Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Solo: A Star Wars Story

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Old 05-05-2018, 20:09   #91
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
Surely you should be hoping that you're wrong?
sure am, I would love nothing more than for it to be a great movie, especially after the disappointment of The Last Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
part of me thinks you'll see it in secret, and not tell us that you enjoyed it
I am more than happy to admit when I am wrong and I always like to give credit where it is due (likewise for criticism when something is obviously bad and shouldn't have happened).

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
its going to take a fair wrack at the box office IMO.
we can play a little game like we did for Infinity War. I don't think it is going to do anything special during the opening weekend and first week and I reckon it will gross around $700 million. I'll cry if it goes over $1bn and/or beats Rogue One.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2018, 20:16   #92
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

How is $700 million in the first week nothing special? That's a huge amount.
Old 05-05-2018, 20:23   #93
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I meant $700 million total like Ready Player One has done just over $500 million
Old 05-05-2018, 21:50   #94
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

The thing is, it's Star Wars, so ppl like me go and see it no matter what.

Look at Justice League, and Superman Vs Batman, both did well at the box office, but both were disappointments to most ppl, but like Solo, the name sells, there's a lot of Star Wars fans that will go see it opening weekend, regardless of what critics, friends etc say and if it's good will see it again.

Last Jedi took more than Rogue One
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 00:21   #95
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

http://www.slashfilm.com/solo-sequels/

Quote:
Ron Howard has confirmed something you probably could’ve guessed for yourself: if Solo: A Star Wars Story breaks the bank at the box office, get ready for some Solo sequels. Star Alden Ehrenreich previously confirmed he signed for multiple Star Wars films when he took the lead in Solo.
Quote:
A sequel to Solo, however, might work. The film is set a full decade before the events of Star Wars: A New Hope, which means there’s still room for further adventures of young Han Solo. Young Han Solo himself, Alden Ehrenreich, recently confirmed as much. The actor confirmed that he signed for a total of three films, which means he’s contracted to do at least two more movies set in the Star Wars universe. Of course, it’s worth noting that Rogue One actress Felicity Jones said she had signed a contract to appear in a Rogue One sequel as well, and yet that will probably never happen.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:50   #96
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
How is $700 million in the first week nothing special? That's a huge amount.
Mega blockbuster territory l would call it..
Old 07-05-2018, 19:08   #97
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Mega blockbuster territory l would call it..
yeah, another trilogy of films and another $4bn

Old 08-05-2018, 14:27   #98
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Lots of people certainly want to see the film
http://www.slashfilm.com/solo-a-star...-ticket-sales/
Quote:
Solo: A Star Wars Story tickets went on sale just in time for Star Wars Day on May 4th, and within the first 24 hours, the smuggler’s origin story doubled the ticket presales of Black Panther. The Star Wars spin-off sold enough tickets to have the second-best first day of presales in 2018.
Old 11-05-2018, 15:27   #99
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

http://www.slashfilm.com/solo-early-buzz/
Quote:
The first reactions are almost entirely positive, with critics calling special attention to the film’s “ground level” crime setting and Donald Glover’s show-stealing turn as Lando Calrissian. Some note that the film takes about 30 minutes to really get going and it takes a little while to accept a new actor as Han Solo, but the parts eventually click into place
Sounds promising so far.
Old 11-05-2018, 16:17   #100
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

And l thought the original Lando Calrissian was very good so that does look very promising indeed...
Old 17-05-2018, 13:08   #101
General Maximus
Ran Away

I have just had a bit of a chuckle. I have been looking at the advanced bookings page for my Odeon seeing if there is anything new I can book advanced . As I have mentioned previously Solo is on in 5 screens at midnight next week. I have just had a look at the seating plans for all the screens and there are only ~10 seats booked in each screen. I think they have shot themselves in the foot with this one because with the other Star Wars movies and especially TLJ it was sold out long before now.
Old 17-05-2018, 17:46   #102
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

The timing of the release is a bit poor in the UK as well.

Its the day before may people will be going away for a weeks holiday (Me included) so I wont be seeing it until June.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 20:57   #103
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Well my local cine world has so far 135 seats booked in 2D, Superscreen has 67 seats booked, 4DX has 12 booked, 45 3D seats booked, 22 VIP 2D seats booked and 1 VIP 3D seat booked for all midnight showings.

I expect this to increase in next few days.

So far reviews all sound like it's generally good and a lot of fun, with the first act being rather poor.
Old 22-05-2018, 12:44   #104
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

"It's a speed trap"

https://twitter.com/TheWookieeRoars/...28315777859585

admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 14:37   #105
General Maximus
Ran Away

That's great, i love stuff like this