Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Low Internet Speed - 2nd Tec call out

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Low Internet Speed - 2nd Tec call out
Closed Thread

Old 18-07-2020, 08:23   #1
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB
Low Internet Speed - 2nd Tec call out

Im due a 2nd visit from VM tec today.

I should be getting 500Mb but niver get above 200Mb, most of the time it running from 60 to 150.

the 1st tec recabled all cables in the house and retermanated call cables outside right up to the box (its not 20m away)

he also replaced the router. He was stumped as to what was wrong and said he would pass it up.

nothing happened i called 150 again went over all the testing they do again and said tec was comming out again.

Q1 whats the 2nd tec going to do?
Q2 any idea what is wrong?
Advertisement
Old 18-07-2020, 10:49   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Low Internet Speed - 2nd Tec call out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcB View Post
Q2 any idea what is wrong?
your guess is as good as ours, we haven't got a crystal ball. As you have asked two questions I will respond in kind.

1) Why are you asking for help when you can't be bothered to answer simple questions by those who are trying to help you?

2) Why have you started a second thread when you have already got one open and can't be bothered to reply to the people who are trying to help you?

If an admin sees this it needs to be merged with:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...3709206&page=2
Old 18-07-2020, 15:30   #3
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

And his is why I stopped coming onto this forum.
Just don't like aggressive people.
Also I hope the admin merge posts, as you said I'm looking help not aggression. Guess I'll look elsewhere ��

Old 18-07-2020, 16:30   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

people help those who help themselves and you haven't been. You make the most generalised of statements thinking we have got a crystal ball and when we ask pointed questions to try and steer you in the right direction you just ignore them. You can ignore me all you want but Hugh asked you the most basic question to start the troubleshooting process a week ago and you didn't have the courtesy to reply and I know you have been on the forum since and then you come back and start a new thread with more hot air. I am not aggressive, I just get extremely frustrated when peeps like myself take our time to try and help people like you and it just gets thrown back in our face.

Last edited by General Maximus; 18-07-2020 at 16:35.
Old 18-07-2020, 18:40   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

No, I’m not doing a messy thread merge, I’m just closing this one. Discussion can continue in the other thread if you like.

Regardless of what you do, please be nice to each other.
Closed Thread