Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Revealed: Why BSkyB is slow to pick up … then keep you on hold

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Revealed: Why BSkyB is slow to pick up … then keep you on hold

Old 21-08-2011, 15:22   #1
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Revealed: Why BSkyB is slow to pick up … then keep you on hold

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile...hold-1.1118877

Upto now my view has been the complete opposite of Skys customer service but then again I've not been threatening to leave , if there's any truth they should be brought to task.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-08-2011, 15:27   #2
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Revealed: Why BSkyB is slow to pick up … then keep you on hold

Well it maybe that some Sky customers who are members here may have had experience of this when trying to cancel their account and may care to tell us about their experience.
Old 22-08-2011, 09:19   #3
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter

Thats pretty shocking behaviour and when I canceled Sky in December 2010 as I was taking VM vip50 they never hung up the phone but they did try everything to keep me.

Although I was back with Sky but January.
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2011, 10:37   #4
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Truely shocking if true proving that modern day call centres with some companies are the modern day versions of work houses of the past come back to haunt todays employees and all for £14.000 a year,amazingly depressing stuff.

Would not surprise me though if by taking cancellation calls employees lose money would you want to take the calls?,call centre people arguing,sounds like a "harmonious" working environment.

Not surprisng though seeing as who the largest single shareholder is.

Makes me even more pleased i am staying with vm as my tv service provider.
Old 23-08-2011, 12:22   #5
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of

The article says this was "introduced around 12 months ago" so I left before then, about 2 & half years ago.

But had no problems at all, they were helpful, polite, and as far as I recall didn't try to persuade me to stay at all!
Soon after the phone calls & post with offers to get me back started.
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote