Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 24-11-2017, 14:11   #2536
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Do you have a proper source for this?
Still waiting for the source.

On an entirely separate subject, Facebook will now show users which Russian propaganda they followed. A bit late but an overdue initiative.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-they-followed
Advertisement
Old 24-11-2017, 14:32   #2537
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Still waiting for the source.

On an entirely separate subject, Facebook will now show users which Russian propaganda they followed. A bit late but an overdue initiative.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-they-followed
Then you can keep on waiting. I don’t take kindly to demands. I’m still waiting for answers to my questions from months back from certain posters.
Old 24-11-2017, 18:03   #2538
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Then you can keep on waiting. I don’t take kindly to demands. I’m still waiting for answers to my questions from months back from certain posters.
In an era of fake news, if anyone posts unsubstantiated statements on a forum, I would fully expect them to be challenged to support those statements.
Old 24-11-2017, 20:13   #2539
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
In an era of fake news, if anyone posts unsubstantiated statements on a forum, I would fully expect them to be challenged to support those statements.
I don't care what you fully expect.

I know the information to be a fact, if you have trouble believing it, then you look for the sources.
Old 24-11-2017, 20:15   #2540
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Unless I am missing something the Maryland Judge was appointed by Obama:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...el-ban-attempt

Quote:
A federal judge in Maryland has blocked parts of President Trump's most recent attempt to impose broad limits on who can enter the U.S., granting a motion for a preliminary injunction that was filed by plaintiffs led by the International Refugee Assistance Project.

The plaintiffs "have established that they are likely to succeed on the merits," District Judge Theodore D. Chuang wrote in the Tuesday order dealing another setback to the Trump administration's attempt to ban travel to the U.S. by citizens of certain countries.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_D._Chuang

But I don't like the idea of turning the justice system into a Democrat vs Republican thing. This is why judges have tenure and lifetime appointments, to be free of political pressure, and it works. There needs to be a system that both sides agree on otherwise the whole thing falls down.
Old 24-11-2017, 20:30   #2541
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

But I don't like the idea of turning the justice system into a Democrat vs Republican thing. This is why judges have tenure and lifetime appointments, to be free of political pressure, and it works. There needs to be a system that both sides agree on otherwise the whole thing falls down.
It's never going to go away, GOP vs DNC. The two party system in America is broken.

As much as they worship the Constitution, it is in large parts, outdated.

To put things in to perspective, the last amendment, Amendment 27, took 202 years to be ratified, after it was first proposed back in 1789!!!

Amendment 27 was finally ratified to the Constitution in 1992, 25 years ago.
Old 24-11-2017, 20:31   #2542
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I don't care what you fully expect.

I know the information to be a fact, if you have trouble believing it, then you look for the sources.
You may well be right with your statement but until you cite a reliable source then it just looks like more unsubstantiated opinion and less like the reliable fact-based arguments you were once known for.
Old 24-11-2017, 20:43   #2543
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
You may well be right with your statement but until you cite a reliable source then it just looks like more unsubstantiated opinion and less like the reliable fact-based arguments you were once known for.
What is the obsession with you wanting to prove my posts are correct or not?

Damien just highlighted that Hugh was wrong on who appointed the Maryland Judge, it was Obama, not Bush, but I did not see you chasing Hugh's posts and confirming his sources were correct or not.

As I said earlier, I do not take too kindly to people who have a demanding attitude, such as they 'expect' or are 'waiting', on something from me. They will be waiting for hell to freeze over, with this kind of attitude because I will simply just ignore it.
Old 24-11-2017, 21:02   #2544
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
As I said earlier, I do not take too kindly to people who have a demanding attitude, such as they 'expect' or are 'waiting', on something from me. They will be waiting for hell to freeze over, with this kind of attitude because I will simply just ignore it.
You've got a lot in common with the Donald Mick !
Old 24-11-2017, 21:19   #2545
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
What is the obsession with you wanting to prove my posts are correct or not?

Damien just highlighted that Hugh was wrong on who appointed the Maryland Judge, it was Obama, not Bush, but I did not see you chasing Hugh's posts and confirming his sources were correct or not.

Call me old-fashioned but it's pretty accepted for anyone who makes a controversial statement to back it up with evidence. Damien and Hugh do cite sources but for some reason you seem to feel that's no longer necessary.
Old 24-11-2017, 21:39   #2546
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Call me old-fashioned but it's pretty accepted for anyone who makes a controversial statement to back it up with evidence. Damien and Hugh do cite sources but for some reason you seem to feel that's no longer necessary.
I have not made a controversial statement.

---------- Post added at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
You've got a lot in common with the Donald Mick !
Old 24-11-2017, 21:51   #2547
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Cased proved I think.
Old 24-11-2017, 22:44   #2548
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Cased proved I think.
Exactly. Some people seem to think that they're above facts and evidence, they're just needed for the likes of you and me to keep us in our place.

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Quote:
I have not made a controversial statement.
How about this unsourced one. "It is crucial to note that in Phoenix, when Sanctuary city funding ceased, was one of a few factors in the murder rate dropping."
Old 24-11-2017, 23:16   #2549
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

How about this unsourced one. "It is crucial to note that in Phoenix, when Sanctuary city funding ceased, was one of a few factors in the murder rate dropping."
That's not a controversial fact. If you still do not believe it, go search for it, the time it has taken you to keep pestering me to do so, you could have done a google search by now.

I will not say this again. I suggest you do a search on it, because I am not because I believe it to be accurate.
Old 24-11-2017, 23:44   #2550
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

This is the President of the United States: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...89999045693441

Quote:
Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!
Closed Thread