Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SIM with the OOMPH bundle

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

SIM with the OOMPH bundle

Old 04-06-2020, 19:32   #1
Jacquesb
cf.addict

Services: VM phone , 2xV6 (Full house XL), ViViD200 Optical fibre BB. Stream - Netflix, iPlayer,
Jacquesb is an unknown quantity at this point
SIM with the OOMPH bundle

When I renewed my TV/BB package last August, I went onto a £99 pcm deal with 2 x V6 boxes, all the Sports' channels etc etc and was also offered a Virgin Mobile SIM card on the OOMPH "tariff" - basically unlimited calls, texts and unlimited data. My wife's contract with O2 was about to finish, so she now has Virgin mobile on this deal - it's fine, but I guess will be up for renewal in August this year.

Can anyone advise what my options might be ?

I was tempted to switch from O2 myself and perhaps upgrade to a newer iPhone but I was put off by the cost, which is rather excessive and over 3 years. Any advice on this would be welcome - thanks.
Old 04-06-2020, 19:38   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: SIM with the OOMPH bundle

The Oomph bundles come with one inclusive SIM, so if you've already got that in use, then your options would be whatever standard options are available at the time if you get everything directly from Virgin Media.

If the three year thing is a sticking point you can get a iPhone direct from Apple over a 2 year paid option if that would be better, and then just get a SIM plan
Old 25-07-2020, 16:30   #3
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

I've just upgraded to the Ultimate Oomph bundle. The TV, broadband and (presumably) the telephone have been upgraded overnight but I checked with the Virgin Media app on my mobile and according to that I am still on my previous plan. Should I expect a new SIM in the post or will my current SIM be upgraded remotely? I will be keeping my existing mobile number.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2020, 21:36   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It depends. Ideally you should get your existing SIM upgraded if it's a better plan than the one you have.

However depending on your contract you may get a new SIM is sent instead.

It's why this thread on the Community Forum exists https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...er/m-p/4321882
Old 26-07-2020, 06:54   #5
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the link, Ben. I have been in contact with Virgin Media and have completed all the formalities. I have been promised a call back - several times - but they never do.
Old 27-07-2020, 14:58   #6
heavyside
cf.geek

Thanks, Ben. New SIM sorted through the Comunity Forum. Arriving 3 - 5 days.