Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2013, 19:26   #1516
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
I get it as £1.04

75,000,000 / 36 / 2,000,000 = £1.04.
No it's £75m per year not in total, i.e. £225m for the 3 years.

at £3 per XL customer assuming 2m customers that's £72m per year, so top up with extra sub from some customers on M it does sound about right.

BT paid £736m for PL rights and £125m for rugby and untold for other rights ESPN and untold for studio and production team. I guess not much change from £1 Billion. So VM in effect covering 20-25% of BT costs plus BT get extra sponsor and ad money.
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2013, 19:37   #1517
MutleyF
Inactive

Services: 1TB Tivo, "Big Kahuna"
MutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant futureMutleyF has a brilliant future

Well, eating humble pie time.
I said I am not bothered watching it, but curiosity has got me, and the picture quality on BT2 HD is excellent.
Old 15-08-2013, 19:41   #1518
locutus1974
cf.member

Services: virginmedia TV XL,1 tb tivo, v box in another room, Phone Large, BB large (30) pay as u go mobil
locutus1974 is on a distinguished roadlocutus1974 is on a distinguished road

well im a happy bunny. Called CS last week saying unhappy about the BT sports thing and asked for retentions. Got a £4 a month reduction on bill and free upgrade on tivo box to a 1tb box and told to please be patiant. Guy said he couldnt give details as he wasnt "In the know per say but personally he couldnt see virgin letting this slip thru their fingers"

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...broadband-scam

as for the money side maybe some accounts juggling on BTs part is happening?
Old 15-08-2013, 19:50   #1519
eljay
Inactive

Services: Sky Q 2TB & 1 Mini Box, Box Sets, Sky Broadband Max and Sky Talk Anytime
eljay is a jewel in the rougheljay is a jewel in the rougheljay is a jewel in the rougheljay is a jewel in the rougheljay is a jewel in the rough
Wink Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huxleypiguk View Post
So. Now what are we going to moan about? :-)
next moan we be from all those who don't watch sport on the telly (like me) when the next price rise comes along. You know it will happen even if we get all the missing HD programs and SA, its the nature of this forum.

Look forward to my turn to have a gripe!
Old 15-08-2013, 20:00   #1520
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era

Don't worry pal, they will have given us Atlantic by then!. Hopefully.
Old 15-08-2013, 20:26   #1521
piquet41
Inactive

Location: Bournemouth (where the sun never stops shining - lol)
Services: VM. VIP pack 152meg BB, TiVo & V+HD box on XL tv pack with Sky Sports BT Sports & Movies HD. XL Phon
piquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about them

We've had a right result today with regard to BT Sports. Do we think that wanting the "other" channels is going to happen when at the same time Sky are being slagged off?

I know a lot of this is banter, however, reading some of the posts since this announcement........ well, I'm still hoping for more additions.

I'm also aware that deals are not based on what is said on threads like this lol

Keep up the great work VM.
Old 15-08-2013, 20:34   #1522
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrid View Post
Afternoon all, I've heard the good news. I wasn't far off. I though it would be around the 17th. Have all the cynics gone into hiding?
Nope im here

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I seem to remember it was the Virgin "customers" running their mouths.

and now doing it again.

Consistent
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Totally agree with you there Howard, there was plenty of gloating from some Sky boys on here on 1st of August, albeit mostly banter, what goes around comes around, as they say...
Yep its all friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Most of it is light hearted banter which in my mind is non offensive to the vast majority.
Of course it is my friend
Old 15-08-2013, 20:47   #1523
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
Great news today!
Now we want: Sky Atlantic SD/HD, Sky sports 3/4/F1 HD, Sky News HD, Sky Sports News HD, Universal HD and the missing Viacom channels...
What about Nat Geo Wild
Old 15-08-2013, 20:58   #1524
Mr Banana

They must have been sure a deal would be done, as you can't possibly put an advert together this fast!
http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/08/...edia-adding-bt

Old 15-08-2013, 21:02   #1525
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

I would love to have been an fly on the wall at Sky HQ today!!!
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 15-08-2013, 21:04   #1526
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
They must have been sure a deal would be done, as you can't possibly put an advert together this fast!
http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/08/...edia-adding-bt
Been on the cards at least sice last Friday and there is defitnetly more to come looks like this liberty global buying vm is gonna be a good result for us customer
Old 15-08-2013, 21:13   #1527
harry_hitch

harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

I agree that the comments have generally been in good spirits. However, Colin25 and Nstokes have had their fair share of good spirited, banter filled posts in the past few weeks. I personally don't think anyone has gone too far either way though:-)
I am just happy for all the customers who wanted BT Sports on VM and have got it hassle free, on the TV anywhere app and in various rooms, unlike said previous posters;-)
Despite not caring before getting BT sports, I am happily watching the t20 on BT Sport 2HD. If we lost it tomorrow though, I doubt I would miss it too much - just the rugby really.
With regards to prices, all business put up prices regularly. I work in food retail and many prices rise drastically very often and frequently (certainly more than 3 times a year, like VM last year). Customers rarely moan in this instance because they understand electricity, gas, water ingredients etc all go up as well. For some reason it is wrong for VM to do it. VM's prices will go up too, but it does not mean it is just because of BT sports arriving.
If howard is right, (it firstly makes a previous post of mine regarding Sky Atlantic redundant) it is more likely any increases will be due to the possible and/or probable arrival of Sky Atlantic onto the platform.
Bomber, I can see sky and VM destroying Netflix etc, by giving the option of paying for only the channels/programmes you want to watch, when you want to watch them. I.E. you could pay Sky £10 a month just to watch various new shows on Atlantic and then watch FTA channels for the rest of the week!
Old 15-08-2013, 21:13   #1528
matt_home1
Inactive

Services: XL TV L Broadband Phone
matt_home1 is on a distinguished roadmatt_home1 is on a distinguished road

surely it wasnt a secret to sky that a deal was struck, the timing must have been, so sky could sign up people
Old 15-08-2013, 21:14   #1529
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
This is a great deal and something that would never have happened under the old guard before the takeover.
If you mean by 'takeover' you mean Liberty, I expect it would have.
Old 15-08-2013, 21:16   #1530
harry_hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I would love to have been an fly on the wall at Sky HQ today!!!
Oh yes, but would have better to see the Murdochs faces as they were told
Closed Thread