Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Existing Customer - Incentive to stay with NTL

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Existing Customer - Incentive to stay with NTL

Old 04-10-2004, 00:18   #16
busterdan
Inactive

busterdan will become famous soon enoughbusterdan will become famous soon enoughbusterdan will become famous soon enough
Re: Existing Customer - Incentive to stay with NTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliro
I have too been with NTL since then, about 6 years now? how did you manage to persuade them to give you 1.5mbit for 22.99, how much do you spend with them a month??
Hi there,

Our mothly NTL spend is about £80 for TV, phone (including Talk unlimited...or whatever it is called) and broadband. The TV package is the family pack I think...plus Disney channel.

When I called them I said I thought the packages were quite good value for money but....why should I pay more than a new subscriber, I would be prepared to cancel out of principle.

At first I was offered my current package at £14.99 for 12 months, but I suggested 1.5mb for my current price (£24.99 ) they said they could not do this as they have a discount voucher scheme and the difference between £37.99 and £24.99 could not be applied with any combination of vouchers.... so I said OK then... discount it further then (hehe).... the guy in their Cancellations department went away for a minute or two and then said... sure we can do that for you!

And that was that....though I still don't think I am on the full 1.5mb at the moment... I need to call them to check.
busterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2004, 01:40   #17
busterdan
Inactive

busterdan will become famous soon enoughbusterdan will become famous soon enoughbusterdan will become famous soon enough

Yup I am still on 1mb.... my area hasn't been updated yet according to NTL
busterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2004, 09:49   #18
Fireplace
Inactive

Services: 20mb BB SACM, XL package - V+ & Pace 4000, Telephone.
Fireplace is on a distinguished roadFireplace is on a distinguished road

NTL's own site is now showing reduced broadband rates to new customers for the first 3 months. http://www.home.ntl.com/icat/broadba...minitower_half

300k £8.99
750k £12.49
1.5mb £18.99

I phoned the other day to see what they would offer me to go from 750 to 1.5 and all they would offer is 1 month at my current rate of £24.99.

If it wasn't for the fact that I can't stand Rupert Murdoch and his empire, I would leave now. Does anyone else feel like we are getting screwed.
Fireplace is offline   Reply With Quote