Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 13:04   #1156
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...al-1235253798/

Quote:
Paramount Global and British cable giant Virgin Media on Wednesday unveiled a new multi-year distribution agreement, extending their existing partnership across Paramount’s streaming services and linear channels in the U.K.

“The renewed partnership will see Paramount+, the global subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service, debut on Virgin TV in 2023.” Paramount+ original series include the likes of Halo and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.
Old 02-11-2022, 15:04   #1157
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Good news, Ben. Hopefully the missing HD channels will launch too!
Old 02-11-2022, 16:42   #1158
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Good news, Ben. Hopefully the missing HD channels will launch too!
As part of this new deal with Virgin Media UK and Paramount Networks UK & Australia:

We may see the following Paramount Networks UK & Australia being axe:

*Channel 5
*Comedy Central
*MTV
*5ACTION
*Nickelodeon
*Nick Junior

We may see the following Paramount Networks UK & Australia being launch:

*Nick Jr. HD
*Nick Jr. +1
*5SELECT HD^
*5STAR HD^
*5USA HD^

^Channels are on Sky Glass Right now.

We think the following Paramount Networks UK & Australia channels being being on:

105. Channel 5 HD
132. Comedy Central HD
133. Comedy Central +1
134. MTV HD
150. Channel 5 +1

151. 5ACTION HD
152. SELECT HD^
153. 5STAR HD^
154. 5 USA HD^

^If HD Channels do not launch SD stays

155. Comedy Central Extra
181. 5STAR +1
182. 5 USA +1

712. Nick HD
713. Nick +1
714. Nick Jr. HD
715. Nick Junior +1
716. Nick Jr Too
717. Nicktoons

Notes all channels numbers listed are my own pick and may change or may not happen.

When I say "We" I do mean Virgin Media Viewers.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 02-11-2022 at 16:47.
Old 02-11-2022, 17:46   #1159
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
As part of this new deal with Virgin Media UK and Paramount Networks UK & Australia:

*Channel 5
*Comedy Central
*MTV
*5ACTION
*Nickelodeon
*Nick Junior

*Nick Jr. HD
*Nick Jr. +1
*5SELECT HD^
*5STAR HD^
*5USA HD^

We think the following Paramount Networks UK & Australia channels being being on:

105. Channel 5 HD
132. Comedy Central HD
133. Comedy Central +1
134. MTV HD
150. Channel 5 +1

151. 5ACTION HD
152. SELECT HD^
153. 5STAR HD^
154. 5 USA HD^

181. 5STAR +1
182. 5 USA +1

712. Nick HD
713. Nick +1
714. Nick Jr. HD
715. Nick Junior +1
716. Nick Jr Too
717. Nicktoons

Notes all channels numbers listed are my own pick and may change or may not happen.

I am a virgin media viewer and do not think any such thing , please save time when typing and say I.
Old 02-11-2022, 18:04   #1160
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Good news.

Official press release:

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/par...nel-portfolio/

https://www.paramount.com/press/para...nnel-portfolio

For me, the most interesting part of this is that there will be 'a dedicated FAST section of Virgin TV’s electronic programme guide'.

Hopefully the Paramount+ app will be able on the V6 as well as the 360 and Stream boxes, although the Disney+ app isn't, so that doesn't bode well. It would be a shame to see V6 customers left behind.

5USA HD, 5STAR HD and 5SELECT HD are surely part of the agreement, as Sky has these.
Old 02-11-2022, 18:52   #1161
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
5USA HD, 5STAR HD and 5SELECT HD.
They are not on Sky satellite (Sky +, Sky HD or Sky Q) and maybe Sky Stream (listing I saw only has them in SD)

They are only on Sky Glass base on information I have seen.
Old 02-11-2022, 21:30   #1162
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Indeed. Richard is incorrect on this.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...-channel-guide

Player and Mix customers with a V6 or 360 box do not receive ITV2 HD, ITV3 HD, ITV4 HD and ITVBe HD. On the Mixit TV package they are available with an extra charge in a Personal Pick.
When I mentioned the two streaming services I didn't meant the 360, I meant the subscription free Virgin streaming box & the Sky streaming box.

Yes, the ITV2-ITV4 HD channels haven't been moved down to the basic pack, even though these channels are now available for free elsewhere.

