Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | You Robbing Barstewards

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

You Robbing Barstewards

Old 22-02-2022, 16:04   #1
raefil
cf.addict

raefil is an unknown quantity at this point
You Robbing Barstewards

I just received this text from Virgin mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgin Mobile
Hi there. From 1st April 2022 your monthly airtime price will go up by 11.7%, in line with the Retail Price Index inflation of 7.8%, plus 3.9%. For example, a £7 plan will increase by 82p. See full details, our online calculator and Legal Stuff at virginmedia.com/mobile/annual-rpi-price-increase
At a time when people are struggling to heat their homes and some even put food on the table how on earth can this type of corporate theft be allowed to continue?

I am utterly disgusted and I wont be negotiating a price with them I will be leaving.
raefil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-02-2022, 16:06   #2
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: You Robbing Barstewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefil View Post
I just received this text from Virgin mobile

At a time when people are struggling to heat their homes and some even put food on the table how on earth can this type of corporate theft be allowed to continue?

I am utterly disgusted and I wont be negotiating a price with them I will be leaving.

I use Tesco Mobile who have never (yet) put the price up in the contract period. At least you're now in a position where you can leave VM without penalty.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 17:57   #3
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I rarely use my mobile, so just use PAYG. Virgin stopped PAYG, so I just got a SIM from ASDA.

4p per minute to any UK mobile or landline, 4p per text to any UK number, and 4p per MB of data.

To keep it active I just have to send a text to someone every 6 months.

I also never make phone calls from the home phone (apart from the weekends when they are free) as Virgin's tariffs are far too expensive. Instead, I use a diverter company (1899.com)
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 18:09   #4
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I rarely use my mobile, so just use PAYG. Virgin stopped PAYG, so I just got a SIM from ASDA.

4p per minute to any UK mobile or landline, 4p per text to any UK number, and 4p per MB of data.

To keep it active I just have to send a text to someone every 6 months.

I also never make phone calls from the home phone (apart from the weekends when they are free) as Virgin's tariffs are far too expensive. Instead, I use a diverter company (1899.com)
I agree,
I use O2 Classic PAYG 3p calls, 2 p text
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 20:23   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefil View Post
corporate theft ? I dont think so.

No one has stolen anything from you, and as you stated, you are free to move to any other provider. Something I did almost 2 years ago now.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2022, 20:38   #6
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

… and, of course, the annual increase was clearly stated in the contract and also applies to many other suppliers.
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2022, 10:29   #7
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

They arent the only ones hiking prices up. EE are doing it too as well as many others.
Prices always go up around March/April.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2022, 18:14   #8
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
They arent the only ones hiking prices up. EE are doing it too as well as many others.
Prices always go up around March/April.
One of reasons l chose Tesco was no price increase during contract.
Old 28-02-2022, 18:32   #9
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

Mine also is going up 11.7%. However, I am not going to cut my nose off to spite my face, 4 or 5 years ago I got a sim only plan for £6pm thanks to Martin Lewis.
It has gone up in dribs and drabs, but this one is eye watering.
If the cost of living rise is 7.5% according to VM<, then surely my government pension should be going up 7.5%
I just feel that so many businesses are making up for 2 poor years and getting as much dosh in as they can.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2022, 19:54   #10
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I bet they round-up her £17 tariff to £19.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v.jpg (74.9 KB, 34 views)
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 16:40   #11
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Email today from Tesco

'You may have heard that the big networks are raising their bills. But don’t worry, at Tesco Mobile, we keep your contract price frozen - just like our peas, so you know exactly where you stand.'

Sorted
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 16:51   #12
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

At least until they reach the point where its either increase, or go out of business.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 16:54   #13
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Email today from Tesco

'You may have heard that the big networks are raising their bills. But don’t worry, at Tesco Mobile, we keep your contract price frozen - just like our peas, so you know exactly where you stand.'

Sorted
Yes Tesco Mobile seem better than most, although the in contract data packages aren't the cheapest but once out of contract you can get a competitive rate. The CS is also UK based and generally helpful as well.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 17:31   #14
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
At least until they reach the point where its either increase, or go out of business.
Quite possibly propped up by the profits from other areas (food).
Still . . £9 a month since May 2017 has been a decent run
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 19:40   #15
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Quite possibly propped up by the profits from other areas (food).
Still . . £9 a month since May 2017 has been a decent run
Started at £9 per month for 18 months but bank give cash back ----£40 so getting it for even less , surprised that Tesco were the best over all value for what l required . It's a first for me Have to add virgin was offering the worst deal of everyone, again with the caveat for my needs.