Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Connect Freeview Box to Laptop

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Connect Freeview Box to Laptop

Old 23-02-2010, 21:48   #1
Spoofy
Inactive

Spoofy is an unknown quantity at this point
Connect Freeview Box to Laptop

Hello, I hope I have picked the right forum for this-if not apologies in advance.

I would like to connect my freeview box to my laptop and use that as a display screen instead of my TV as I am moving house and it would be good space wise.
I have been trying to find out if it is possible and if so what I need to get/do but am confused!
Not sure what info would be useful to help get my question answered but this is the info on my freeview box and laptop.
Freeview box:Humax PVR-9150T
SCART 1 TV, 1 VCR(RGB/YPbPr)
RF 1 Input
Data port RS-232C
Laptop: ASUS Notebook F7sr Series -Model X7OS
Adapter Type: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400
Adaptor Information
Chip Type: ATI Mobility Radeon Graphics Processor (0x94C9)
DAC Type: Internal DAC (4000MHz)
Adapter String: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400
Total Available Graphics Memory 1535 MB
Dedicated Video Memory 256 MB
System Video Memory: 0MB
Shared System Memory: 1279 MB

There are a few ports on my laptop which I have no idea what they are but there are two which have little pictures next to them one looks like a tv with old style bunny aerial ears and one looks one without-something to do with TV and monitors?? My laptop also plays blueray dvds if that means anything?
Am reluctant to go into a shop like PC world for help in case they fob me off to buy something I don’t need so any suggestions or help would be great. Thanks!
Spoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2010, 23:09   #2
andyandy
Inactive

andyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Connect Freeview Box to Laptop

Personally I'd go for something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Adap.../dp/B000OF1EJM

It come with an aerial, but believe you'd be able to connect it to a 'proper' aerial mounted on roof / in loft.

You then also have the option of recording TV to the hard disk of PC, plus the normal pause, rewind etc.
andyandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 07:51   #3
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Connect Freeview Box to Laptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyandy View Post
Personally I'd go for something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Adap.../dp/B000OF1EJM

It come with an aerial, but believe you'd be able to connect it to a 'proper' aerial mounted on roof / in loft.

You then also have the option of recording TV to the hard disk of PC, plus the normal pause, rewind etc.
"THIS DOES NOT HAVE FACILITY TO CONNECT TO A HOME AERIAL."

You're on the right track though. find one of the same with a proper belling-lee aeriel socket and you should be fine
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote