Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM News Another Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

VM News Another Price Increase

Old 27-07-2019, 15:03   #136
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Just got Ultimate Oomph for £94 a month.
You should have held out for a better discount, I was offered it for £79 a month.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-07-2019, 15:17   #137
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You should have held out for a better discount, I was offered it for £79 a month.
That's quite a significant improvement from your last update on the matter.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...8&postcount=98
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 15:24   #138
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

Also I think Richard pays for line rental in advance
oliver1948uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 19:18   #139
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them

Weirdly I received one at my old address (visited today for a tenancy check-out visit) despite my account being closed. Can only surmise it's auto generated ?
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 19:36   #140
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
Also I think Richard pays for line rental in advance
I prefer to pay my rental in advance as the bill are smaller each month and you do save, Nash
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 23:35   #141
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
That's quite a significant improvement from your last update on the matter.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...8&postcount=98
That quoted post bears no relation to the VVIP package.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2019, 20:36   #142
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
That quoted post bears no relation to the VVIP package.
Which if you read wasn't actually the point I made.

One day you are haggling over £4, a few days later you've allegedly got the best discount I've seen on this or indeed any forum.

I don't know how else to define that other than "significant improvement". Do you still pay line rental saver?
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 14:17   #143
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Just had my email. 7.8% increase for me. I've always found retentions don't seem to offer the best deals when price increases are happening, so not sure of my next move!
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 16:19   #144
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Just had my email. 7.8% increase for me. I've always found retentions don't seem to offer the best deals when price increases are happening, so not sure of my next move!

it's the only time you have any leverage as a customer. They certainly won't be any more generous if you ring them mid contract.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 16:32   #145
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
You usually need to go through with the cancellation to get the good deals. The outbound team usually call back within a few days offering much better deals than any the inbound retentions ones do.

If they don't call you back you can cancel the cancellation at any time before the month runs out then just take something from retentions anyway.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 00:22   #146
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

For everyone expecting VM to contact you, don't forget to make sure you're opted in to marketing, otherwise you may not hear from them.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:59   #147
Brunel
Chief Mechanical Engineer

Services: V.M. M. 125 November 6 2018. Finally connected.
Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough

Just Rx'd letter informing me of price rise from 1 October. I am in my first year on 100Mbs + telephone, connected November 2018 at offer price of £27:00/month.

I am assuming that first year offer is fixed for first year? or am I assuming incorrectly?

P.S. increase £3.50

Last edited by Brunel; 02-08-2019 at 14:00. Reason: added xtra info.
Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 13:33   #148
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

Just got my (way over cost of living) price notification increase by email.

+15%!
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 14:13   #149
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Of course, the increases will look large if you have a generous discount on your charges.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 23:38   #150
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

Now I have no VM phone, cancelled after last years haggle, what's the best way of dealing with VM? Do they have web chat? I know VM do not have email, only to send bills, adverts etc. Contact via mobile phone could cost more than I could save.
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote