Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you reading?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What are you reading?

Old 14-02-2021, 15:00   #1216
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: What are you reading?

Just read -

A Pale Light in the Black - KB Wagers
Okinawa - FX Holden
Kobachi - FX Holden
Into the Light - David Weber & Chris Kennedy
The Year’s Best Science Fiction Vol. 1 - edited by Jonathan Strahan
The Last Human - Zack Jordan
The Indranan War trilogy - KB Wagers
Acadie - Dave Hutchinson

Reading now -
Escape Velocity - Jonathan Paul Isaacs
Orbital FX Holden
A Promised Land - Barack Obama
Jews Don’t Count - David Baddiel
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2021, 16:33   #1217
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

A Second Chance - Jodi Taylor
One of the Chronicle of St Mary's series.

Just finished Book 5 in the Song of Shattered Sands series by Bradley Beaulieu - Have to wait for book 6 until July.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2021, 16:50   #1218
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
A Second Chance - Jodi Taylor
One of the Chronicle of St Mary's series.

Just finished Book 5 in the Song of Shattered Sands series by Bradley Beaulieu - Have to wait for book 6 until July.
I have 2 of her books in my tbr* pile - Doing Time & Hard Time (Time Patrol series - I think it’s a spin-off of the Chronicles series)..

I haven’t read any of her books before, so if I enjoy those two, I’ll move on to the Chronicles of St Mary’s series.

*tbr - to be read
Old 14-02-2021, 18:04   #1219
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I have just shy of 800 books in my home, yes I did say 800.

I'm waiting to read all 9 books in The Expanse series, I will start to read them next year when series 6 of the Amazon Prime series finishes.

I might start to read all 6 books in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy.
Old 15-02-2021, 15:01   #1220
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

I might start to read all 6 books in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy.
I remember when it was a trilogy in four parts.
Old 15-02-2021, 16:08   #1221
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I have 2 of her books in my tbr* pile - Doing Time & Hard Time (Time Patrol series - I think it’s a spin-off of the Chronicles series)..

I haven’t read any of her books before, so if I enjoy those two, I’ll move on to the Chronicles of St Mary’s series.

*tbr - to be read
Watch out for the nods to other writers.
Old 26-02-2021, 13:34   #1222
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished Swan Song, just started The Fireman.

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
I remember when it was a trilogy in four parts.
I'm slowly working my way through all ten parts of the Brentford Trilogy.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 13:35   #1223
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

2 Chronicles at the moment - reading through The Bible in 90 days, something I do each year from January. (It works out at about 12 pages a day.)
Old 26-02-2021, 17:01   #1224
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of

The Nostalgia Nerd's Retro Tech that I got for my birthday, info about lots of retro computers & games consoles
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 20:11   #1225
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Just been sent an ARC* (Advance Readers Copy) of "Project Hail Mary" by Andy Weir (who wrote "The Martian").

Also got "Day Zero" by C. Robert Cargill (both were electronic versions).

That’s my next couple of evenings taken care of…

*From Netgalley
Old 08-05-2021, 12:27   #1226
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Just reading Smells Like Finn Spirit by Randy Henderson. Sort of Artemis Foul as a Necromancer into retro gaming.
Old 08-05-2021, 14:19   #1227
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Rereading Terry Pratchett mainly because he helps to make sense of the ridiculous world that I currently reside in.
Old 08-05-2021, 14:37   #1228
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
2 Chronicles at the moment - reading through The Bible in 90 days, something I do each year from January. (It works out at about 12 pages a day.)
As a congregation we study the bible and then get together and discuss what we have read and when we get through it we start again we are currently in Numbers. We are also studying a book dedicated to Ezekiel’s prophesies. We spent almost 3 years studying and then discussing as a group a book on Jesus Ministry from his baptism to resurrection and ascension
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:34   #1229
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

How about John Piper's series on Romans that took so long people would talk about when they joined the church in relation to where in Romans the series was?

I am slowly looking at Ephesians using a new study Bible. Daily devotions are working through 1 John.

Outside the best selling book of all time I'm reading Tozer. I really liked "I Talk Back To The Devil".
Old 10-05-2021, 12:45   #1230
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I'm reading about antigravity.

I can't put it down.