Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 09-03-2018, 14:22   #1291
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Only another 13 months as the crow flies...
At least as, not with other good series, we know we are going to get a conclusion and have something to look forward to.

It appears AoS has an idea it may not be renewed for a new season so is making the final episode a conclusion of sorts.

I'm sure media transmission companies know well in advance if they will pick up a new series of anything they are showing before any cancellation. Would it be better for them to turn around and say "wrap it up in the last couple of episodes as we aren't showing it a gain" or if the decision is late in the series run say "We'll give you a miniseries of 3-5 episodes to wrap it up for the fans"?

As OLD BOY has stated in another thread they way people are now viewing is changing to the online/streaming platform. It then becomes easier for people to drop channels that keep cancelling popular series.

WOW, that was a bit of a rant and I don't apologise.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2018, 09:37   #1292
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

it is okay dude, I completely agree and I have been saying it for years. The way many channels/broadcasters treat series is disgusting and shows a lack of respect for fans. It is one thing for a pilot season, but when you have got a series which has been going for 4+ seasons with established characters and story arc then the least you can do is let the writers wrap it up properly. Look at Dark Matter. Would it have killed them to let them do a 3 part mini series (ish) with each ep 1 hour long to bring the story to an end. I hope The Expanse has a proper ending.

Butttttt, and this is a lovely story, the shining example of fan power and revolt is Jericho. I remember it very well.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 13:26   #1293
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post

Butttttt, and this is a lovely story, the shining example of fan power and revolt is Jericho. I remember it very well.
Thanks for forgiveness for the rant.

For those interested in Stargate fan power is trying again. At 02.00 UK time this morning N.America had a tweetstorm to get MGM to take up a new in canon series of Stargate.

Within one hour it was trending at #2 in the US and Canada, #1 in UK & France and #7 worldwide.

For those interested there will be another tonight for us Europeans at 7.00pm. If you intend to join in then get on Twitter before 6.45pm and follow @StargateNow_EU so that you get the nights hashtag or you can follow me as I will be putting it out too @Pippincp.

If you want gifs to add to your tweet there's loads here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...fJ4H_Oqr3BvB0I

Here's something I knocked up earlier as well.

Hope to see some of you there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stargate MGM logo V2.jpg (134.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 10-03-2018, 22:41   #1294
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

That is cracking, if that doesn't send a message what does. I want to see some studio execs shitting themselves now and running around getting the ball rolling because they'll be thinking about how much $$$ they are losing out on every minute.
Old 13-03-2018, 21:14   #1295
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

FOX are considering a Buffy (the Vampire Slayer) revival.

Network chief Gary Newman confirmed ongoing talks about a series revival.
Quote:
Buffy is probably the most ripe show we have for bringing back. It’s something we talk about frequently. Joss Whedon is one of the greatest creators we’ve ever worked for. When Joss decides it’s time, we’ll do it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 22:30   #1296
General Maximus
Ran Away

I'll only watch it if SMG is in it
Old 23-03-2018, 12:44   #1297
General Maximus
Ran Away

The new issue of SFX has just come through the door. I was expecting to see Infinity War on the front cover so I had a pleasant surprise. It will probably be on next months cover just in time for the film coming out. I would like to say I think it is going to be the highest grossing film this year but there are so many good films coming out.

There are some quality features in this months mag. There are multi-page features on Lost in Space, Infinity War and Westworld plus lots more so it is defo worth a look. I would take photos of everything and upload it but I would get moaned at for copyright bla bla bla.
Old 23-03-2018, 15:53   #1298
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I get SFX delivered anyway.

Could you use a smaller image please.

(and yes, if you uploaded the content, it would be removed).

Old 23-03-2018, 19:21   #1299
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Could you use a smaller image please.
that is small, you should have seen what it was like originally. I will bear it in mind for the future though.
Old 24-03-2018, 00:12   #1300
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

I'll just leave this here.

https://twitter.com/ExpanseSYFY/stat...19086932746242
Old 24-03-2018, 00:25   #1301
General Maximus
Ran Away

I love The Expanse, it is quality serious space scifi. Next month is probably going to be the best tv month in years. We have got The Expanse, Westworld and Lost in Space.
Old 24-03-2018, 18:31   #1302
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Talking of Lost in Space.

Old 24-03-2018, 20:22   #1303
General Maximus
Ran Away

looks awesome. Funny to see Toby Stephens talk like that having seen him in Black Sails. I assumed that was his normal voice.
Old 24-03-2018, 20:44   #1304
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It looks really good and can't wait.
Old 27-04-2018, 14:23   #1305
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Star Wars Resistance is to be the new animated series to replace Star Wars Rebels.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...for-fall-debut