Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 03-12-2022, 14:08   #1816
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I remember 6 months ago I started watching something on normal ITV and wanted to continue it in another location via ITVHub, I found it impossible to skip ahead to try and rejoin where I left off without it throwing a long advert at me after every skip, does it still do this?

And they wonder why people look for alternative methods to watch stuff! Cough..... TeaTV........Cough
Ah teatv yes the virus infested app if you download the wrong one lol, the ammount of devices i've had to clean for people because they download dodgey apps.
But it's no wonder people turn to alternative methods when you get the likes of SKY waiting for months after new seasons of shows start to air them themselves.
Old 03-12-2022, 14:22   #1817
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Ah teatv yes the virus infested app if you download the wrong one lol, the ammount of devices i've had to clean for people because they download dodgey apps.
But it's no wonder people turn to alternative methods when you get the likes of SKY waiting for months after new seasons of shows start to air them themselves.
I know the guy who runs APK time so just install that and apps through that
Old 03-12-2022, 17:55   #1818
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
I know the guy who runs APK time so just install that and apps through that
Yeah i use them too or Aptoide never had any problems at all with them but unfortuantly some of my friends seem to think they know better and get the apps elsewhere then cry when they get a virus lol.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:46   #1819
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/s...-b2237552.html

Quote:
Sky will charge customers £5 if they fast forward through adverts, the broadcaster has announced.

From 1 December, all Sky Glass and Sky Stream users will see the additional charge for the Ad Skipping feature added to their monthly bills unless they opt out.

Anyone who refuses to pay the fee will be unable to skip commercial breaks on live channels, and will also be forced to watch all sponsored messages when using catch-up apps like ITVX and when watching via the Playlists menu.

"With Ad Skipping Add On, you’ll be able to fast forward through adverts when using Live Pause, Restart, Playlist or Sky On Demand,” the company said.

“The Ad Skipping Add On doesn’t mean that you won’t see any adverts. It allows the ability to fast forward through the ads using the relevant remote control buttons and on screen menu for what you’re watching.”

Sky also noted that the Ad Skipping Add On feature works with adverts from within ITVX, STV Player and All4 TV apps, however does not include other apps like Spotify or YouTube.

Customers with Sky Q set top boxes appear to not be impacted by the extra fees as the update is yet to roll out.

Anyone who recently bought Sky Glass TV will also be able to avoid paying anything extra for at least the next 18 months.

The satellite firm first announced the controversial Ad Skipping change last year, making it one of several platforms to introduce fees designed to crack down on ad skipping.

ITVX charges £5.99 and All4 charges £3.99 to customers wishing to skip ad breaks.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:14   #1820
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Looks like I will be setting up firesticks and android boxes again
Old 04-12-2022, 10:16   #1821
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

What a glorious future
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:18   #1822
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Looks like I will be setting up firesticks and android boxes again
Yep, this is basically a backdoor price rise for customers who would normally hit the skip button, it's ridiculous so you accidently press the skip button and Bam! £5 added to a monthly bill, try telling kids not to press it.

I can see this filtering down to VM if they get money out of it.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:21   #1823
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Yep, this is basically a backdoor price rise for customers who would normally hit the skip button, it's ridiculous so you accidently press the skip button and Bam! £5 added to a monthly bill, try telling kids not to press it.

I can see this filtering down to VM if they get money out of it.
takes the mick tbh. It will push people to illegal iptv. As I have said most of my media consumption is either downloaded or on demand. I do not watch live tv. But on demand has adverts. However the Brave browser on my PC bypasses said ads and the sites do not see it as they often do with browser adblockers so I do not see any ads anyway
Old 04-12-2022, 10:25   #1824
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Yes, I generally don't watch normal TV everything is streamed via official apps or not so official, I really should pluck up the courage to phone VM and recontract without the TV service as I'm wasting money that I could be saving into an ISA with interest rates so good.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:27   #1825
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
it's ridiculous so you accidently press the skip button and Bam! £5 added to a monthly bill, try telling kids not to press it.
That's not how it works.
"Sky Glass and Sky Stream users will see the additional charge for the Ad Skipping feature added to their monthly bills unless they opt out."
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 10:36   #1826
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
That's not how it works.
"Sky Glass and Sky Stream users will see the additional charge for the Ad Skipping feature added to their monthly bills unless they opt out."
It should be Opt IN.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:49   #1827
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
It should be Opt IN.
yeah but then they will miss out on the millions who will be totally oblivious to the charges and do not regularly check their statements. It is all part of a cunning plan
Old 04-12-2022, 11:21   #1828
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:
It should be Opt IN.
It is Opt in for new customers to Sky Glass/Sky Stream now, it was 'free for 12 months' when Sky Glass launched in October last year.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 04-12-2022 at 11:24.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 20:46   #1829
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Discovery+ have started to sneak in adverts on their top tier.
Old 08-12-2022, 04:12   #1830
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Discovery+ have started to sneak in adverts on their top tier.
Sky, EE, BT & Plusnet customers now get it for free- I guess its to pay for that.

Virgin customers have to sit through ads and pay for the privilage.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote