Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 04-03-2021, 17:57   #1501
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneggsandham View Post
I've renewed from VIP to Ultimate Oomph over the phone this morning. New package kicks in from tomorrow - take it I should expect Sky UHD to be included right?
You would have thought so considering it's part of the ultimate oomph bundle, but from my understanding, as you're an existing customer I would have thought it would be £6 extra unless you negotiated that into your contract renewal.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2021, 20:46   #1502
browneggsandham
I try to help.

Services: Virgin Media VIP - 2 x V6, M350 & phone
browneggsandham is on a distinguished roadbrowneggsandham is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
You would have thought so considering it's part of the ultimate oomph bundle, but from my understanding, as you're an existing customer I would have thought it would be £6 extra unless you negotiated that into your contract renewal.
I did ask if it was included and they said yes. I assumed as a new Ultimate Oomph customer it would be included. Will check and follow up with them if not tomorrow when the change takes effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
How much do you pay a month ?
Haggled to £95 a month. Down from £118.50 previously on VIP. Faster BB and unlimited SIM for less money.
browneggsandham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 22:43   #1503
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I did ask if it was included and they said yes. I assumed as a new Ultimate Oomph customer it would be included. Will check and follow up with them if not tomorrow when the change takes effect.

I spent over 2 hours on hold on the online chat today to try for a upgrade as I wanted uhd and new 360 deal no one answered after the first lady passed me over to retentions but they spoke the lady I spoke on chat yesterday said I got a £7.50 credit valid for 18 months no contract she could have added but even yesterday she passed me over to retentions so 2 days 3 1/2 hours .. I just want a deal think ill ring tomorrow as my contract is up in May and paying £105 a month atm

Haggled to £95 a month. Down from £118.50 previously on VIP. Faster BB and unlimited SIM for less money.
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 23:57   #1504
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

Looks to me like UHD is included, but you're overpaying for it.

IIRC, UO was £79, (£85 with UHD). For new customers UO increased from £79 to £89 with UHD included.

Looks to me like they're charging you the new higher price for new customers and the £6 UHD fee on top!!

AIUI, you should be paying £85 or £89 for this package, not £95.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 00:11   #1505
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

IIRC, UO was £79, (£85 with UHD). For new customers UO increased from £79 to £89 with UHD included.

Looks to me like they're charging you the new higher price for new customers and the £6 UHD fee on top!!

They dont normally match the new customer offer price I have helped friends and family upgrade to UO over the years always gets offered at £99 every contract renewal
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:46   #1506
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:

They should be paying £139. Not £85, not £89, not £95.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:28   #1507
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Just got off the phone my contract just went up i pay £105 a month they want £110 for uhd sky movies and my v6 box upgraded to a 360 box ( with new software ) I never took the offer , if you ring virgin media you now get a message offering you a Credit mine was £4.50 a month for 18 months no contract give them a ring and accept the offer the retentions guy they can't offer you the credit that your offered on a phone call . Good luck
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:37   #1508
browneggsandham
I try to help.

browneggsandham is on a distinguished roadbrowneggsandham is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I had a figure in mind based on what I'd seen on here which was sub-£100 and they beat that so I'm okay with that.

However turns out they haven't given my Sky UHD, and phone call confirms this is only for new customers, not existing customers who upgrade to UO.

Safe to say this isn't what was agreed yesterday so complaint submitted.
Old 06-03-2021, 21:58   #1509
browneggsandham
I try to help.

Quote:
I had a figure in mind based on what I'd seen on here which was sub-£100 and they beat that so I'm okay with that.

However turns out they haven't given my Sky UHD, and phone call confirms this is only for new customers, not existing customers who upgrade to UO.

Safe to say this isn't what was agreed yesterday so complaint submitted.
They've now honoured it with minimal fuss which was a pleasant surprise.
Old 06-03-2021, 22:43   #1510
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
They dont normally match the new customer offer price I have helped friends and family upgrade to UO over the years always gets offered at £99 every contract renewal
By new customer do they mean new to VM or new to UO? If the latter, when it started, people were able to join at the discounted rate IIRC of £99 instead of £139.

When I enquired about it I was told that when the £99 contract ended, it wouldn't go up to the non discounted price and that deals would be available.

Maybe it's different for browneggsnham as VIP might be considered an old version of UO??

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 06-03-2021 at 22:46.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 01:23   #1511
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
By new customer do they mean new to VM or new to UO? If the latter, when it started, people were able to join at the discounted rate IIRC of £99 instead of £139.

When I enquired about it I was told that when the £99 contract ended, it wouldn't go up to the non discounted price and that deals would be available.

Maybe it's different for browneggsnham as VIP might be considered an old version of UO??
My brother upgraded from VIP to UO today @ £105, crazy how people get so offered so different prices. He has not got UHD in the package.

I have recontracted family and friends UO package too £99 pounds the past year.

I have a extra box was paying £106.50, then last year best they would do was £117.50.

The this year due to the march price rise I got it down to £115 two days before UHD otherwise I would of demanded more. I have put a complaint in but don't expect them to do anything. Once Sky Sports UHD comes I will phone and moan I never watch Sky Cinema rather put blu-ray in for better sound and HDR
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 18:25   #1512
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Virgin TV Ultra HD channel highlights for March 2021
https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...tra-hd-channel

Deadly Class - Season 1
(previously on STARZPLAY)

Mr. Mercedes - Season 3
(previously on STARZPLAY)

The Night Shift - Season 2
(previously on Sony Channel)

Ed Stafford: First Man Out
(previously on Discovery Channel)

Battle Of Little Bighorn
(previously on Smithsonian Channel)

New Kids In The Wild
(previously on Love Nature)

Kingdom Of The Tide
(previously on Sky Nature)
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 18:45   #1513
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
My brother upgraded from VIP to UO today @ £105, crazy how people get so offered so different prices. He has not got UHD in the package.

I have recontracted family and friends UO package too £99 pounds the past year.

I have a extra box was paying £106.50, then last year best they would do was £117.50.

The this year due to the march price rise I got it down to £115 two days before UHD otherwise I would of demanded more. I have put a complaint in but don't expect them to do anything. Once Sky Sports UHD comes I will phone and moan I never watch Sky Cinema rather put blu-ray in for better sound and HDR
Where's the guy whose retort would be that it's legal and folk should just be happy about this kind of varying degrees of service seemingly offered at random to the customer base? He's gone quiet of late.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 23:03   #1514
Huxie
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Volt
Huxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
He's gone quiet of late.
Any chance you could take a leaf out of his book?
Huxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:30   #1515
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxie View Post
Any chance you could take a leaf out of his book?

Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote