Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Johnny Depp/Amber Heard libel trial (allegations of wife beating)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Johnny Depp/Amber Heard libel trial (allegations of wife beating)

Old 17-07-2020, 16:32   #1
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Johnny Depp/Amber Heard libel trial (allegations of wife beating)

I don't normally post about things like this, but I've been following this, and I believe Amber Heard. Don't get me wrong: I don't believe he is a bad person, or that he set out to beat anyone.

Why do I believe her? The way things have been described, these attacks happened when he'd had a lot of alcohol.

Several witnesses have said that she had no bruised when she appeared Make Up free, and that people didn't think he was drunk when she has claimed he was.

Now, while I am not an addict myself, I've seen the results of alcohol addiction (although without physical abuse). Alcoholics tend to take out their anger at themselves on loved ones (whether by abuse or shouting at them). They also build up enough of a tolerance to alcohol that they can appear to be sober having drunk enough to make most people pass out. I know someone who is an alcoholic who can drink six or seven pints of strong lager, without going to the toilet or eating, and appear sober. He admits to drinking 6 pints in five hours, but I know that when he starts drinking, he drinks a lot more than 1 pint an hour. Based on how fast he drank when i used to drink with him, I'd argue that the 5 or 6 pints he admits to is actually more likely to be 9 or 10.

Another thing Johnny Depp may be doing that Alcoholics do is transferring. They have to blame someone for their behaviour, because they think there has to be a reason they drink, and they can't blame themselves. Usually, in my experience, this results on the alcoholic blaming something they see someone else as being responsible for, whether it's their boss or workmates to blame for something at work (although it's likely any problem at work is partly caused by the alcoholism), or the bloke that cut them up on the road, or pushed in front of them at the station.

While I am no expert, everything I've read that Amber Heard has done and said is consistent with what I have read victims of Alcoholics suffer, and Johnny Depp's actions are consistent with my own experience of Alcoholics. This leads me to believe that while he has been to rehab, it was either not his choice (whether he was forced or persuaded to go) and it has therefore not worked. One of the most important things Alcoholics Anonymous ask is that the Alcoholic apologise for their actions to their victims. The reason they ask for this is that they believe to control the addiction, Alcoholics need to accept (and show) that *they* are responsible for their actions. No one else.

What I have read of Johnny's actions suggests that while he may make other people believe he thinks this, and that he may even believe he thinks he is responsible for his actions, he doesn't actually think he is responsible for his actions.

I don't blame Johnny. Addiction is an illness. But, assuming he is an addict, he needs to accept that he is addicted to Alcohol, and,as such, can never touch alcohol again.

I know that his team are claiming that Amber is an Alcoholic, and she may be. She certainly seems to drink a lot. However, her behaviour, as described during this case, is, IMO, consistant with that of a victim of an Alcoholic (yes, even the violent outbursts).

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsl...=chromentpnews
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-07-2020, 17:05   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Johnny Depp/Amber Heard libel trial (allegations of wife beating)

So you don't think 2 alcoholics cannot live together and that although Amber drinks a lot her violent outbursts have no relation to the alcohol she may/may not have consumed but due to being a victim of an alcoholic.

Now try turning on its head. Johnny Depp drinks a lot and his violent outbursts have no relation to the alcohol he may/may not have consumed but due to being the victim of an alcoholic.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 14:51   #3
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I don't normally post about things like this, but I've been following this, and I believe Amber Heard. Don't get me wrong: I don't believe he is a bad person, or that he set out to beat anyone.

Why do I believe her? The way things have been described, these attacks happened when he'd had a lot of alcohol.

Several witnesses have said that she had no bruised when she appeared Make Up free, and that people didn't think he was drunk when she has claimed he was.

Now, while I am not an addict myself, I've seen the results of alcohol addiction (although without physical abuse). Alcoholics tend to take out their anger at themselves on loved ones (whether by abuse or shouting at them). They also build up enough of a tolerance to alcohol that they can appear to be sober having drunk enough to make most people pass out. I know someone who is an alcoholic who can drink six or seven pints of strong lager, without going to the toilet or eating, and appear sober. He admits to drinking 6 pints in five hours, but I know that when he starts drinking, he drinks a lot more than 1 pint an hour. Based on how fast he drank when i used to drink with him, I'd argue that the 5 or 6 pints he admits to is actually more likely to be 9 or 10.

