Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Samsung 500gb HDR v Humax 500GB HDR

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Samsung 500gb HDR v Humax 500GB HDR

Old 24-09-2012, 16:38   #1
kovarik
Inactive

kovarik is an unknown quantity at this point
Samsung 500gb HDR v Humax 500GB HDR

Anybody have any advice on which of the above to choose for Freesat viewing?
kovarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-09-2012, 14:37   #2
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads
Re: Samsung 500gb HDR v Humax 500GB HDR

I've heard very good things about the Humax, but the new model is coming our next month and allows you to record 2 channels while watching a 3rd, i'd wait till then and see what that one is like
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 16:01   #3
kovarik
Inactive

Sugar! I just ordered the Samsung this morning - mainly due to the price.

Do you know if it's possible to record 2 channels at once on the Samsung? There's plenty of info saying record one channel and watch another but nothing on whether 2 channels can be recorded at the same time the way my Sky+ box does.

Thanks - wish I had known about the new Humax coming out - mind you I dare say it will be quite a bit dearer than the current models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger skillin View Post
I've heard very good things about the Humax, but the new model is coming our next month and allows you to record 2 channels while watching a 3rd, i'd wait till then and see what that one is like
Old 25-09-2012, 17:00   #4
roger skillin
Inactive

roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Not sure about the Samsung recording, i'm sure the full specs are on their site though.
The Humax new model will be £279.99 so yes it's more expensive
Old 25-09-2012, 17:12   #5
kovarik
Inactive

Thanks for that Roger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger skillin View Post
Not sure about the Samsung recording, i'm sure the full specs are on their site though.
The Humax new model will be £279.99 so yes it's more expensive
Old 25-09-2012, 17:14   #6
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Moved from Sky to Freesat forum
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 14:30   #7
roger skillin
Inactive

Here's the latest Humax for preorder for anyone interested
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/humax-h...74267-pdt.html

Says available 8th Oct