Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2013, 14:59   #1411
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberAF View Post
Will also add that over the next few years the shape of broadcasting will change in a huge way.

It will be for the best, but their are HUGE changes afoot!!!!
Before the new crew arrived, VM had already said that the aim was to go towards shows stored in the cloud. I seem to recall reading that rights issues were one of the major hold ups in implementing that in places that have tried it. Given VM's track record with the rights issues with MRS, I think it could be a while.
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2013, 15:04   #1412
BomberAF
Inactive

Services: Sky HD, VM 50Mb/s Broadband
BomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Before the new crew arrived, VM had already said that the aim was to go towards shows stored in the cloud. I seem to recall reading that rights issues were one of the major hold ups in implementing that in places that have tried it. Given VM's track record with the rights issues with MRS, I think it could be a while.
It has nothing to do with how you view your programs i.e. cloud or streaming etc. but there are big big changes heading this way. Not just for VM customers but ALL subscription tv packages. Remember both Sky and BT have both said either game changer or our biggest season yet. It is not only about Sports subscriptions either but the whole subscription TV market.

Can't say nothing more though.
Old 15-08-2013, 15:08   #1413
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I love cinnamon, so yes I would probably do that. OK, a teaspoon of cinnamon powder if the latest Bomber news turns out to be accurate.
Old 15-08-2013, 15:09   #1414
BomberAF
Inactive

BomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I forgot to add the News part to Sky Sports New.

It is Sky Sports News HD and Sky Atlantic both HD and SD.

Not sure about the others.

As part of the XL package!!!!!
What I said here isn't actually true. But if you look at what I said in another post about big changes afoot a part of this will see all HD channels that are on Sky available to VM. So where you have the Sky channels if there is a HD channel you will also get the HD channel to go with it. This will start to be implemented and should be complete within the next 2 years. Ambiguous I know but watch this space.
Old 15-08-2013, 15:12   #1415
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Now the deal has been signed can people now admit what they knew and what they didnt know about the deal i.e when they found out, how it was done etc

i admit i knew nothing
Was told last Friday what was expected to happen but could only put cryptic message a couple of peeps(you know who you are) did get private message early in week letting them know what's gonna occur and I was given info about sky Atlantic at same time,if goes to plan it will be here for autumn
Old 15-08-2013, 15:13   #1416
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Was told last Friday what was expected to happen but could only put cryptic message a couple of peeps(you know who you are) did get private message early in week letting them know what's gonna occur and I was given info about sky Atlantic at same time,if goes to plan it will be here for autumn
If you know any more thing that you can not post - PM me.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 15-08-2013, 15:14   #1417
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

That picture of the hat is soooooooo funny!!
Old 15-08-2013, 15:14   #1418
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Will also add that over the next few years the shape of broadcasting will change in a huge way.

It will be for the best, but their are HUGE changes afoot!!!!
TBF i have heard whispers of this
Old 15-08-2013, 15:24   #1419
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Sky Atlantic HD and Sky Sports News HD to launch on VM at the beginning of September!

Remember you heard it here first!
Didn't know exactly what month,did post a while back sky Atlantic will be here in autumn and not just sky sports news hd bud the others channels that are missing that are on in Ireland will follow as well

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
If you know any more thing that you can not post - PM me.
Sorry bud I know I ment to but I assumed you already knew and just wasn't able to post
Old 15-08-2013, 15:25   #1420
BomberAF
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Didn't know exactly what month,did post a while back sky Atlantic will be here in autumn and not just sky sports news hd bud the others channels that are missing that are on in Ireland will follow as well

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Sorry bud I know I ment to but I assumed you already knew and just wasn't able to post
They will be here by September 14th.
Old 15-08-2013, 15:26   #1421
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

t
Quote:
What I said here isn't actually true. But if you look at what I said in another post about big changes afoot a part of this will see all HD channels that are on Sky available to VM. So where you have the Sky channels if there is a HD channel you will also get the HD channel to go with it. This will start to be implemented and should be complete within the next 2 years. Ambiguous I know but watch this space.
Go on. Bomber, just let it all out! Clearly you are the new cable messiah!
Old 15-08-2013, 15:27   #1422
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
They will be here by September 14th.
this is the christmas gift that keeps on giving !!!!!!:
Old 15-08-2013, 15:29   #1423
BomberAF
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
t

Go on. Bomber, just let it all out! Clearly you are the new cable messiah!
Strange as it may sound but if I let the cat out of the bag then it wouldn't happen. These changes are not until over 3 years +, so you wont notice anything straight away but in say 10 years time the way we subscribe to TV will be very different.
Old 15-08-2013, 15:35   #1424
matt_home1
Inactive

Services: XL TV L Broadband Phone
matt_home1 is on a distinguished roadmatt_home1 is on a distinguished road

are you alluding that sky will be split in to production and distribution, with a set price for all distributors wanting to pick up the shows? thus virgin and sky will pay the same for the rights?
Old 15-08-2013, 15:37   #1425
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Strange as it may sound but if I let the cat out of the bag then it wouldn't happen. These changes are not until over 3 years +, so you wont notice anything straight away but in say 10 years time the way we subscribe to TV will be very different.
[grumpy old man]
If it includes a big price hike i ain't interested
[/grumpy old man]
Closed Thread