Another thing Johnny Depp may be doing that Alcoholics do is transferring. They have to blame someone for their behaviour, because they think there has to be a reason they drink, and they can't blame themselves. Usually, in my experience, this results on the alcoholic blaming something they see someone else as being responsible for, whether it's their boss or workmates to blame for something at work (although it's likely any problem at work is partly caused by the alcoholism), or the bloke that cut them up on the road, or pushed in front of them at the station.

While I am no expert, everything I've read that Amber Heard has done and said is consistent with what I have read victims of Alcoholics suffer, and Johnny Depp's actions are consistent with my own experience of Alcoholics. This leads me to believe that while he has been to rehab, it was either not his choice (whether he was forced or persuaded to go) and it has therefore not worked. One of the most important things Alcoholics Anonymous ask is that the Alcoholic apologise for their actions to their victims. The reason they ask for this is that they believe to control the addiction, Alcoholics need to accept (and show) that *they* are responsible for their actions. No one else.

What I have read of Johnny's actions suggests that while he may make other people believe he thinks this, and that he may even believe he thinks he is responsible for his actions, he doesn't actually think he is responsible for his actions.

I don't blame Johnny. Addiction is an illness. But, assuming he is an addict, he needs to accept that he is addicted to Alcohol, and,as such, can never touch alcohol again.

I know that his team are claiming that Amber is an Alcoholic, and she may be. She certainly seems to drink a lot. However, her behaviour, as described during this case, is, IMO, consistant with that of a victim of an Alcoholic (yes, even the violent outbursts).

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsl...=chromentpnews
Amber has not provided any evidence that would prove that he has been violent to her. No-one has seen any bruises. However, we have heard evidence about Amber's character which doesn't look very good.

You seem to be basing your belief that he's guilty because Amber says he is violent when he has been on the alcohol. But there is no proof. How do you know she's not making it up?

Frankly, I'm keeping an open mind on this until we hear rather more that has yet to come to light.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 15:07   #4
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

I've not really been interested in this 'story' since it first appeared, my initial thoughts being that they're both complete loons

Given the background they both have, why would anyone with a modicum of self respect choose to be partnered with either of them?

Just another case of once famous people being complete arses . . .
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 15:09   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I've not really been interested in this 'story' since it first appeared, my initial thoughts being that they're both complete loons

Given the background they both have, why would anyone with a modicum of self respect choose to be partnered with either of them?

Just another case of once famous people being complete arses . . .
No different to some normal people then.
Old 20-07-2020, 15:11   #6
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No different to some normal people then.
apart from the media interest, no
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 15:59   #7
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
So you don't think 2 alcoholics cannot live together and that although Amber drinks a lot her violent outbursts have no relation to the alcohol she may/may not have consumed but due to being a victim of an alcoholic.

Now try turning on its head. Johnny Depp drinks a lot and his violent outbursts have no relation to the alcohol he may/may not have consumed but due to being the victim of an alcoholic.
She may or may not be an alcoholic. I don't know. And as a rule, it's not a good idea for 2 alcoholics to live together. They feed each others addictions.

I'm actually keeping an open mind, but as I stated, what Amber has said does gel with experience I have had dealing with alcoholics. And yes, true alcoholics develop enough of a tolerance to alcohol that they can drink enough to make a non alcoholic pass out, and still appear sober enough to fool someone who doesn't know them well. As I said, i have a friend who is an alcoholic, He can spend several hours in the pub. Enough time that I think that despite his claims that he only drinks 5 or 6 pints, he is likely to drink 10 and still appear stone-cold sober when he gets home. I know how fast he drinks, and I know that he is perfectly capable of lying to anyone about how much he drinks. And despite knowing him well, I can't always immediately detect that he is drunk when he gets home. Anyone who has dealt with an alcoholic (and I am not talking someone who just likes a few bevvies down the pub on a friday night here, I'm talking about people who feel they need to drink heavily every night, and often don't care where it is) will know that even their victims can be driven to extreme measures by their behavior (even murder in some cases), which is why counselling is recommended for everyone the Alcoholic lives with.

BTW, to those stating you've heard no evidence from Amber, you are right. She only started giving evidence today.

And finally, she has done this despite knowing it will likely destroy her career (Depp will likely be protected - he brings in too much box office not to be). If she is as fame hungry as has been claimed, she will likely be aware of that.

BTW, I am not judging either of them. I think both need help. AA actually say that when an alcoholic seeks counselling, everyone they live with needs to seek it as well, whether they are an alcoholic or not.

But, for that help to work, person seeking it has to want to seek help. It will not work if they are forced to seek it. Although Johnny has been in rehab in the past, it sounds like he was forced.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote