Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2013, 16:56   #1456
thegrid
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Big Kahuna with Sky Sports HD & Movies HD. 1TB TiVo, 2 X V+HD, 200MB Vivid Broadband
thegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Afternoon all, I've heard the good news. I wasn't far off. I though it would be around the 17th. Have all the cynics gone into hiding?

---------- Post added at 16:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Sorry sky guys,so just to confirm all bt sports collection is free to xl customers and in hd and with multiroom you are also available to stream on iPad and PC thru TV anywhere.
Whilst sky pay £12 for sd and £15 for hd no multiroom and not available on sky go
And of course a activation charge
Oh dear

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

We stuck in there and it paid off.. For us.
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2013, 16:56   #1457
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era

The picture quality is ace on BT Sport HD
Old 15-08-2013, 16:57   #1458
thegrid
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Big Kahuna with Sky Sports HD & Movies HD. 1TB TiVo, 2 X V+HD, 200MB Vivid Broadband
thegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Brilliant post Howard, after all the crap we got from the Sky boys!! Happy days indeed, and a great big THANK YOU to Virgin Media, well done indeed.....
Yeah. More games for us blue noses.
Old 15-08-2013, 17:03   #1459
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Seems Virgin have known for a while, Brand Republic has released their new advert for BT Sport featuring Peter Crouch!

If Virgin get Atlantic, Sky and Virgin are pretty much equal and it will literally rely on whether Virgin is available/being able to have a Sat dish
Old 15-08-2013, 17:04   #1460
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

So, free in xl, only platform to offer multi room options, and it's on TV Anywhere but not Sky Go. I don't think anyone can argue that Virgin have done well here. When you consider that Bt can't offer Sky Sports on their youview box, and it lags behind talk talk in terms of channels, I think this deal has effectively killed off Bt as a triple play provider.

I think Virgin have essentially said, having now made deals with each of the the junior Premier League broadcasters, that there will always be this type of offering on Virgin Media. I think this weakens their negotiating hand for three years time, and I almost wondered if now was the right time to stop doing it. It'll be expected now in three years time.

But that's for then. For now this is a good deal for Virgin customers.

When's the price rise due?
Old 15-08-2013, 17:06   #1461
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

cheers all for the information!
Old 15-08-2013, 17:12   #1462
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

As a rat sitting on the funnel of a sinking ship I never start swimming for my life until my backside gets wet. Well done virgin I had no intention of moving. Now all I want is SA and my BBC1 HD Dolby signal back.
Old 15-08-2013, 17:17   #1463
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Didn't realise it wasn't available on SkyGo, are VM in the ascendancy now?
Is this BT payback for not having Sky Sports on YouView?

I need to phone up and try and blag a Tivo box for nothing, although it isn't a pressing need until they sort an Android app out, anyone know if that's coming any quicker than 'soon'?
Old 15-08-2013, 17:21   #1464
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

It's not on Sky Go cause Sky don't retail the channels, those who have it on Sky have a log in for the Official BT Sport App
Old 15-08-2013, 17:22   #1465
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold

Virgin Media will pay around £75m a year for three years to carry BT Sport, it is understood.

How does that compare to the old ESPN deal?
Anyone care to calculate how much that works out per customer?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...gin-Media.html
Old 15-08-2013, 17:22   #1466
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Didn't realise it wasn't available on SkyGo, are VM in the ascendancy now?
Is this BT payback for not having Sky Sports on YouView?

I need to phone up and try and blag a Tivo box for nothing, although it isn't a pressing need until they sort an Android app out, anyone know if that's coming any quicker than 'soon'?
It's not on Sky Go because technically it's not on Sky, but provided directly by Bt who also have their own streaming app. In my opinion, Virgin is the best platform for Bt Sport.

And yes, they need to pull their finger out and get the android app released.
Old 15-08-2013, 17:22   #1467
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
It's not on Sky Go cause Sky don't retail the channels, those who have it on Sky have a log in for the Official BT Sport App
Yes, it is called..the BT sport app.
Old 15-08-2013, 17:23   #1468
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Pleased that people are pleased at getting BT Sport, but the gloating is going a bit overboard, IMHO.

People may feel they are repaying 'in kind', but, again IMHO, mirroring inappropriate behaviours reflect in a sub-optimal manner on those posting....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 15-08-2013, 17:25   #1469
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Pleased that people are pleased at getting BT Sport, but the gloating is going a bit overboard, IMHO.

People may feel they are repaying 'in kind', but, again IMHO, mirroring inappropriate behaviours reflect in a sub-optimal manner on those posting....
What gloating before?

it was more self-flagellation by Virgins

Ohh i get it...morons mimicking themselves..yes..true
Old 15-08-2013, 17:26   #1470
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
Virgin Media will pay around £75m a year for three years to carry BT Sport, it is understood.

How does that compare to the old ESPN deal?
Anyone care to calculate how much that works out per customer?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...gin-Media.html
So for all those complaining that Virgin no longer has any of its own content, for £75m they are able to provide their customers with exactly what Bt can, except they paid 10 times that amount to do so. Who's the fool?