Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 12-09-2022, 20:43   #496
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Freeview changes

Spotlight is a part of Channelbox on Freeview 271 using a connected TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Is the programme 'Spotlight' still available, my friend loves Country and Western music?
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2022, 10:41   #497
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Spotlight is a part of Channelbox on Freeview 271 using a connected TV.

Thanks for that Ozat, I watched a programme (I think it was BBC 2 TV) called Spotlight yesterday, but it was not Country and Western, perhaps there are two different progs called the same.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2022, 16:27   #498
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

ITV has confirmed that ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, ITVBe and CITV is to drop all programming from 6am to midnight and simulcast with ITV on Monday.

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/queensfuneral-itvplansann

RXTV has reveal nothing will happen on Freeview this week.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/on-hold-ho...s-tv-platforms
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2022, 12:13   #499
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

UK Radio Portal to launch on Freeview Channel 277 on Wednesday.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2022...h-on-freeview/
Old 18-09-2022, 19:12   #500
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

The following channels will broadcast a Queen Funeral or will be off air for some time tomorrow (times very - As seen on Virgin) also if any ch. listed on a following posts have a +1 Ch. is will be shown a hour later:

BBC 1*
BBC 2*
ITV
STV
UTV
S4C
ITV2***
ITV3***
ITV4***
ITVBe***
Sky Arts**
Pick**
Challenge**
BBC NEWS
Sky News
GB News
BBC Parliament*
Talk TV HD
CITV***
QVC^^
QVC Beauty^^
QVC Style^^
Ideal World
Create & Craft^^
Gems TV^^
TJC^^
RTÉ One (Northern Ireland only)
BBC Red Button 1 (With no Commentary)

*As BBC News
**As Sky News
***As ITV
^^Channels has confirmed that they will be offair for some time on Monday.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 18-09-2022 at 19:22.
Old 23-09-2022, 19:44   #501
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Thanks for that Ozat, I watched a programme (I think it was BBC 2 TV) called Spotlight yesterday, but it was not Country and Western, perhaps there are two different progs called the same.
Spotlight TV has officially ceased broadcasting. A new channel called Music & Memories has taken its place on ChannelBox (Freeview 271) with similar content. There is also an Irish Country music evening every week in a Monday on Channel 7 TV that features programmmes that used to be broadcast on Spotlight. This can be found on Vision TV (Freeview 264) or on Sky channel 182.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 01:55   #502
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Are there any spare 24 hour Freeview slots available?

I ask because it's believed that Christmas24 will be going FTA on 1 November.

I'm wondering if it will stay FTA after Christmas, but this business model usually means that the channels also join Freeview.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 00:12   #503
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

I'm wondering if it will stay FTA after Christmas, but this business model usually means that the channels also join Freeview.
I wouldn't go as far as "usually". It's far from a guarantee.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 13:49   #504
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:

COM4/SDN has got one slot free.
Old 11-10-2022, 19:39   #505
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

PBS America is now on Freeview Play.
https://youtu.be/TS0o76SZc8M

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/pbs-americ...-freeview-play
Old 12-10-2022, 00:35   #506
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Channelbox has added two new Ukrainian channels to its Freeview platform and mobile applications.

*Film UA Drama
*Star Cinema

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2022...nian-channels/
Old 12-10-2022, 07:26   #507
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I wouldn't go as far as "usually". It's far from a guarantee.
Which ones haven't?

Comcast/Sky usually do.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 16:43   #508
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Which ones haven't?

Comcast/Sky usually do.
What I said was a sweeping generalisation of my recollection of my many years watching developments regards TV in UK. I can only give a gut gist, I can't give specifics, it was simply my immediate reaction to it.

Sorry I can't give you a more specific answer Richard.
Old 26-10-2022, 15:10   #509
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Due to today changes on Freeview:

*Freeview has NO room to launch any more new channels unless they make a bid to use Together TV slot on COM4/SDN.

*No broadcaster wants a Slot on SDN that has been open to any broadcaster since June 2022 so SDN has given it for FREE to Together TV.

Here is today changes in full:

Information from UK Terrestrial TV:

*NOW 80s has been delisted from Manchester TV Network on Ch. 77.
*Clubland TV has been delisted from Manchester TV Network on Ch. 80.
*NOW 90s has been delisted from Manchester TV Network on Ch. 87.
*Together TV has moved from ch 83 to ch 92 on COM5 and changed to Together TV+1
*Together TV has been added to COM4 on ch 83
*RealityXtra 2 has been added to COM4 on ch 69
*Pet Collective has been added to COM4 on ch 278
Old 26-10-2022, 19:07   #510
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

There's bound to be another change on the way because RealityXtra 2 being on a Main multiplex whilst RealityXtra is on the Local multiplex makes no sense.