Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 15:25   #3571
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
From 1/12/17 STV AD (North) and STV AD (East) has been testing on satellite, isn't there only one test on VM?
Yes, but if the STV AD (North) service testing on Sky is the Aberdeen version, it should be remembered that VM doesn't have a service in that area.

Is AD even available for regional content? "The newsreader is shuffling through her documents" doesn't seem like something that would be useful.

Last edited by jj20x; 09-12-2017 at 15:30.

Advertisement
Old 09-12-2017, 18:02   #3572
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

That probably explains why VM are only testing the one service then.

I guess that AD will be available for regional content if the two versions are testing on satellite.
Old 09-12-2017, 18:38   #3573
jj20x

Quote:
That probably explains why VM are only testing the one service then.

I guess that AD will be available for regional content if the two versions are testing on satellite.
From what I've seen in the general listings, AD is pretty much restricted to drama and films on the ITV network so sub regional variations probably won't be useful.

Old 09-12-2017, 22:46   #3574
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

That's disappointing to learn, I had assumed that in this day and age everything would have AD for those with sight impairments
Old 09-12-2017, 23:50   #3575
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
That's disappointing to learn, I had assumed that in this day and age everything would have AD for those with sight impairments
Something i'd like to see is a option 24/7 for sign langue/ audio description etc.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:38   #3576
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Even the most popular channels are only required to provide AD on 10% of programming, though most of them do much better than that:
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/asse...6-17.5-NEW.pdf
Old 10-12-2017, 15:44   #3577
jj20x

Quote:
But it is a supplementary audio stream, it just won't work with many programmes, it would clash with the main audio. Also, unlike some other countries which totally replace the audio with a comprehensive AD feed, it doesn't make it easy to use AD for sports commentary for the blind. That doesn't mean that alternative audio streams can't be used to provide that function, they can, but they wouldn't be AD streams to the UK spec.

It's an awkward format.

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Something i'd like to see is a option 24/7 for sign langue/ audio description etc.
There was a lot of chatter about developing a sign language overlay several years ago but it doesn't seem to have got past the discussion stage.

Old 11-12-2017, 00:10   #3578
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Well Spiderplant basically called me a troll i don't know if you can see it but here's proof he isn't as innocent as one thinks he is.

But i must apologise to both the members on here and the mods as i should of handled it better by putting him on ignore which i have done, this isn't the first time Spiderplant has attacked me and Virgin media are now aware of his behaviour.
Although they probably won't know who he is by just a username but by making them aware hopefully he'll think twice before attacking another member.
I do sympathise with VM staff as you do get some trolls but a lot of info i have posted has been correct also a lot has been wrong too i only pass on info i get given so if i'm trolling then MB must be too.
The other VM staff on here i find have always been great.
Also i did say that i personally don't think it will be £7.50p/m rise and will probably only be around £3.50p/m on average so surely i was giving vm a bit of credit there, if i was trolling i would of milked the £7.50p/m wouldn't i?
Also i will apologise to SP for calling him a disgrace, the comment was in anger but i stand by everything else that i said and you was bang out of order.

Next time contact a moderator. What you have effectively done is discuss reputation points in public which is against the site's T&Cs.
Old 11-12-2017, 13:33   #3579
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post

Next time contact a moderator. What you have effectively done is discuss reputation points in public which is against the site's T&Cs.
Again i apologise, i should of handled it better than i did.
Old 11-12-2017, 15:00   #3580
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sky sources has given us an new DNP order until Tuesday.

We know what is set to happen but we have been ban from reveal it.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 11-12-2017, 15:52   #3581
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sky sources has given us an new DNP order until Tuesday.

We know what is set to happen but we have been ban from reveal it.
Wouldn't bother posting anything mate until you get the DNP listed.
Old 11-12-2017, 16:09   #3582
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Virgin Media Acquires TNT’s Young Shakespeare Drama ‘Will’

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2017/12/virg...re-drama-will/
Old 11-12-2017, 19:54   #3583
jj20x

That's TV to takeover Bay TV Swansea.

Another one bites the dust...

http://llanellionline.news/2017/12/0...akeover-baytv/

Old 11-12-2017, 20:24   #3584
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
That's TV to takeover Bay TV Swansea.

Another one bites the dust...

http://llanellionline.news/2017/12/0...akeover-baytv/
Media Boy Blog says Channel is on Virgin Media in the local area.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Sky sources has reveal that Sky are revamping their basic packages soon.

HD Sports will be for £6/month.

Is Sky Sports HD £7/month right now on Virgin Media?

Full list of Sky Prices will be out anytime after midnight tonight.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 11-12-2017, 20:34   #3585
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy Blog says Channel is on Virgin Media in the local area.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Sky sources has reveal that Sky are revamping their basic packages soon.

HD Sports will be for £6/month.

Is Sky Sports HD £7/month right now on Virgin Media?

Full list of Sky Prices will be out anytime after midnight tonight.
Yes it is MB.