Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 21-10-2022, 14:57   #1126
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Hmmm! they can't have info slates on 200-203 informing of any changes and also move the actual channels into those slots. Unless the are moved in stages, in which case they could just change the info slates at each stage. Keep an eye on TS 514 on digitalbitrate.com, maybe the slates will show up on there before they go live.
They could have a popup message saying something like "This is now the home of Amazing TV, Fascinating TV+1 has moved to 198. Press Green to clear this message." It doesn't have to be a full screen static slate is my point.

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Reality+1 would be less confusing above/before Reality Xtra, as Reality Xtra isn't what it's a timeshift of. Horror Xtra+1 would make more sense on Ch193 as Horror Xtra is on Ch192.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

I wouldn't be surprised if 4 of those 5 +1s close, leaving the Yesterday+1.
Advertisement
Old 21-10-2022, 15:03   #1127
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
They could have a popup message saying something like "This is now the home of Amazing TV, Fascinating TV+1 has moved to 198. Press Green to clear this message." It doesn't have to be a full screen static slate is my point.
They could use the popup/overlay messages and it doesn't have to be a full screen slate but the point is that the EPG slot numbers have actually been assigned to "Channel Update" full screen slates. That is what was reported on DS.
Old 21-10-2022, 15:58   #1128
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Hmmm! they can't have info slates on 200-203 informing of any changes and also move the actual channels into those slots. Unless the are moved in stages, in which case they could just change the info slates at each stage. Keep an eye on TS 514 on digitalbitrate.com, maybe the slates will show up on there before they go live.
Virgin can have slates on channels 200 to 203 if Virgin do a channel changes over some weeks.

All the following channels can move on Week 1 (October 25th):

144. 4Seven HD
193. Yesterday +1
198. CBS Reality +1
199. Horror Xtra +1

All the following channels can move on Week 2 (November 1st):

200. Sky Witness +1
201. Sky Crime +1
202. Crime + Investigation HD
203. Blaze

As you can see all Channels thst may move on Week 1 are free numbers right now (October 21st) so Virgin may do this changes over two weeks starting as early as this coming Tuesday.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 21-10-2022, 16:03   #1129
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Reality+1 would be less confusing above/before Reality Xtra, as Reality Xtra isn't what it's a timeshift of. Horror Xtra+1 would make more sense on Ch193 as Horror Xtra is on Ch192.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

I wouldn't be surprised if 4 of those 5 +1s close, leaving the Yesterday+1.
I agree especially the Sky ones, Sky closed Syfy+1 along with Pick+1 in March.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 21-10-2022 at 16:12.
Old 21-10-2022, 16:15   #1130
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
I agree especially the Sky ones, Sky closed Syfy+1 In March.
I think Sky +1 channels is just moving numbers on Virgin.

But if Sky UK are set to close them keep a eye on kriZbii over on DS Forum - I think kriZbii works for Sky.

But kriZbii last post about channels (Sky Cinema rebrands) was posted on October 3rd.
Old 21-10-2022, 17:14   #1131
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Virgin can have slates on channels 200 to 203 if Virgin do a channel changes over some weeks.

All the following channels can move on Week 1 (October 25th):

144. 4Seven HD
193. Yesterday +1
198. CBS Reality +1
199. Horror Xtra +1

All the following channels can move on Week 2 (November 1st):

200. Sky Witness +1
201. Sky Crime +1
202. Crime + Investigation HD
203. Blaze

As you can see all Channels thst may move on Week 1 are free numbers right now (October 21st) so Virgin may do this changes over two weeks starting as early as this coming Tuesday.
Over some weeks, yes that's what I meant by "moved in stages". However, if that was the case why would they have set up 8 slates only to use 4? Slates can easily be reused, they do it all the time. In that scenario they would only have needed 4 slates with a change of text on the slates for the next batch. It may well take more than one week to complete the move as even moving 8 channels (which is a fairly typical number for housekeeping changes), there are still entertainment channels left at 226, 226 etc. Probably better to wait for the actual slates to be pre-launched before jumping to conclusions. Keep an eye on DBR.
Old 22-10-2022, 16:12   #1132
epsilon
cf.geek

And the changes:

4 Seven HD moves to 193
Crime & Investigation HD moves to 198
Blaze moves to 199
Yesterday +1 moves to 217
CBS Reality +1 moves to 218
Horror Xtra +1 moves to 219
Sky Witness +1 moves to 220
Sky Crime +1 moves to 221

The text of the update slates is now visible.
Old 22-10-2022, 16:26   #1133
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
And the changes:

4 Seven HD moves to 193
Blaze moves to 199

What a ----

Unless Virgin are set to merge Factual with Entertainment Channels.
Old 22-10-2022, 16:28   #1134
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
And the changes:

4 Seven HD moves to 193
Blaze moves to 199

Thanks epsilon.

