Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky contract and sky atlantic questions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky contract and sky atlantic questions

Old 06-02-2012, 17:58   #1
narco220
Inactive

narco220 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky contract and sky atlantic questions

I'm considering subscribing to sky for the sky atlantic channel mainly as im a big fan of hbo tv shows, and don't want to wait for there long drawn out dvd release.

But my main concerns are: Is there a minimum 12 month contract when joining sky and how frequent are the add breaks on sky atlantic? (nothing like ukgold and simler channels i hope?)

I was hoping sky atlantic would be a prem channel with no add breaks.

Also is it possible to transfer my recorded programs from the sky+ hd boxes hardrive to my computer without taking the hd out?

Are the sky atlantic Tv shows available on the sky anytime and sky go services free of charge?
narco220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2012, 18:05   #2
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky contract and sky atlantic questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by narco220 View Post
I'm considering subscribing to sky for the sky atlantic channel mainly as im a big fan of hbo tv shows, and don't want to wait for there long drawn out dvd release.

But my main concerns are: Is there a minimum 12 month contract when joining sky and how frequent are the add breaks on sky atlantic? (nothing like ukgold and simler channels i hope?)

I was hoping sky atlantic would be a prem channel with no add breaks.

Also is it possible to transfer my recorded programs from the sky+ hd boxes hardrive to my computer without taking the hd out?
There is a 12 month minimum contract , Sky Atlantic has ads however the Sky+HD box soon gets through them
As for transferring recordings I believe Sky are looking to introduce downloadable content but not sure what that entails yet.
http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile...phones-1038238
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 18:11   #3
narco220
Inactive

narco220 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
There is a 12 month minimum contract , Sky Atlantic has ads however the Sky+HD box soon gets through them
Cheers for the responce mm,

Do you mean as in fastforwarding through them or is there a skip add breaks option when playing back?
narco220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 18:13   #4
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by narco220 View Post
Cheers for the responce mm,

Do you mean as in fastforwarding through them or is there a skip add breaks option when playing back?
No mate I mean FF get it on 30x and you'll soon be a dab hand at stopping in perfect time
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 18:30   #5
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
No mate I mean FF get it on 30x and you'll soon be a dab hand at stopping in perfect time
Exactly what I do..rarely allow shows to have ads playing.

In fact I was watching show live just now, got annoyed with ads, put it on record and watching some sports until it gets far enough in front to fast forward through the ads
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote