but was over the moon to find it just in a thumbnail when i loaded up the second box upstairs on my profile.
Old 19-01-2021, 18:30   #546
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
There is a low battery warning, but it seems fairly common for people to have not seen it before the batteries die.
Came up on TV to warn me
Old 19-01-2021, 19:05   #547
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

I have had 360 since Saturday and the first few days of using it I am pretty impressed.

I have my second box which has a hard drive and you can select which box to record on but the listing comes up all in one.

I do miss the wish list and could be doing with Netflix content being available on the voice search.

Start from beginning is superb on a lot of channels, and it even understands my Scottish accent.

The light up remote is great and being able to change your TV source using the remote control is great meaning I don't have to have my actual TV remote around just to change from the Fire Stick or Apple TV.

I was happy with the Tivo software on the V6 and while there are a few small aspects of that not available on 360 I have to say I am delighted with it and even my wife is impressed with the system.

Having the HD channels where the SD channel used to be is an added bonus and makes the EPG less cluttered.

For me it was defo worth the upgrade on my existing boxes.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 20:45   #548
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I have had 360 since Saturday and the first few days of using it I am pretty impressed.

I have my second box which has a hard drive and you can select which box to record on but the listing comes up all in one.

I do miss the wish list and could be doing with Netflix content being available on the voice search.

Start from beginning is superb on a lot of channels, and it even understands my Scottish accent.

The light up remote is great and being able to change your TV source using the remote control is great meaning I don't have to have my actual TV remote around just to change from the Fire Stick or Apple TV.

I was happy with the Tivo software on the V6 and while there are a few small aspects of that not available on 360 I have to say I am delighted with it and even my wife is impressed with the system.

Having the HD channels where the SD channel used to be is an added bonus and makes the EPG less cluttered.

For me it was defo worth the upgrade on my existing boxes.
Thank you, Steve. Will you let us know when they resolve those recording and bookmarking issues we’ve been talking about?

Personally, I don’t care about the wish lists and I haven’t used that facility much at all.

I do like the fact that the watch list (my shows) for all the V6s are on one list. That is very handy. I also like the idea of profiles to separate out the lists of different members of the family.
Old 20-01-2021, 00:15   #549
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Have any more apps been added? I use apps more than anything else on the V6.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2021, 21:46   #550
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
what you looking for specifically, I can check.

found something I dont like, one of the thumbnails on the bar is for a PPV event that I have zero interest in watching, so an advert basically
Old 21-01-2021, 22:04   #551
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
Still no All4 player or My5 player apps, which is really bad.
I would love to see Discovery+ added along with a full UKTV Play, CBS Catch UP and Horror Bites.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 16:51   #552
kanedx
cf.member

kanedx is on a distinguished roadkanedx is on a distinguished road

anyone had problems with amazon prime? my main box plays it fine but the mini box sometimes gets an error when trying to play a video, it can load up the app and go into a show but once you press play it loads for a bit then i get an error message telling me to go to amazon.co.uk/videohelp but doesnt have any information there
kanedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 17:19   #553
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanedx View Post
anyone had problems with amazon prime? my main box plays it fine but the mini box sometimes gets an error when trying to play a video, it can load up the app and go into a show but once you press play it loads for a bit then i get an error message telling me to go to amazon.co.uk/videohelp but doesnt have any information there
Like you we have had problems and only on the minis! Both Amazon and Netflix can be playing normally then drop out, at which point you are retuned to the Virgin Media start up logo and then back to whatever TV channel you were watching. As I said, this only happens on the two mini boxes we have (which are hard wired to the network via ethernet). It has never happened on the main box!! Hoepfully they'll sort this in an update - meantime we just use the TV's built-in apps.
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 18:14   #554
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanedx View Post
Are you using a VM-supplied HDMI lead, and it goes straight from box to TV?

Try lowering the video resolution in the minibox settings.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2021, 18:44   #555
kanedx
cf.member

kanedx is on a distinguished roadkanedx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Are you using a VM-supplied HDMI lead, and it goes straight from box to TV?

Try lowering the video resolution in the minibox settings.
im using the hdmi cable that virgin supplied, changed the resolution settings but still the same, can browse the app etc fine but the videos just show the white spinning circle then says the error, only temp fix is to do a factory reset all the time which is a pain cos it logs out of everything, all the other streaming services work fine, just prime that has an issue for me
kanedx is offline   Reply With Quote