This looks like the first move in VM themselves reorganising the EPG, since all the +1s there are moving to worse numbers. Shame 4 Seven HD isn't a swap out. I've zero interest in them, but I did feel a little sorry for C&I HD and Blaze being so far out on the edge of General Entertainment, so they'll finally be nearer other main channels.

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

Quote:
What a ----

Unless Virgin are set to merge Factual with Entertainment Channels.
I think Factual might move to low 200s eventually.
Old 22-10-2022, 17:20   #1135
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Thanks epsilon.

This looks like the first move in VM themselves reorganising the EPG, since all the +1s there are moving to worse numbers. Shame 4 Seven HD isn't a swap out. I've zero interest in them, but I did feel a little sorry for C&I HD and Blaze being so far out on the edge of General Entertainment, so they'll finally be nearer other main channels.

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

I think Factual might move to low 200s eventually.
Maybe lower - to sit beside they sister channels.

With +1 Channels moving to next available number.

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

With Yesterday +1 moving we may see Eden HD moving to Channel 131 with Dave Ja Vu moving to Channel 191 (Left over from W HD) with Eden +1 moving to channel 200.

The following list may move as well:

*Sky History HD
*Sky History +1
*Sky History 2 HD
*Sky Documentaries HD
*Sky Documentaries
*Sky Nature HD
*Sky Nature
*E4 Extra may move to 203.

All other Factual will stay as now until Virgin sign new deals with broadcasters.

Base on list of channels moving - I feel Virgin has signed new deals with:

Channel 4 (4 Seven HD)
A&E UK (Crime & Investigation HD and Blaze)
UKTV (Yesterday +1)
AMC (CBS Reality +1 and Horror Xtra +1)
Sky UK (Sky Witness +1 and Sky Crime +1)
Old 22-10-2022, 18:46   #1136
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

E4 Extra would surely just move to C4 HD's old slot, pretty sure you said as much yourself.

I don't think channels moving to worse slots means a new contract, especially when multiple broadcasters are involved. It's more likely VM telling all the broadcasters they want to do a large reshuffle and the changes not being that contentious as most are involving +1s when the majority are likely using Catch-up On-demand these days.
Old 22-10-2022, 18:56   #1137
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
E4 Extra would surely just move to C4 HD's old slot, pretty sure you said as much yourself.

I don't think channels moving to worse slots means a new contract, especially when multiple broadcasters are involved. It's more likely VM telling all the broadcasters they want to do a large reshuffle and the changes not being that contentious as most are involving +1s when the majority are likely using Catch-up On-demand these days.
I am just thinking out loud - I know a same info as you - Nothing.

But I do know Virgin has got two channel number FREE beside Channel 4's Family of channels in the 140s.
Old 22-10-2022, 19:09   #1138
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I am just thinking out loud - I know a same info as you - Nothing.

But I do know Virgin has got two channel number FREE beside Channel 4's Family of channels in the 140s.
I always assumed they kept the old E4 space free in case they had to reverse the move to ch106.
Old 22-10-2022, 23:28   #1139
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
And the changes:

4 Seven HD moves to 193
Blaze moves to 199

Base on that list - I have make up the following list - This one is just my views so may not happen.

With Virgin moving channels about we may end up with:

All Channels numbers as now but

Entertainment:
131. Eden HD
156. Sky History HD
160. Sky HISTORY2 HD

163. Sky Documentaries HD
164. Sky Nature HD
165. E! HD

172. Discovery Channel HD
173. Animal Planet HD
180. Sky HISTORY HD

193. 4 Seven HD*
198. Crime & Investigation HD*
199. Blaze*

200. Dave ja vu (Moves from Channel 131)
201. Eden +1
202. Challenge

203. Pick
206. E!
207. Sky Arts

208. Sky Documentaries
209. Sky Nature
210. Sky Replay

211. Discovery Science
212. Discovery Turbo
213. Discovery History

214. Food Network
215. HGTV
216. TLC +1

217. Yesterday +1*
218. CBS Reality +1*
219. Horror Xtra +1*

220. Sky Witness +1*
221. Sky Crime +1*
223. Sky History +1

224. ID +1
225. Quest +1
226. DMAX +1

227. Drama +1
229. Discovery Channel +1
230. Animal Planet +1

231. Discovery Science +1
232. Discovery History +1
233. Together TV

234. PBS America
235. Smithsonian Channel HD
236. HGTV +1

237. God Channel

Factual: (Why move them when Disney is set to axe them when deal is up?)
265. Nat Geo WILD HD
266. National Geographic
267. National Geographic +1
268. National Geographic HD

*New Channels numbers been confirmed by epsilon.
Old 23-10-2022, 15:04   #1140
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Base on that list - I have make up the following list - This one is just my views so may not happen...
I wouldn't like to guess at what the plans are. The gap created in the EPG is relatively small and too small to contain many of the obvious options. Creating the gap does suggest this will be followed by further changes and it will be interesting to see where this goes. I wonder if it will work like a chinese puzzle with some of the moves being short term changes with further moves for these channels to follow before everything fits into place.
Closed Thread