Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Slow Horses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Carnival Row

Old 20-07-2019, 21:49   #1
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of
Carnival Row

Coming 30th August on Amazon.

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

At San Diego Comic-Con yesterday, Amazon Studios released a pair of trailers for its upcoming fantasy series, Carnival Row. The two videos introduces the show’s two main characters, Vignette and Philo, as well as the fantastical alternate Victorian world that they inhabit.
Amazon ordered the series back in 2017, describing it as a “Neo-Victorian fantasy” in which a number of mythical creatures have fled their homeland and tried to integrate into our world. In the trailers, we meet Vignette Stonemoss (played by Cara Delvigne) and Rycroft “Philo” Philostrate (played by Orlando Bloom), and learn that the Vignette’s fantastical homeworld was peaceful until humanity arrived and brought war and violence with them. She and Philo met and fell in love, something that seems to be a bit of a taboo pairing in this world

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

Viginette and the other centaurs, faeries, fawns, and trolls from her world escape into a city called The Burg, where they set up an enclave. There, they have a difficult time — racism and bigotry are rampant, with fae like her threatened, beaten, and murdered on the streets. Philo is tasked with investigating a string of murders in the city, which could undermine the unsteady peace between humans and creatures

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

At the convention, the cast and crew for the show spoke about how the show draws parallels with the present day. Marc Guggenheim noted that “part of that world is a discussion ... about racism and sexism and classism and spiritualism, and we kind of cover it all and we look at all the different ways that you can differentiate the people and creatures in society, and it makes for a very layered and complex show.”
The series will debut on Amazon Prime Video on August 30th, 2019

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

https://youtu.be/zgOKlKBeFNc
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2019, 19:00   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Carnival Row

It has been renewed for a second season in advance of its first season debut.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2019, 19:22   #3
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
It has been renewed for a second season in advance of its first season debut.
It looks good.
Old 02-09-2019, 00:48   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
It looks good.
It was good.

Just finished the first season.

I wasnt sure I would like it based on the previews, but it was oddly compelling.

I soon ended up watching all 8 episodes. I look forward to Season 2.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:37   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
It was good.

Just finished the first season.

I wasnt sure I would like it based on the previews, but it was oddly compelling.

I soon ended up watching all 8 episodes. I look forward to Season 2.
l will get around to watching it soon as sometimes its easy for some to be deceived by previews and flashy trailers and then when one watches some things it ends up as a disappointment.
Old 02-09-2019, 21:48   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I am working my way through The Dark Crystal atm and then I will be straight on to this.
Old 14-09-2019, 23:46   #7
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

3rd episode in and I’m hooked. Dark, gritty and holds no punches.
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 08:45   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

I am going to start it tonight. I gave The I-Land ago first but it was short lived
Old 22-09-2019, 19:32   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Not bad at all, looking forward to the next season, now i need to find something else to binge watch, any recommendations?
Old 22-09-2019, 19:41   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

Have you watched The Dark Crystal yet?
Old 22-09-2019, 20:00   #11
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Have you watched The Dark Crystal yet?
No don't know anything about it so i will check.

edit.

Think i want something with Humans in it.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 22-09-2019 at 20:16.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2019, 20:27   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

It really is superb, you are missing a treat. I'll think of something more humany. How about rewatching (if you have seen them) Alias, 24 or Heroes?
Old 22-09-2019, 20:32   #13
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
It really is superb, you are missing a treat. I'll think of something more humany. How about rewatching (if you have seen them) Alias, 24 or Heroes?
I may fireup Kodi and give it ago then, hopefully it hasn't been cancelled?
Old 22-09-2019, 20:51   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

Na, it is too mind blowing to be cancelled. I dont know if it was planned as a standalone series because it is a prequel series to the movie but hopefully they'll renew it either way. There is definitely scope for more story telling.
Old 22-09-2019, 21:00   #15
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

After 12mins I am struggling, so don't think I can keep watching it.