Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | tv satellite

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

tv satellite

Old 10-03-2010, 10:35   #1
tex
Inactive

Location: norwich which is a city on the east coast of england.
Services: ntl family pack, broadband, phone.
tex is an unknown quantity at this point
tv satellite

hi,
i have a tv with freeview/freesat which i have turned in to.
i have allso turned into freesat europe, can i allso turn into the hotbrid satellite?
thanks tex
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2010, 11:00   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: tv satellite

My Freesat set-top box has options to add non-Freesat channels (that is, satellite channels that are free to air but are not marketed under the Freesat brand). I assume a TV with integrated Freesat would also have similar options. Exactly how you do that will be detailed in the TV manufacturer's instruction booklet.

What model is the TV?

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

Moved to the Freesat & Freeview forum
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:12   #3
tex
Inactive

Location: norwich which is a city on the east coast of england.
Services: ntl family pack, broadband, phone.
tex is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
my tv is a 50in panasonic.
just now had a look at the operating insructions it just say go to set up select a satellite & set search mode like free channels and start auto setup.
anyway thanks for your replay.
tex
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:39   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Yes, that sounds like the procedure on my box. Have fun!
Old 10-03-2010, 11:56   #5
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Remember though for each new sat you need to repoint the dish...

Chris can your freesat box do any DiseqC switching/controlling?
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:02   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

It's a cheap-as-chips Goodmans SD box, and it's down at the holiday flat so I can't check. But I doubt it can do anything very clever.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:10   #7
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Oh, OK.. I only asked as I didn;t even know that the freesat boxes would allow channel scanning, if you coupled that with an ability to at very least DiseqC switching it would make a good multiheaded unit controller

Old 10-03-2010, 14:27   #8
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

.. and in English, for those of us who don't speak nerd?
Old 10-03-2010, 14:35   #9
Kymmy
Inactive

Dat bit can do dis bit and goes on dis other bit then it work good
Old 10-03-2010, 14:43   #10
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Freesat boxes as a general rule of thumb aren't DiSEqC. Free-to-air satellite boxes usually are, I picked one up for about £25 that's DiSEqC 1.2.

DiSEqC: Digital Satellite Equipment Control. Framework that controls motorised dishes to point in the right place when you select a channel.
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 15:57   #11
Kymmy
Inactive

I was thinking more about a simple DiseqC switch so a multi head could be used for more than one position instead of going to whole hog with the motor..

My sats does full DiseqC and USALS, nice little system though a bit outdated, must grab a HD linux based box