The confusion arose because I found the top pack no longer offered value for money. I think only those who want BT Sport will now find it to be so, with the rest of those on it basically subsidising them.

I found the ITV channels were available to me yesterday and assumed that they'd been moved down to teflect the fact that they're now available for free elsewhere. However, I forgot that I get some extra channels by way of compensation for miselling.
Old 02-11-2022, 22:57   #1163
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

I have seen unconfirmed reports on Twitter that ITV PLC will NOT rebrand ITV as ITV1 from tomorrow (November 3rd) after all.
Old 02-11-2022, 23:40   #1164
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

I assume paramount + will be made available on certain boxes but you'll need to subscribe to it like Netflix and Disney plus? It won't be a freebie like Peacock is on Sky?
Old 03-11-2022, 01:43   #1165
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

*Channel 5
*Comedy Central
*MTV
*5ACTION
*Nickelodeon
*Nick Junior

*Nick Jr. HD
*Nick Jr. +1
*5SELECT HD^
*5STAR HD^
*5USA HD^

105. Channel 5 HD
132. Comedy Central HD
133. Comedy Central +1
134. MTV HD
150. Channel 5 +1

151. 5ACTION HD
152. SELECT HD^
153. 5STAR HD^
154. 5 USA HD^

181. 5STAR +1
182. 5 USA +1

712. Nick HD
713. Nick +1
714. Nick Jr. HD
715. Nick Junior +1
716. Nick Jr Too
717. Nicktoons

You won't.
Old 03-11-2022, 09:16   #1166
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Hopefully the Paramount+ app will be able on the V6 as well as the 360 and Stream boxes, although the Disney+ app isn't, so that doesn't bode well. It would be a shame to see V6 customers left behind.
Personal view is that I wouldn't expect it to be added to the V6. Virgin Media need a 'pull' reason for customers to upgrade away from the TiVo platform before they have to 'push' customers off it, so having popular apps and content exclusive to 360 will help with that.

Same happened when TiVo first came in, new content options were only on that to pull customers away from the V boxes.

And as V6 customers can upgrade with just some new remotes being sent and a software upgrade, as long as the differences are clearly explained, it's not a huge leap to do.
Old 03-11-2022, 09:24   #1167
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Personal view is that I wouldn't expect it to be added to the V6. Virgin Media need a 'pull' reason for customers to upgrade away from the TiVo platform before they have to 'push' customers off it, so having popular apps and content exclusive to 360 will help with that.

Same happened when TiVo first came in, new content options were only on that to pull customers away from the V boxes.

And as V6 customers can upgrade with just some new remotes being sent and a software upgrade, as long as the differences are clearly explained, it's not a huge leap to do.
I renegotiated my VM contact a few months ago and at no point did they even offer switching to 360 from V6 - I think they are missing a trick not trying to get people to do so at that point.

From what I've read in here, I'm not sure they could call it an upgrade though, as it sounds like you lose out on more features that you gain?
Old 03-11-2022, 09:28   #1168
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:

It isn't but until the charge is scrapped many of us won't shift. Also the ability to recover deleted shows.... Much more important than the old reminder nonsense that was begged for when TiVo came out.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:48   #1169
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
I renegotiated my VM contact a few months ago and at no point did they even offer switching to 360 from V6 - I think they are missing a trick not trying to get people to do so at that point.

From what I've read in here, I'm not sure they could call it an upgrade though, as it sounds like you lose out on more features that you gain?
I "upgraded" to 360 at the end of my current contract and found it to be a piece of horseshit that I managed to get the 2 boxes we upgraded replayed with 2 TiVo boxes. The fact they replaced them with out any hassle makes me believe that they know the 360 isn't the upgrade they touted it as.

It has so many failings over TiVo it's not worth having and any apps I don't get on TiVo I can get on my fire stick max so am losing nothing and gaining more doing it this way
Old 03-11-2022, 10:54   #1170
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:
I have seen unconfirmed reports on Twitter that ITV PLC will NOT rebrand ITV as ITV1 from tomorrow (November 3rd) after all.
Apparently it's been delayed to coincide with the launch of ITVX.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 03-11-2022 at 11:07.
Closed Thread