Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 21-04-2021, 12:47   #736
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Yes my parents had the audio issue but I thought that has been resolved. There was a workaround anyway that seemed to do the trick. But can't remember what it was. I think Spiderplant made the suggestion in this very thread.
Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-04-2021, 13:42   #737
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I haven't heard of any lip-sync problems for a few weeks so I suspect it has been resolved.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2021, 16:58   #738
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
I haven't heard of any lip-sync problems for a few weeks so I suspect it has been resolved.
Thanks guys
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2021, 10:00   #739
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

I received the new remote yesterday, going to update V6 later this week.

The 360 is Horizon, yes? Does anyone know if it's the same version around Europe?
If so, do they have the same bugs as the UK?
Old 25-04-2021, 12:40   #740
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
I’ve never had problems till this last few weeks and now I’ve noticed a drift in Sound sync some days for no apparent reason.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2021, 13:47   #741
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Not having a go at anyone, why did you choose to change ? From my usage l can not see the point but there again l did t change to v6 from tivo until it packed in !!!!!
Old 25-04-2021, 15:40   #742
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Not having a go at anyone, why did you choose to change ? From my usage l can not see the point but there again l did t change to v6 from tivo until it packed in !!!!!
I was quite keen to try it out and I still really like it and it is a lot fresher than the Tivo interface.

My wife says she can navigate it a whole lot easier than Tivo

I like the HD channel swap and the voice instructions (which at first I thought it was gimmicky) and I use it all the time now.

Overall although their are a few features missing, I think for us that it is much better (and less cluttered)
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2021, 17:54   #743
jobbie8
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
I held off for a while which is unusual for me as I like to get new tech at release and didn't reply to my email invitation.

I remember back when I forced my ntl digital box to update to get the 'new' VirginTV black and yellow software weeks before they rolled it out and I was one of the first customers to get Tivo in Teeside.

I found myself speaking commands to Google Home to turn on lights, heating, TV's and so on, that when I type on Tivo it feels very slow.
I like that HD channels replace SD versions
and I like the look of the new modern software.

Also, I didn't pay a fee, the change hasn't altered my discounts or contract.

I hardly record much these days, I usually stream from On-demand and Apps.

Yes, there are a few features missing, and apps for now, but I'm sure new ones and updates will come to 360 in the future.

Last edited by jobbie8; 25-04-2021 at 18:43.
Old 25-04-2021, 20:10   #744
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
The 360 is Horizon, yes? Does anyone know if it's the same version around Europe?
If so, do they have the same bugs as the UK?
Yes, yes and probably.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2021, 17:17   #745
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Wink Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I held off for a while which is unusual for me as I like to get new tech at release and didn't reply to my email invitation.

I remember back when I forced my ntl digital box to update to get the 'new' VirginTV black and yellow software weeks before they rolled it out and I was one of the first customers to get Tivo in Teeside.

I found myself speaking commands to Google Home to turn on lights, heating, TV's and so on, that when I type on Tivo it feels very slow.
I like that HD channels replace SD versions
and I like the look of the new modern software.

Also, I didn't pay a fee, the change hasn't altered my discounts or contract.

I hardly record much these days, I usually stream from On-demand and Apps.

Yes, there are a few features missing, and apps for now, but I'm sure new ones and updates will come to 360 in the future.
Guess that sums it up don't use google home ( don't trust it) or Alexa .a don't type on v6 ,no need. . Hd sd don't care but in favorite always choose hdif available
Old 27-04-2021, 08:44   #746
jobbie8
cf.addict

I changed to 360 this morning, the update only took 6 minutes, (the info screen said 30 mins) I'm liking everything so far, very fast and modern looking software.
Old 27-04-2021, 15:55   #747
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Never been offered it, I certainly won't be paying for a software update if offered.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2021, 20:50   #748
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

Not been offered it yet either. I will wait until most of the teething problems have been sorted out before I switch.
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2021, 09:35   #749
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

They need to allow Alexa control as Sky have done and then I might be interested.
spankysmagicpian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2021, 14:48   #750
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

There is no Alexa control on Sky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
They need to allow Alexa control as Sky have done and then I might be interested.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote