Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free wifi dongle for Sky Box for movies and HD customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Free wifi dongle for Sky Box for movies and HD customers

Old 02-06-2013, 12:08   #1
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Free wifi dongle for Sky Box for movies and HD customers

See link. Seems Sky Movies and HD customers can get a free wifi adaptor for Sky Box.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...64&postcount=1
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2013, 12:13   #2
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
re: Free wifi dongle for Sky Box for movies and HD customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
See link. Seems Sky Movies and HD customers can get a free wifi adaptor for Sky Box.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...64&postcount=1
Yes it's to promote and increase the use of On Demand I believe.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:24   #3
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
People on DS says free for them but shows i need to pay sadly
Old 02-06-2013, 15:00   #4
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Free wifi dongle for Sky Box for movies and HD customers

Well it came up as free for me so cheers
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 16:24   #5
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
People on DS says free for them but shows i need to pay sadly
It is free, but when you first try to buy it it comes up at £21ish..But scroll down the page it says free for existing movie customers

Sing into MySky go to this link, scroll down about a third of the page and there is a banner offering free adapter to existing movie subscribers. If you have movies when you click to buy through that link the price is £00.00. I've done it and I also bought 2 of them when they were reduced to £9.99 a few months back.

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/wireless-connector/
Old 02-06-2013, 16:39   #6
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogof View Post
It is free, but when you first try to buy it it comes up at £21ish..But scroll down the page it says free for existing movie customers

Sing into MySky go to this link, scroll down about a third of the page and there is a banner offering free adapter to existing movie subscribers. If you have movies when you click to buy through that link the price is £00.00. I've done it and I also bought 2 of them when they were reduced to £9.99 a few months back.

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/wireless-connector/
Thanks for that i have found it now and shows as £0.00 and order has been placed
Old 03-06-2013, 08:30   #7
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I also managed to order this and got it totally free , nice to keep as a backup as all my boxes are currently wired.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:42   #8
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I also managed to order this and got it totally free , nice to keep as a backup as all my boxes are currently wired.
I agree, always best to have a backup. Mine has now been shipped according to order tracker
Old 05-06-2013, 00:23   #9
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Decided to order one myself.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 17:21   #10
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

I just received one of these free thanks to the link.

what sorts of speedsd are people getting for downloading stuff?

An SD program i tried started virtually instantly.

tried a 30 minHD program and it and it literally took over an hour.

Its connected to the Superhub 1 - is this the bottle neck?

I can only get around 20 Mbit on a laptop positoned right next to it, the sky dongle is downstairs.

As opposed to full 60 Mbit from the main PC.
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 17:51   #11
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
I just received one of these free thanks to the link.

what sorts of speedsd are people getting for downloading stuff?

An SD program i tried started virtually instantly.

tried a 30 minHD program and it and it literally took over an hour.

Its connected to the Superhub 1 - is this the bottle neck?

I can only get around 20 Mbit on a laptop positoned right next to it, the sky dongle is downstairs.

As opposed to full 60 Mbit from the main PC.
My main Sky+HD box is wired via Ethernet to my router and my line speed is 9mb , HD content is usually available in 5-15 seconds , I would suggest the wifi is slowing it down somehow.
Old 10-06-2013, 18:03   #12
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
My main Sky+HD box is wired via Ethernet to my router and my line speed is 9mb , HD content is usually available in 5-15 seconds , I would suggest the wifi is slowing it down somehow.
Yes it must be.

30 min HD program 1.31 GB took 3 hours to fullly download.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:26   #13
greeninferno
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
Yes it must be.

30 min HD program 1.31 GB took 3 hours to fullly download.

just had a check on the Sky help Forums and there are scores of people having problems with slow downloads on all sorts of ISPs and different set ups.