Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dr. Who Season 7 (Made in 1970)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Dr. Who Season 7 (Made in 1970)

Old 01-02-2022, 22:34   #1
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Dr. Who Season 7 (Made in 1970)

TV Series "Dr. Who" starting from Season 7 (Made in 1970) will be shown on Forces TV from February 15th.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2022, 22:46   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Dr. Who Season 7 (Made in 1970)

Good spot. I’m all in for that.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 23:13   #3
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
TV Series "Dr. Who" starting from Season 7 (Made in 1970) will be shown on Forces TV from February 15th.
Nice one MB !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:37   #4
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Excellent! I've already watched more episodes of UFO than I ever did in the 70's.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:42   #5
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

So they are starting with Jon Pertwee then. Loved his car
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 12:57   #6
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
So they are starting with Jon Pertwee then. Loved his car
Don't seem to be screening them all. According to my epg they're going straight from 'Spearhead' to 'The Daemons'.
Old 02-02-2022, 13:02   #7
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Don't seem to be screening them all. According to my epg they're going straight from 'Spearhead' to 'The Daemons'.
TBH I dunno if I could handle much of it. I watched 30 minutes of that Space 1999 movie thing posted and could not handle any more. Prefer my childhood memories through rose tinted specs me thinks hahaha
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 13:11   #8
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

With any tv show or that time you just have to bear in mind that to a greater or lesser extent they are all conceived as theatre (unsurprising as almost everyone who worked in TV in those days worked in theatre more than they did in a studio). If you go to the theatre you make allowances for the limitations of the format. More than that, you enjoy the ingenuity displayed by the production designers, given the limitations. Then you enjoy the story they’re telling by engaging your imagination. It takes a little more effort than watching the immersive CGI-fest that is modern sci fi and fantasy but it’s worth it.

On that basis, you can see why Space 1999 went up against Doctor Who in the schedules in the 1970s, and lost.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:30   #9
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Season 1 of Space 1999 did reasonably well, and was good.

Season 2 was dreadful. (That thing from the other day was part of Season 2).

---------- Post added at 01:30 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

I have all the Doctor Who Seasons on my PC, and watch them now and then, Jon Pertwee was my favourite from the 70's (with Jo Grant).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 09:15   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Ah, Katy Manning, friend of Daleks.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:42   #11
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Season 1 of Space 1999 did reasonably well, and was good.

Season 2 was dreadful. (That thing from the other day was part of Season 2).

---------- Post added at 01:30 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

I have all the Doctor Who Seasons on my PC, and watch them now and then, Jon Pertwee was my favourite from the 70's (with Jo Grant).
Some of the old Dr Who episodes were excellent, and I think some of them probably worked better because of the limitations of the resources available.

I think the acting in a lot of them was way over the top, but that likely comes from the actors being Theatre actors..

I think Space 1999 had a major problem. It was trying to compete with the American shows, which meant relatively high budgets. The problem comes because high budgets demand high viewing figures, which something that was likely considered a kids programme would not have gotten. Space 1999 season 1 didn't get the viewing figures, which resulted in massively reduced budgets for season 2.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 13:23   #12
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Just this moment set the series link for it.
Old 03-02-2022, 14:07   #13
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Ah, Katy Manning, friend of Daleks.
Ah, you've seen the photos she did too
Old 03-02-2022, 19:24   #14
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Ah, you've seen the photos she did too
Yes, although these days I think they are considered pretty tame.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2022, 23:48   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

A reminder that this is now happening. They’re picking classics rather than running entire seasons; first four are Spearhead from Space, The Daemons, Genesis of the Daleks and Terror of the Zygons.